Brooks wants out of NO | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks wants out of NO

LostInPatsLand said:
He did a good job in NO for a while. I don't understand the big deal here. Maybe people just like to whine...
he did MEDICORE when his team was at its best. he makes very bad decisions

kastofsna120 said:
he did MEDICORE when his team was at its best. he makes very bad decisions

I don't agree...
Won the Saints starting quarterback job in 2001, Brooks had a season where he emerged as a Pro Bowl alternate. He tied the team record for TD passes (26) and set both the season mark for rushing by a QB (358) and the season total offense yards record (4,190).

Source: Scout.com

Aaron brooks sucks, i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

(see sig for my thoughts on the matter... if he comes out that is)

kastofsna120 said:
whoa, a one-time pro bowl alternate????? give him all the money in the world

You said he was mediocre when his team was at its best. You are flat out wrong. I didn't say give him all the money in the world. Apples and oranges, my friend.

LostInPatsLand said:
You said he was mediocre when his team was at its best. You are flat out wrong. I didn't say give him all the money in the world. Apples and oranges, my friend.
um i'm sticking to medicore. the year he was a pro bowl ALTERNATE he threw TWENTY-TWO interceptions. that's 22.....

The best thing you can say about Brooks is that there isnt realy anything he cant do physicaly. The problem is he just hasnt shown the ability to progress in the mental part of the game. I know he has had Haslet and maby a beter coach could get more out of him but when a guy has been in the league as long as he has been and still makes the mistakes that he does I wouldnt hold my breath to hard. He seems to be the exact opposit of what Saban talks about with regard to wanting smart players with the right mental attitude.

kastofsna120 said:
um i'm sticking to medicore. the year he was a pro bowl ALTERNATE he threw TWENTY-TWO interceptions. that's 22.....
I can't win with you if you don't listen to reason...Oh,well, you only can bring the horse to the water...

LostInPatsLand said:
I can't win with you if you don't listen to reason...Oh,well, you only can bring the horse to the water...
what reason? the reason you think he is more than medicore is because he was a pro bowl alternate. don't worry about that, look at the numbers. 26 touchdowns to 22 interceptions is pretty much the pure definition of medicore. AND he had a good team around him then. ricky had 1200 yards rushing, and he had two 1000 yard receivers. still, he only completed 55 percent of his passes, and the team lost the last 4 games of the season. and here's his TD/INT ratio those last 4 games:

3/2, 3/4, 1/3, 0/4

so THAT was his best season. tell me that's anything more than average

kastofsna120 said:
that's a terrifying thought

I know. Mule's taste in QBs along with his "Madden Franchise Mode" approach to free agency is why I've been very nervous about bringing this guy in here. I think (hope?) that Saban will keep a tight leash on this guy and just use him for input, monitoring of FA, and salary cap analysis.

why the **** do people want to keep bringing in garbage?

and btw saban has the final say who is brought in here. thank god for that. muller is like an advisor and nothing more.

saban has final say on all matters related to football operations. just to remind you guys that muller isnt a GM, just an advisor.

The only QB to throw a pass 20 yards backwards?? No thanks!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom