BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

ch19079 said:
most people here wanted to draft a QB with the #2 overall pick, but now all of a sudden your QB is great.....

Losman HAS to be better than Bledsoe. so starting Losman is a step forward.

as for ryan leaf... maybe E. Manning is the next ryan leaf....
i would say AJ insted of manning, but atleast AJ can be a backup somewhere.

'Losman HAS to better than Bledsoe'?????? I don't think so. And as for a "step forward", the only progress the Bills made with the naming of Losman as thte starter is that Tom Donohoe will be shown the door after next season.

dominizzo said:
Feeley is a better qb than Jp "LOSER'' LOSMAn

untill losman plays a season we wont know for sure.

so i guess for now feeley would be consitered better

just like McGahee is consitered better.

but atleast McGahee set the bar high, which is more than i can say about AJ.

phinsforever said:
'Losman HAS to better than Bledsoe'?????? I don't think so. And as for a "step forward", the only progress the Bills made with the naming of Losman as thte starter is that Tom Donohoe will be shown the door after next season.

He dosen't have to be better.

But he can't be much worse.

You probably didn't catch as many Bills games as we did, but he was horrible week in and week out.

Bottom Line:

If Losman makes a rookie mistake we can let it slide, hes essentially a rookie.

When Bledsoe consistantly made rookie mistakes as a 12 year vet its embarassing.

And if you take bledsoes statue like pocket presense, and swith it with Losmans 4.6 speed, you can't help but expect improvment.

phinsforever said:

you know, for a second there, i actually thaught you were going to make valid point. i dont know what came over me.. :shakeno:

but i think we have gotten a little off the topic at hand....

Losman7 said:
If you don't get it, you never will.

I'm sure you're an embarassment to many of your fellow FinFans who actually talk about football.

And you're right, I miss-spelled ONE WORD. I didn't fill paragraph after paragraph with mindless drivel (the only thing you EVER do)
:sleep:
I have forgot MORE about the game of football than YOU could EVER comprehend over 2 of YOUR pathetic life times!!!!!!!
"I'm sure you're an embarassment to many of your fellow FinFans" YOU are an embarrassment to ANYONE who accesses the internet.. You whine and B!tch more about things / forum proceedures that are not in your control or ANY of your buisness!!!
:rolleyes2

:wave:

Marino1983

Losman7 said:
He dosen't have to be better.

But he can't be much worse.

You probably didn't catch as many Bills games as we did, but he was horrible week in and week out.

Bottom Line:

If Losman makes a rookie mistake we can let it slide, hes essentially a rookie.

When Bledsoe consistantly made rookie mistakes as a 12 year vet its embarassing.

And if you take bledsoes statue like pocket presense, and swith it with Losmans 4.6 speed, you can't help but expect improvment.

Watch and see: Kelly Holcomb will be starting for the Bills by week 10. Losman rubs people the wrong way, a la Ryan Leaf.

ch19079 said:
ive seen McGahee run vs. NFL teams and NFL tallent.

ive seen Brown run vs. college teams and college tallent.

McGahee is the better RB till Brown provs otherwise...

By that logic we can say Fiedler is a better qb than Leinart, Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

outtawack311 said:
By that logic we can say Fiedler is a better qb than Leinart, Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

yep. we are not talking about potential. simply who is better. and you determin that by how they play agenst NFL tallent.

leinart, smith, and rodgers have 0 time in the NFL, so you cant say they are better than any NFL QB untill they play. granted some NFL QBs set the bar higher than others....

now that said, i would take any of those QBs over fiedler. but thats not what we are talkin about here...

its like compairing apples and oranges.

phinsforever said:
Watch and see: Kelly Holcomb will be starting for the Bills by week 10. Losman rubs people the wrong way, a la Ryan Leaf.

"It's night and day," Moulds says of Losman's transformation. "Last spring, he didn't even know what he was supposed to do on certain plays. Now, he knows what all 11 guys are supposed to do on every play." Eric Moulds on Losman

"I think he is going to be one of those guys who gets madder than a riled-up hornet's nest when things don't go right," says Wyche, who aided in the development of Joe Montana with the 49ers and Boomer Esiason with the Bengals. "I don't think he's going to lose control. But I do think he's going to demand a lot of himself and his teammates, and that's not a bad attitude to have as a quarterback." Sam Wyche on Losman

"Now, that's impressive," Villarrial says, grinning. "Of course, you don't want to get in the habit of correcting coaches -- that might get you in trouble -- but he definitely showed me something there."

Losman also earned points by saying he needed to earn the respect of the veterans. "To me, that was a very mature statement from a guy who's only 24 years old and hasn't started a game in this league," Villarrial says. "So far, I think he's going about this whole situation the right way." Chris Villarial

"J.P. was saying all the right things and seemed so eager to learn and get better and get out there and help the team," Milloy says. "That's exactly how Brady was. I gave J.P. the same advice I gave Tom. I told him to do everything you can to prepare yourself for success when your opportunity comes." Lawyer Milloy

All from a Sporting News article.

