Brown should be out | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown should be out

You're reading too much into the stats. RW was a great receiver out of the backfield during his first stint here. Ronnie has shown to be a good receiver out of the backfield during his time here.

I think Ronnie is a tad injury prone, but I'm not going to go run around yelling "Cut him" "Cut him". I think he'll be a good asset this season.

OK, my turn to weigh in on this,

Ricky Williams,
True he is one suspension away from lifetime ban. I think an argument can also be made that Goodell has him in his sites, to make an example of him.

As I understand it, Ricky's last suspension was not from smoking pot but from an unknown substitance that is supposedly tied to his yoga stuff. Not recreational or performance enhancement related. None the less reling on him is a scary proposition.

His age? Yes it's missleading to compare him to other players in the leauge that have played every season when he has not. It is also unfair to completly discount his age not to mention the wear and tear he took in the CFL. It takes longer to heal up each week as you get older. So I think it's fair to put him somewhere in the middle on physical condition. His mental state is a coinflip...... I think his time off probaly works to his advantage on that matter. More time to grow up and realize what the price of smoking a joint really costs him. All in All, I think Ricky is not going going to return to his days of old, on or off the field. I believe him to be about a 1000yrd back who is going keep a low keel profile.

IMO: Ricky carries the aura of being magical. He creates openings and yardage that dosnt exist. That is the razzle dazzle that makes him a fan favorite.

Ronnie Brown:
This guy I like, but frustrates me to no end. I classify him as a solid back. Puts his head down and rams in the pile. He also I consider to be about a 1000yrd a season back. To say his bad streak of injuries is of no concern would be disingenious. He has nice hands recieving and dosnt fumble, he throws a good block. Ronnie Brown is a bruiser, but he is fragile. I have been on the Kool-Aide drinking homer wagon. I am really at a point now where I am waiting to see him complete a full season without missing time. My concern is; If we hang our hopes on him and we get into the post season, is he going to be there or not? I like Brown and I would not trade him for a 2nd. I might consider it for a first depending on who I thought I could get from it, but not a second. It really is not as clear cut as some imply it is, IMO.

Bottom line for me, I feel good about having them together for a 1-2 punch combo. I think while we are set up for this it's prudent to give Ricky the bulk of the carries and keep Ronnie as a medium duty back.

I'm a little late to the game here, but trading Ronnie and pinning your hopes on a 32 year old running back with disciplinary issues is one of the more idiotic suggestions I've heard in a while. It's hard to find a running back that doesn't have injury issues. So Ronnie dings up his hand a bit and it's time to trade him for a 3d rounder. Seems like there are few too many Cam ("I like Jesse Chapman better than Ronnie") Cameron dead-enders around here.

You're reading too much into the stats. RW was a great receiver out of the backfield during his first stint here. Ronnie has shown to be a good receiver out of the backfield during his time here.

I think Ronnie is a tad injury prone, but I'm not going to go run around yelling "Cut him" "Cut him". I think he'll be a good asset this season.

Ricky has never been a great reviever.

OK, my turn to weigh in on this,

Ricky Williams,
True he is one suspension away from lifetime ban. I think an argument can also be made that Goodell has him in his sites, to make an example of him.

As I understand it, Ricky's last suspension was not from smoking pot but from an unknown substitance that is supposedly tied to his yoga stuff. Not recreational or performance enhancement related. None the less reling on him is a scary proposition.

His age? Yes it's missleading to compare him to other players in the leauge that have played every season when he has not. It is also unfair to completly discount his age not to mention the wear and tear he took in the CFL. It takes longer to heal up each week as you get older. So I think it's fair to put him somewhere in the middle on physical condition. His mental state is a coinflip...... I think his time off probaly works to his advantage on that matter. More time to grow up and realize what the price of smoking a joint really costs him. All in All, I think Ricky is not going going to return to his days of old, on or off the field. I believe him to be about a 1000yrd back who is going keep a low keel profile.

IMO: Ricky carries the aura of being magical. He creates openings and yardage that dosnt exist. That is the razzle dazzle that makes him a fan favorite.

