Brian Griese is the answer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Griese is the answer

Why do a lot of people on this board rip Tom Brady? He is NOT a bad quarterback. Sure, he's not a great one, but he gets the job done. Anybody watch that Super Bowl against the Rams? That game-winning FG drive? Very impressive. I should add that Brady does his work with virtually no running game, especially on Sunday. Wasn't he among the leaders in TD passes last year? And that game-winner in OT, while of course I didn't like it for obvious reasons, it really was a thing of beauty to watch. It made me upset for two reasons: 1) it won the Patriots the game and 2) why can't our offense do that? CC torched secondaries on plays like that in 2001; I can remember a 74-yarder against Indy, and McKnight had a huge one like that against Seattle that year too. Both plays were made with Fiedler at the helm. Why can he no longer complete deep passes??

Originally posted by AirVick

but I watch the Dolphins every week, and it's clear as day the guy can't throw.

This is the typical blanket statement that eliminates any credibility. To say he "can't throw" is over the top and complete nonsense.

I never said Fiedler was a great QB. I think he is an adequate QB. The o line is a bigger problem than Fiedler right now (IMO).

Its the constant attempts to lay everything on Fiedler that is annoying and ignorant.

I agree. The O-line seems to be a bigger problem than fiedler.

Fiedler really only helps/hurts us on the passing game.

Our Offensive line isnt doing anything on either Passing or Running.

They cant protect our QB in the pocket and they sure arnt opening any lanes for Ricky to run through.

from my viewpoint...everytime Fiedler throws the ball deep...it honestly looks like he's just throwing it up for grabs...and hoping that our receiver makes a play on the ball and comes up with the catch. I don't hate Fiedler and I don't think that Griese is better but what I do know is that Fiedler cannot throw a line drive and hit his receiver in stride...he just can't throw deep. he throws the ball up for grabs...most of his deep balls look like hail marys to me.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

You mean the pass that traveled 20 yds in the air? That proves he has more arm strength than Fiedler?

More like 55 yards in the air, totally in stride. And it had some mustard on it. :cry:

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
I'd like to know what Fiedler had to do with the win vs Buffalo?

Fact is it took the second best defensive performance in Fins history to scrape out a win. Why? Jay Fiedler!

uhhhhhhhh, how bout a third down qb draw to keep a key drive alive? how bout converting third downs keeping ricky running? how bout drawing the bills defenders offsides so many times? u see, you are blind.:lol:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
from my viewpoint...everytime Fiedler throws the ball deep...it honestly looks like he's just throwing it up for grabs...and hoping that our receiver makes a play on the ball and comes up with the catch. I don't hate Fiedler and I don't think that Griese is better but what I do know is that Fiedler cannot throw a line drive and hit his receiver in stride...he just can't throw deep. he throws the ball up for grabs...most of his deep balls look like hail marys to me.

thats called no separation sal.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

This is the typical blanket statement that eliminates any credibility. To say he "can't throw" is over the top and complete nonsense.

I never said Fiedler was a great QB. I think he is an adequate QB. The o line is a bigger problem than Fiedler right now (IMO).

Its the constant attempts to lay everything on Fiedler that is annoying and ignorant.

i say JF is not a good sidethrower. i think he can throw deep but he doesnt have good route running WR's who get separation. he throws very well over teh middle which is why a balme norv alittle here, he doesnt use the middle passes like he did this past week as much.

I've got news for you guys...Griese doesn't do well when he doesn't get excellent protection. He's very accurate when he does, but if you get in his face he'll throw it up for grabs. Can you honestly say your line is going to give him excellent protection? I think you're better off with Fiedler- at least he can run for a first down now and then and he's not usually bonehead, which is why Griese is no longer a Bronco.

Weren't these the same people that were crying for Lucas last year? Look what happened there. Jay's the best we've got right now so let's just go with him. The coaching staff should under stand this and cater the gameplan around that. Connecting w/McMichael may have been the beginning of something. Right now, we are a one man offense with Ricky running and catching the ball, with an occassional appearance by Chambers. I feel the McMichael is being sorely underutilized. There's more to be had there. He was beating the NE LB like a government mule on Sunday. If we can get even a medium passing game going, that may ease the running lanes for Ricky a bit. And the Dreadlock Deamon doesn't need much to get going. As it stands right now, our oddense is so easy to defend. Defenses are constricting the feild against us because they're not going to let Ricky beat them like last year and they'll take their chances vs our pass offense. I don't care who were playing, that's what's going to happen.

Brian Griese had the most piece of crap pass protection line in the NFL possibly last year. He was hit every play. They are great run blockers, but they are piece of crap pass protecters.

Griese's accuracy rating. 66%. That is Kurt Warner good accuracy.

Originally posted by MiaMarino
Weren't these the same people that were crying for Lucas last year?

Griese doesn't even compare to Lucas. Griese is a starting Qb Lucas is not. I have been saying this since Fiedler has been our Qb. He will not lead this team to the Superbowl. Some of you guys crack me up. "Fiedler will make the Probowl this year" Thats the biggest joke ever. Then all I hear is Fiedler outstanding record that he has accomplished by himself. What record I don't here is his post season record with the Phins 1-2. 1TD and 7ints in the playoffs. He allready has more int than td passes!! If Fiedler is the starting Qb for the rest of the year we will be home in december. The Pats figured out how to beat us. FORCE FIEDLER TO THROW THE BALL TO WIN.

I guess you guys don't remember that big play last season that Fiedler badly missed. McKnight wide and I mean wide wide open to the endzone in the Pats game. Enough blame on the whole Lucas thing. A TD there would have put us in the playoffs.

I tell ya what. All you want-a-be GMs line up and give me some numbers of all the free agent QBs out there sitting at home, who would be so much better than Jay.
When ya get that list together let me know. Jay is not going to the pro-bowl with these receivers and OL but he is a hell of a lot better than Lucas or this years version, BG. They are back ups for a reason. Coaches see practices every day and know their jobs are on the line. If any of them thought BG was better he would be in there. Face it, you are arm chair QBs (and lousy ones at that) who arent paid to make such decisions. Thankfully, for the dolphins sake, you NEVER will be. Jay is the starter, get over it. Go pull for one of those teams with those perfect QBs. We really don't need all your support and can live without your absurd observations. I'm sure the Bills or Pats could use some blind fans. Fill out there application and I'm sure they will accept you.

There you contradict yourselves. So practice is where they see Fiedler is better?

Wasn't Ray Lucas great in practice?

Back
Top Bottom