There is a difference between ****y and confident. Losman is the latter. Honestly if you believe every report you read from every no-nothing, wanna-be expert, it would be pretty depressing to be a finfan right now. But its a two way street.

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050502/617172.html

ch19079 said:
i think they both depend on eachother. if the passing game is weak, that will hurt the run game. if the run game is weak, that will hurt the passing game.

the best RBs need break away speed, and the ability to consistantly get those 3rd and 3 first downs.

but i still remember when a day befor the draft a lot of people thaught benson was the best RB in the draft.... and it wasnt till the fins selected R. Brown that those people changed their view of benson.

I personally still think Benson is the best pure runner that came out of this draft. I do love the Ronnie pick though, because he is a damn good pure running back, plus he has extra speed and size..he can also catch and block much better than the other backs in this draft. I woulda been happy with either of those 2.

byroan said:
So why did you post? :shakeno:

I didnt post to say, "there is no way to tell"

I just didnt want a thread full of nothing and saying the same thing over and over again, like many threads turn out to be. I seen that this was a good thread and then 7 people said the same thing about we just dont know. Only pointed out that there was no sense in killing a thread by saying "that we just dont know"

Unless you would have liked to see a bunch of crappy posts saying the same thing and no opinion whatsoever.

This post is a joke. Willis was a stud in college and is a stud in the NFL, Ronnie was a back up in college and unproven in the NFL

Losman7 said:
What are you talking about?

Final two season at Tulane as the starter, never missed a game

5545 Yds, 53 Tds, 24 INT's 58% completion rate.

And not bright? He had a 3.3 GPA

I know, you hate the Bills but you should stop denying your fear of Losman. Face the facts, we have a brighter future at QB than you.

Thanks for digging up those stats. 58% completion against weak college competition is far less than desirable. That's not even a good number at the NFL level.

His TD to Int ratio is slightly above 2:1, again hardly stellar for that level of play and projecting it out to the NFL. The kid Omar Jacobs was something like 42 vs 4. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Leinart are like 4:1 or better on TD to INT ratio. As for bright, I was talking about reading defenses and football intelligence not how he did in geography class on his football player academic schedule.

I set forth a very fair assessment of his football abilities. Fans who blindly trumpet up their own players are more common than objective fans. My assessment stands, and I'd say your stats support my view.

Losman is underwhelming.

both McGahee and Brown are going to be great backs but Brown can do more for a team. He runs with both excellent speed and power, he blocks with the best, and he is a great receiver

Losman7 said:
"It's night and day," Moulds says of Losman's transformation. "Last spring, he didn't even know what he was supposed to do on certain plays. Now, he knows what all 11 guys are supposed to do on every play." Eric Moulds on Losman

"I think he is going to be one of those guys who gets madder than a riled-up hornet's nest when things don't go right," says Wyche, who aided in the development of Joe Montana with the 49ers and Boomer Esiason with the Bengals. "I don't think he's going to lose control. But I do think he's going to demand a lot of himself and his teammates, and that's not a bad attitude to have as a quarterback." Sam Wyche on Losman

"Now, that's impressive," Villarrial says, grinning. "Of course, you don't want to get in the habit of correcting coaches -- that might get you in trouble -- but he definitely showed me something there."

Losman also earned points by saying he needed to earn the respect of the veterans. "To me, that was a very mature statement from a guy who's only 24 years old and hasn't started a game in this league," Villarrial says. "So far, I think he's going about this whole situation the right way." Chris Villarial

"J.P. was saying all the right things and seemed so eager to learn and get better and get out there and help the team," Milloy says. "That's exactly how Brady was. I gave J.P. the same advice I gave Tom. I told him to do everything you can to prepare yourself for success when your opportunity comes." Lawyer Milloy

All from a Sporting News article.

There is a difference between ****y and confident. Losman is the latter. Honestly if you believe every report you read from every no-nothing, wanna-be expert, it would be pretty depressing to be a finfan right now. But its a two way street.

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050502/617172.html

Are you for real??? You admonish us finfans for 'believ[ing] every report you read from every no-nothing(sic), wanna-be expert" and yet you include a bunch of quotes from people INSIDE the Bills organisation. Dude, get your head out of Ralph Wilson's a$$. What do you expect the Bills' coaches and players to say? That the kid is a problem child with an extremely bad attitude? I remember the way Bills fans reacted when Bledsoe came aboard. The great majority of fans were whooping it up, claiming they had just nabbed the next great QB. The arrival of Losman is no different. And his success, or lack thereof, will be no different from Bledsoe or Rob Johnson. He's just a hot shot college kid who will be out of the league in 5 years. Book it.

Back
Top Bottom