Brian Griese is the answer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Griese is the answer

Gannon? Yes, I'll give you that 40 year old Gannon's arm is weak. Brees? I give him the slight edge on Fiedler, maybe a push. The rest have better arms than Jay. Griese has a better arm, too.

The funniest one on that list was probably Trent Green. Green has a good arm, he was tearing **** up in Mike Martz's offense (throwing vertical passes all over the place) before he got hurt, and in relief of Warner. I've seen Trent Green throw vertical, and he does it well. Have you even seen the Chiefs this year? He's going up top and making even Eddie "Stone Hands" Kennison look good. That's pretty impressive. The Chiefs offense is producing better than ours, and their receiving corps. makes ours look like we brought back Paul Warfield and Nat Moore.

CirclingWagons' post is just one more example of a curious phenomenon: The only people in the league that think Fiedler is a decent QB... are the Jay's cult groupies. Honestly, when Miami cuts Fiedler next year, where do you think he's going to wind up? Where could Fiedler start? He's not accurate enough to substitute Gannon in the Raiders' offense. Maybe San Diego? Their offense sucks, I guess he'd fit right in.

The guy's tenure is over, get over it. He was brought in to run Miami's old offense, and now Norv Turner is the OC. I'm betting Turner can't wait to get rid of the guy, otherwise he'd be calling bootlegs and roll-outs to cover for Jay's inability to do jack **** in the pocket. How many QBs has Turner made Pro-Bowlers? Did he suddenly lose that magic, or did he suddenly get a QB who can't complete an out pattern, can't read a zone-blitz, and can't find an open man when teams have 9 guys up to stop Ricky?

The sad part is, I kinda like Fiedler. He throws nice blocks, and he did a great job running Miami's offense when they had no talent and a system tailored to his strengths. But face the facts, the guy was never a good pocket passer, and he's looked ****ing pathetic after injuring his thumb. Who cares how many games THE TEAM wins with him at the helm? If his job performance sucks, upgrade the position and see how many more games the team can win. Jay is undefeated against Buffalo? Yeah, nice 17-7 victory. Did we mention that Jay spotted the Jills 7 points on a moronic interception that got taken to the house? Did we mention that Ricky put on a superhuman performance with the entire BIlls defense playing run? Nice work, Jay. You only spotted the Jills 7 points, and our defense played a perfect game. Way to go, slugger.

I'll never understand the love affair. He doesn't have to be Dan Marino, he just needs to be able to throw the ball to open receivers when there are 9 guys playing run and 4 receivers out running patterns. Is that asking too much? Why does a bad QB have a cult following? Would you rather have one good block thrown by your QB every 4 weeks, or a QB who can actually run the offense properly?

Doug Johnson plays well enough for Atlanta to win games when their defense isn't giving up 35 PPG. Does that mean Johnson is starter material? LMAO.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
You just made a list of QB's that are ALL more talented than Jay Fiedler.

Tom Brady?

Brady answered that question with ONE pass.

You mean the pass that traveled 20 yds in the air? That proves he has more arm strength than Fiedler? Did I mention the word talent? Get a clue.

Watch the game again smart mouth.

And no you didn't mention "talent". A wise choice when defending Jay Fiedler I assure you.

Originally posted by AirVick

The funniest one on that list was probably Trent Green. Green has a good arm, he was tearing **** up in Mike Martz's offense (throwing vertical passes all over the place) before he got hurt, and in relief of Warner. I've seen Trent Green throw vertical, and he does it well. Have you even seen the Chiefs this year?

Is last night recent enough for you? 11 of 22 for 206 0 TDs and 1 INT. Those numbers would get Fiedler blasted on this board. That is with a great performance by their RB and way more time in the pocket. The two 'long' throws I saw were BADLY underthrown and his receivers MADE PLAYS. Green had all day on both throws.

Do you realize that in 4 of his games this year Green has thrown for 125, 159, 128, and 206 yds?

Regarding Trent Green tearing it up in Martz's offense: he played 5 games in 2000 with one of the most talented offenses in league history. Hardly a fair comparison. Before he got hurt was PRESEASON in 1999.

How many QBs has Turner made Pro-Bowlers?
- I don't know. How many?

I'll never understand the love affair. He doesn't have to be Dan Marino, he just needs to be able to throw the ball to open receivers when there are 9 guys playing run and 4 receivers out running patterns.

The curious phenomenon is the Fiedler bashers complete lack of objectivity and unbelievable ignorance. Most 'supporters' of Fiedler are simply responding to the overwhelming nonsense posted by Fiedler bashers.

Watch the game again smart mouth.

And no you didn't mention "talent". A wise choice when defending Jay Fiedler I assure you.

So I was correct on both points... do you have one?

anyone who mentions yards per game as a reason why a qb is hurting a team is a playstation football player.

for the millionth time folks, if you have a good defense and a good running game, then three things tend to happen.

you're always leading the game going into the fourth quarter. Thus, you never have to come back on a team. miami was leading every game going in to the fourth this year.

the defense is good giving you good field position. that equals less yards to gain per drive.

you have a good running game. 150 yards gained on the ground equals 150 yards that didn't need to be gained in the air.

you're good in the redzone. fiedler has a passer rating of 105 in the redzone. look at the giants. they pass for 350 yards and have no points. san diego scored 28 points last week and their qb passed for 74 yards.

you can rag on fiedler or any player till you have carpal tunnel syndrome. just don't bring this fourth grade logic to the table.

by the way, bledsoe threw for 295 yards against philly and you guys scored 13 points.

but against new england, he threw for 230 (same as jay) and you guys put up 31 points.

i bet you really wish bledsoe put up 295 yards against new england, but it wasn't his day.

