Brock Berlin, the future starter? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin, the future starter?

Dominizzo and DBoston-
I will be PM'ing you guys. I've been lifting about a year now and downing food and protein like every meals my last, yet I can't really seem to put on weight. I think I've gained maybe 2 lbs in the last 9 months. Been considering Creatine but I'm worried that it doesn't add any actual lean mass so when I stop taking it after a cycle I will be back to where I was before.

Berlin will be lucky to even make the team. He played with good players at the University of Miami but never was able to show much.

dominizzo said:
good boy keep it up. im goin to N.CArolina JUly 14 for a compittion. !st prixe is 8000$$$. Dude i do not do it 4 the money. Lyle Alzado inspired me. I love it man. Im all natural im 24 its 8 years i do it, i take a lot of protein shakes creatine no roids im just scared of that stuff. i bench 360 my goal is 450 and i know ill reach it

If you take roids then youll be able to get your goal of 450 in no time:D

I have heard that Berlin has looked pretty lousy so far. Possible NFLE allocation but practice squad at best.

dominizzo said:
good boy keep it up. im goin to N.CArolina JUly 14 for a compittion. !st prixe is 8000$$$. Dude i do not do it 4 the money. Lyle Alzado inspired me. I love it man. Im all natural im 24 its 8 years i do it, i take a lot of protein shakes creatine no roids im just scared of that stuff. i bench 360 my goal is 450 and i know ill reach it

..Steriods can be more harmful if done before 30...because when you quit it will affect what testosterone your body naturally puts out...and at our age we still naturally produce enough to allow growth, so its a good idea that your holding off....

..I love the Competitions the Arnold classic is right here in my backyard and its friggin awesome!! I hope to make it to the Olympia within the next few years, my buddy raves about his experience there....

..although I dont compete I still have a huge intrest in the art and can never imagine myself NOT working out...

..just stick with your program, hell those are some nice stats you got..GL in NC...

I don't see Berlin making the team...other than maybe the practice squad.

caneaddict said:
Dominizzo and DBoston-
I will be PM'ing you guys. I've been lifting about a year now and downing food and protein like every meals my last, yet I can't really seem to put on weight. I think I've gained maybe 2 lbs in the last 9 months. Been considering Creatine but I'm worried that it doesn't add any actual lean mass so when I stop taking it after a cycle I will be back to where I was before.

..You may already know this but take in 1 1/2 of protein per bodyweight...consume as many CLEAN calories as possible.....IMO the best way to put on mass is by doing intense low rep high weight sets(atleast 4) consume protein no less than 45 minutes after an intense workout regardless if your hungry or not........Also what are your height/ weight???......some people just have poor genetics as far as putting on weight..its sorta a gift and a curse...

Gofish1331 said:
Is Berlin the starter of the future or is the first round pick next year going to be standing under center?:confused:

Don't have much of a crystal ball for next year, but I doubt that Berlin can handle the pro game. He really has a weak arm. I have never been impressed with him at UM, but that could be because of the long line of pretty good college QBs that UM has had. He just didn't live up to our standard at UM, IMO....

I live on the West coast and i can't say much about Brock except I hope he can turn into a Brady style pick up for the Phins, but Leinart, Im not sold on, he has won a championship and maybe two by the end of his career, but i live in the county where he went to school. He went to the same school as Chris Rix and played against the same school that Palmer went to, he isn't the number one pick in the draft. He has the skills but imo he is the product of a system. He was a backup to Rix, by the way, and look where Rix is at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think Brock Berlin will make the team, and I expect him to get released after pre-season. But I wouldn't consider making the team as 3rd string would be out of the question, but that would mean Sage would have to be cut. But I think even that would be a longshot. In no way whatsoever do I think Brock Berlin is the future starter of this team and if he is... we'll be in A LOT of trouble.

Gofish1331 said:
Half the people on this site hate Feeley, the other half hate Gus. What is the long term answer?:confused:

The long term answer will be revealed in some form or another this season. Berlin IMO is not NFL caliber. His arm is average, he has trouble playing under center and does not have good mobility.
Feeley has a much better arm and a quicker release. However, if Feeley demonstrates that he is not the long term answer then they will be looking elsewhere in the offseason (draft, FA), NOT at Berlin.

And I'm saying this as a UM fan.

I can't believe you've lived 37 years and still ask that Question. In case you don't know, Berlin is aweful!

Back
Top Bottom