Brown should be out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown should be out

He is? If Im not mistaken BP took TWO not one, RBs in the draft this year. BP has also stated many times how he feels you can find gem running backs late in the draft and would never draft one early. That suggests to me he was and will continue to try and find a gem for us. Which suggests to me maybe he just dosent see what you guys see in Ronnie and wants to find our future at RB.

No. I dont think we should just "get rid of him" I think Ronnie Brown is an EXCELLENT football player. I merely suggested that if we were offered a 2nd round pick for the guy it would be hard to pass on that considering we have Ricky for now, Ronnie's durability is an issue, and it looks to me like BP can and will(if he hasnt already with Parmele) find us a stud RB late in the draft one year.

But, make no mistake....IMHO Ronnie Brown is a HELLUVA football player.

I dont know where you get that from. Be realistic. Youre just being a total homer here. Ronnie Brown is not one of the best 5 backs in the league. Ricky however you can make a strong argument for in that dept. He is definately a far superior pure runner than Ronnie. In fact the last time this team was winning was when Ricky lead us to 6 straight wins a couple years ago. If he runs like that this season I have no problems limiting Ronnie to 3rd down duties(he has great hands and is a solid blocker) and 5 or so carries a game on 1st and 2nd downs to give the real stud RB(Ricky) a breather.

I dont know about 10 times better. Ricky is a good receiver out of the backfield and a pretty good blocker himself. But, yes, Ronnie is definately better in this dept.

NO. He hasnt. Let me know when Ronnie racks up and 1800+ yard season as a runner. Let me know when he leads the league in rushing. Let me know when Ronnie shows he can carry the load by himself. He hasnt done that on any level of football. Ricky is as good a RB as there is in the league. If Ricky didnt smoke pot, he would be on his way to Canton and getting comparisons to all the great RBs in history. His vision and acceleration is FAR superior to that of Ronnie.

Again. I didnt say that. All I said was that if we could get a 2nd round pick for him, take it and run. Because we have Ricky for now(and its possible Ricky can run on a high level for 3 more years really) and Im sure BP can find a gem for us in the late rounds over the next year or two. Ronnie for a 2nd rounder would be a great move for us from a team standpoint right now. And yea, Ronnies injuries are a definate concern.

Please. Comparing Ronnie to a man with the skills of A.P is homerism to its greatest level. Guys, I like our good players too, but come on. You guys treat so many players around here like they are Dan Marino. I will say unlike Beck, I think Ronnie is a good football player and Im a fan of his, but you guys need to get realistic. Sweating Ronnie is one thing, sweating Beck is another. Ronnie is good and Beck blows. But, seriously....A.P. You need to get real.

Thats why BP reached out to Ricky. He didnt want to throw a guy away when he is clearly our best player. Here's a guy making a small salary and is our best player. Ricky Williams. Why not reach out to him and make him feel accepted. Brilliant move BP. Just one of the several he has pulled off in one offseason. Cam is a moron.

I dont know what he did. I just know with Ricky around we are good at RB for now. I also know with BP drafting for us I think he can get us a solid RB with a late round pick. I also know if we could get a 2nd for Ronnie we could turn that pick into a stud at another position and still be golden at the RB position with Ricky and a lesser round pick used later on. Nothing personal against Ronnie, I think he is a good player. Its just a good business move.

ronnie showed he was a top 5 back last season! he was the best back in the league before getting injured, and would of been going to his first probowl. sure the guy gets injured, but with my comparison to a.p. it just shows that some of the best talent gets injured alot. Brown will never be our only back, now that we have parmele and ricky. Brown is our best, most reliable runningback. He, with out a doubt, is our team leader. he is going into his 4th season, and did everything to show why we picked him number 2 in the draft. I would not trade him for anything less than a top first round pick, but then again i wouldnt want to trade him in the first place..

Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone in college, then he missed games last year with a knee. Clearly hes injury prone. The Vikings should cut him.

Thats a good point.

Probably not yet, but he sure has that kind of potential. Are you guaranteed to get that back by trading him for a 2nd round pick? NOPE.

True, but its not a fair comparison. Ronnie hasn't been in the league as long as Ricky. and Ricky sure didn't look like much his first 2-3 years in New Orleans. not until he came to Miami did he show ANYTHING.

But he DOES(or did?) smoke pot. If Ronnie HADN'T blown out his knee, he would have led the NFL in yards from scrimmage last season. But he DID blow out his knee.

Very good post with good points. And TY so much for simply debating the topic with points and not bashing me personally for my views on the matter. Very refreshing to see.

Nevertheless, like I said..good points. I will say to counter the first one that with that 2nd rounder we wouldnt be drafting a running back. If we wanted to do that there would be no point in trading Ronnie for the pick. Ronnie is a very good RB himself. It would be stupid to trade him for a pick and then use that pick on a RB.

No, like I said I feel that BP can get solid RBs late in the draft. Thats his theory on it, he has stated as so many times. He got Barber in the 4th round. No, I would use that pick on a stud at another position and find a RB later on. But, he mightve found the guy already if Parmele is a player. We will see.

The rest of your points are very fair and well said. I really cant debate them. Ricky didnt really have all world seasons until he came to us. Also he DID smoke pot, so that makes it fair to say that if Ronnie didnt blow out his knee he clearly wouldve put up huge numbers last year.

