Brooks wants out of NO | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks wants out of NO

Joneal7 said:
Aaron Brooks has thrown over 3500 pass yards in his past 4 seasons and has always had more tds than ints....right now his completion % is better than Gus...and if ur saying Gus is better then there is something wrong here

I'm not saying Gus is better.

I'm saying Aaron is WORSE.

Just trust me on this one. You have to see several Saints games. Brooks is poo.

I would have rather had Adrian McPherson and developed him.

Please draft a QB this year and get him ready, a 2006 NFL qb who is somewhat mobile and can throw downfield.

just say no to brooks! i was excited when i heard he woudl be a FA this last year but after watchign a few games of his and hearing what commentators said about him I saw that he was not the asnwer for us. If it is a 3rd n 1 or 4th and inches and its a short quick pass or a pass for 3 yards, tehy said with brooks, its a 4th and 20 cuz he wont care for the first but rather woudl take the TD with that play and that usually causes them to punt as he forces things down teh field for the home run hit.

Atleast with Brooks on the roster, Linehan couldn't use the "Gus gives us the best chance to win" excuse.

To all the people that say that we have to develope him... What is wrong with you, the guy has been in the league for years, he has been developed, there is nothing you can do, what you see is what you will get. A guy with incredible athleticism that is absolutely capable of taking the most boneheaded desitions ever... You remember him throwing a backwards pass to his lineman's knees? you remember his throw in the endzone last week? I mean if you guys think that Frerrote is unnerving, wait to see htis guy come in... he is just that bad... Or worse.. He is awfull, you say more weapons here??? the guy has joe Horn and Donte Stallworth, and he has Deuce McCallister, and he still is able to screw the team he is on. He had ricky at one point and they still could not win.... Please... please, this is not the solution...

death7star said:
so you want to continue to bring in veterans here?

PEOPLE WE NEED TO DRAFT A DAMN QB. we can't keep bringing in veterans every other year. come on. aren't you guys sick of it?
who's saying not to draft a qb ?? but even if we draft one next year, you really think he'll start for the fins right away....

i like brooks but only for a low cap number contract....

I can't believe another Brooks thread. Everyone thought AJ made bad decisioins, imagine Aaron under center. The guy is the human blooper reel.

I wonder if the people who make these threads have ever seen the person play.

Brooks would be the best QB since Marino atleast. If we could get him for cheap, I would go for it.

Fish_Fan4Life said:
Brooks would be the best QB since Marino atleast. If we could get him for cheap, I would go for it.

He is the best paper QB, since on paper he seems to be all that good. But he for sure is not the best QB (I would rather have 2002 fiedler under center)

Everyone wants to draft a QB but we have more needs than just a QB. A great QB is nothiing without an O-Line and running game (does anyone remember #13). Based on our record, it is unlikely that we'll get a top rated QB in this year's draft. Therfore, we should look to fill in the holes until the time comes when a truly top rated QB comes available in the draft. If Brooks is availble for a reasonable price, he may be worth looking at. Rivers will be out there at some point and the $$ will not be as bad as everyone thinks. I for one like what Saban has done and the direction he wants to go in. Remember how bad the Patsies were for all those years and look what they have now (Brady round 6).

feelthepain said:
He's terrible on a terrible team. Remember, Mueller drfted him and before this year Brooks was a solid threat to both run and pass. He's still young, I'm not saying I would rahter have Brooks then a drafted QB, but I won't be pissed if nothing else works out and we sign Brooks.
Mueller didn't draft him, Ron Wolfe (GM of the Packers at the time) did. Mueller traded for him though. Irregardless, while he would be an upgrade over Gus, I wouldn't want him as our starting QB next year. We can do better.

Why is it that the miracle cure-all is always somebody elses headache. It's like buying a used car and getting somebody elses problems.

Statement: Brooks wants out of N.O.
Reply: So.....

Idea: The Lions are in the market for a backup QB!

Back
Top Bottom