Ronnie Brown:
This guy I like, but frustrates me to no end. I classify him as a solid back. Puts his head down and rams in the pile. He also I consider to be about a 1000yrd a season back. To say his bad streak of injuries is of no concern would be disingenious. He has nice hands recieving and dosnt fumble, he throws a good block. Ronnie Brown is a bruiser, but he is fragile. I have been on the Kool-Aide drinking homer wagon. I am really at a point now where I am waiting to see him complete a full season without missing time. My concern is; If we hang our hopes on him and we get into the post season, is he going to be there or not? I like Brown and I would not trade him for a 2nd. I might consider it for a first depending on who I thought I could get from it, but not a second. It really is not as clear cut as some imply it is, IMO.

Bottom line for me, I feel good about having them together for a 1-2 punch combo. I think while we are set up for this it's prudent to give Ricky the bulk of the carries and keep Ronnie as a medium duty back.

The last official suspension was for a substance that was not marijuana. However, just before Ricky was eligible for reinstatement, he did indeed test positive for marijuana. Since Ricky was not at that time actually in the NFL (he was suspended), the failed test didnt count against him officially and thus did not result in the indefinate (lifetime) ban. Goodell did however postpone Ricky's reinstatement as was his right.
Ricky actually caught a break there. Had the failed test come a few weeks later, Ricky would be done for good.

It's time 2 get rid of the most injury prone RB in the league. I like him myself but he's nothing but a injury always waiting 2 happen. proven year after year. Welcome back Ricki!!! Lets get a pick for Brown. Jesse Chapman looked pretty good tonight. But man we looked good 2. i love watching us win!!!! I cant wait 2 see how many people trash this!!!!:sidelol:
Is the numeral 2 really that much more easy than actually writing out.."to" or "too".... Seriously.

IF Ricky was a player without his history, I would say YES even a 3rd rounder for Brown is worth it because of the other needs our team has. I would say a RB of Ricky's caliber and a two decent back-ups is MORE than enough.

BUT

Ricky is Ricky. If you think about it the RISK vs. REWARD doesn't make sense.

Right now we have a one-two knock-out combo at RB, because of this we are missing on a possible 2-4th round draft pick. The reward for trading is not that high high compared to the loss in not trading.

If you get rid of Ronnie and rely solely on Ricky we will not take that HUGE of a hit on our running game...BUT the risk that if Ricky spazzes out (yet again) will be catastrophic because we will have NO ONE to anchor our running game. Without the running game, our young receivers will be too covered even for Chad's accuracy...the RISK is too much.

In short.. your proposal is probably the right course of action when looking at the roster, needs, and player caliber--but because of the fragility of our team, if Ricky goes down (weed, injury, retirement) we will utter garbage once again. TOO RISKY, we're playing football, not Russian Roulette.

It's time 2 get rid of the most injury prone RB in the league. I like him myself but he's nothing but a injury always waiting 2 happen. proven year after year. Welcome back Ricki!!! Lets get a pick for Brown. Jesse Chapman looked pretty good tonight. But man we looked good 2. i love watching us win!!!! I cant wait 2 see how many people trash this!!!!:sidelol:
this post is classless and clueless, your reputation has been cemented.

ronnie was on pace to have nearly 1000 yards recieving last year.
in only 7 games he had 39 receptions for 389 yards. ricky williams had 511 yards recieving one year.. that is only 122 yards more than ronnie and that also in 9 more games than ronnie

Yeah but Ricky gets well over 400 touches. Ronnie hasn't been durable enough to do that yet. Plus it's very unlikely Brown would have hit 1000 yards receiving simply because not a whole lot of backs do that. I think Ronnie is a solid receiver, again i think if he's healthy he can be right up there with Tomlinson and Westbrook as one of the best all-around backs in football. But he hasn't done that yet, he hasn't gotten there, Ricky has.

Yeah but Ricky gets well over 400 touches. Ronnie hasn't been durable enough to do that yet. Plus it's very unlikely Brown would have hit 1000 yards receiving simply because not a whole lot of backs do that. I think Ronnie is a solid receiver, again i think if he's healthy he can be right up there with Tomlinson and Westbrook as one of the best all-around backs in football. But he hasn't done that yet, he hasn't gotten there, Ricky has.
I generally agree with your comments with the only caveat being Ricky has been there before but that was 5/6 years ago. Not that he can't get there again, but as he gets older it's getting more and more unlikely that he ever will.

Back
Top Bottom