I just think Ricky is the much better runner and gives us the best chance to win if you give him the bulk of the carries. Ronnie is certainly talented and should be utilized, especially with his hands and blocking abilities. Also having those two hitting LBs all day can go along way in finishing teams off in the 4th qtr. I think Ronnie could do serious damage in the 4th after the combo has pounded people all day. But, also you must consider the fact that Ronnie did have a major surgery to his knee. It has to be a concern.

what if we could trade Ronnie for a bigtime wr like Boldin or Roy Williams and then use Mauia nd boomer more to take pressure off of ricky and then cut Martin and Wilford . I woulndt have a problem with useing tow fullbacks and two tight ends .

what if we could trade Ronnie for a bigtime wr like Boldin or Roy Williams and then use Mauia nd boomer more to take pressure off of ricky and then cut Martin and Wilford . I woulndt have a problem with useing tow fullbacks and two tight ends .

I say we do that right after we ship Jason Allen off for Shawne Merriman.

It's time 2 get rid of the most injury prone RB in the league. I like him myself but he's nothing but a injury always waiting 2 happen. proven year after year. Welcome back Ricki!!! Lets get a pick for Brown. Jesse Chapman looked pretty good tonight. But man we looked good 2. i love watching us win!!!! I cant wait 2 see how many people trash this!!!!:sidelol:

Yeah, Ricky is the most reliable guy in the NFL. we can count on him to be there through thick and thin. Shut up. You FAIL.

um, if im not mistaken your RB just got hurt again tonight, with a cast on his hand, with a broken knee(might as well be). to all you R. Brown lovers, ask yourself whats best for the team, a running back who hasnt finished one year healthy since he's been in the NFL? i thiinks not playa!!

The best thing for this team is to not get so crazy about letting people go. The team will be much better having Brown, Williams and even the 2 rookies taking an occasional carry. The league has proven for the last half dozen years or more that you need more than one back to split the load. So to answer your question "What's best for the team", keep all the talented backs that you currently have, because we will need them all over the course of the season!

Ronnie is my favorite player on the fins besides ted ginn, and boy did i love that 02 and 03 ricky williams but there is one problem with this 2 RB thing. I think it was visible from the year we went 9-7 and that is that both RB and RW need 15-20, maybe even more carries/touches a game to really devestate a defense and get their momentum rolling. The downhill running style takes time and wears a defense down, and it certainly works with these 2 talented runningbacks. I dont think there is time in the game to give each running back that many touches. Maybe it will be different this year because our o-line will be much improved, and im not taking sides on this replicated henne vs beck argument that seems to a brewing, but just stating some facts.

I am only responding to this post to state it is a obvisous attempt to create a post expecting to get flamed. Send this post to the dumper.

why don't people see that in the NFL RBs more than any other position gets injured? thus why it is become a 2 back league.

there 'will' be injuries to our starting RB this season, doesn't matter which one.

the thing is whether the injuries will be major or minor, but RBs 'will' get injured this season.

how many games will they miss? we need 2 starting caliber backs. stop this madness of trading one. please.

also, with Ricky starting this will allow Ronnie to bruise the more tired DL when he comes in. remember, Ronnie played his entire college career backing up Cadillac Williams. well, now he can backup another Williams, Ricky Williams.

Ricky can start and give us the best chance to put points on the board early. Ronnie, who has great hands, can then come in as our 3rd down backup and also be an energy guy off the bench against tired DL/LB and against some backups.

Must keep both backs and give ourselves a great opportunity to upset the status quo that MIA will not be a team to reckon with come playoff time. We must keep both backs.

This is by far the least intelligent thing I've ever seen posted on this forum. I can't believe anyone who knows anything about football and team management would post this. Although, thats probably the reason its being posted, the OP knows next to nothing about it. This isn't madden 09.

If you ignore injury history and suspensions, you're looking at a 32 year old RB vs a 26 year old RB. The NFL life of RB is significantly shorter than any other position. If Ricky had been playing in the NFL the last few season instead of doing whatever he has been doing, you can bet he wouldn't be playing as well right now. Moreso, you'll see him start to slow down within the next few seasons, due to nothing more than age and taking a beating.

If you add in character issues, suspensions, and the non-football variables, its even more of a clear-cut situation. Ronnie Brown is 10 months out of a torn ACL. If I was in a position to make decisions on the subject, I'd put Brown on the PUP list, and let him sit the first 6 weeks, or whatever it is, of the season and rehab that knee even more. Hell, with Ricky playing so well, I would even consider sitting him for the year and letting that knee fully heal. ACL injuries ruin RBs. Edgerrin James tore his ACL, came back too soon, and has not been the same. Terrell Davis and Anderson (Falcons RB a few years ago) both had their careers cut short from ACL injuries. He won't be back up to full speed until next season. Until then, the best thing Ronnie could have hoped for was another fulltime RB on the field to take the burden off him a bit, whil he continues rehab.

There is absolutely no reason to cut Ronnie Brown. Period. End of discussion.

Get rid of Ronnie Brown?

What is it with this place, it's like FinHeaven became a Summer Camp for 12 year old kids.

Trade Ronnie & depend on arguably the flakiest person in the history of sports?

Anybody that puts their stock in Ricky over Ronnie has inherited Ricky's stash and lost any credilbility IMO. Is this proof that WV has lost his mind? His irrational hatred of Beck and now this?

Trade Ronnie & depend on arguably the flakiest person in the history of sports?

Anybody that puts their stock in Ricky over Ronnie has inherited Ricky's stash and lost any credilbility IMO. Is this proof that WV has lost his mind? His irrational hatred of Beck and now this?

lol it's funny but true.

This is like it was when we first drafted Ronnie and everybody kept posting about how he was a bust. Seems some people just like to hate Ronnie.

Back
Top Bottom