Have you not heard Joe?

WE SUCK!:lol:

I'd like to know what Fiedler had to do with the win vs Buffalo?

Fact is it took the second best defensive performance in Fins history to scrape out a win. Why? Jay Fiedler!

Buff Mia
1st Downs 8 23
Rushing 1 8
Passing 7 10
Penalty 0 5
3rd-Down Conversions 1-9 6-14
4th-Down Conversions 0-0 0-0
Punts-Average 7-50.0 4-43.5
Return Yards 101 90
Punts-Returns 2-18 4-41
Kickoffs-Returns 2-29 2-38
Int.-Returns 2-54 3-11
Penalties-Yards 11-84 4-35
Fumbles-Lost 0-0 1-1
Time Of Pos . 19:10 40:50
Total Net Yards 118 313
Total Plays 44 73
Average Gain 2.7 4.3
Net Yards Rushing 41 166
Rushes 14 44
Avg. Per Rush 2.9 3.8
Net Yards Passing 77 147
Comp.-Att. 10-26 16-28
Yards Per Pass 2.6 5.1
Sacked-Yards Lost 4-21 1-7
Had Intercepted 3 2
Touchdowns 1 2
Rushing 0 1
Passing 0 1
Other 1 0
Extra Points 1-1 2-2
Field Goals 0-0 1-3
Red Zone Efficiency 0-2-0% 2-3-66%
Goal To Go Efficiency 0-1-0% 1-1-100%
Safeties 0 0

Get a grip, okay.

Make a point, OK?

First point is that a 10 point win is not scraping by, and oh by the way Mare missed 2 field goals, which would have made it a 16 point win.
Second point the offense, with Fiedler at center, kept the Buff offense on the field for 40+ minutes.
Third point they were 2 out of 3 in the red zone.
Fourth point Fiedler got 10 first downs passing.

That is what Fiedler had to do with the win over Buffalo and they didn't just scrape a win out.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Is last night recent enough for you? 11 of 22 for 206 0 TDs and 1 INT. Those numbers would get Fiedler blasted on this board. That is with a great performance by their RB and way more time in the pocket. The two 'long' throws I saw were BADLY underthrown and his receivers MADE PLAYS. Green had all day on both throws.

Do you realize that in 4 of his games this year Green has thrown for 125, 159, 128, and 206 yds?

Reading comprehension is difficult. I said Green has a good arm, not that I think he's a good QB, or that he's producing big numbers this year. Next.

Regarding Trent Green tearing it up in Martz's offense: he played 5 games in 2000 with one of the most talented offenses in league history. Hardly a fair comparison. Before he got hurt was PRESEASON in 1999.

He was properly executing a vertical passing offense. That was my point. Is Green going vertical every down? No. Can he throw the ball up top better than Fiedler? Like I said, the only guy in the NFL who can't is Gannon. Get over it. Fiedler is like Mike Vick without the cannon arm or 4.2 speed.

The difference between Green and Fiedler... is that Fiedler doesn't have big games. Does Green have 150 yard 0 TD performances? Yes. Did he also throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs in a comeback win against the Packers? YES. When was the last time Fiedler threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs? When was the last time Fiedler brought Miami back from a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter?

- I don't know. How many?

Troy Aikman
Gus Frerotte
Brad Johnson

He made Gus Frerotte a Pro Bowler on a mediocre Redskins team. That about sums it up for me.

The curious phenomenon is the Fiedler bashers complete lack of objectivity and unbelievable ignorance. Most 'supporters' of Fiedler are simply responding to the overwhelming nonsense posted by Fiedler bashers.

Ignorance? Lack of objectivity? Say what you want. The bottom line is that you are delusional enough to believe that Fiedler is a good QB. A guy that alternates between "caretaker" and "downright bad" is a good QB? If that's not "overwhelming nonsense," I don't know what is. Sorry if I'm not a card-carrying member of the "Jay Fiedler Fan Club," but I watch the Dolphins every week, and it's clear as day the guy can't throw.

The league is filled with dink and dunk QBs that can't get the ball down field. We just played one last week. Tom Brady played no better than Jay Fiedler. There are numerous other QBs with similar arm strength to Fiedler:

Rich Gannon
Tom Brady
Chad Pennington
Drew Brees
Trent Green
Joey Harrington
Jeff Garcia

Many others aren't known as down the field throwers.

Their "arm strength" might similar. But their accuracy is much better. When the QBs you listed are called on to throw it deep, they tend to hit the receiver. I really don't see many people - if anyone - questioning Fiedler's arm strength. It's his tendancy to spray the ball anywhere in a 10 yard radius around the receiver that's the problem.

Even in the game against Buffalo, the first pass play if the game - Chambers was open, Fiedler underthrew the ball by about 5 yards and it was picked off. Of the QBs you listed, they all make that throw 9 out of 10 times - not because they're stronger, just way more accurate. Jay misses it 9 times out of 10. That's the problem with Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom