Brown should be out | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown should be out

clear.gif

Horrible post is horrible.

how many players in the NFL play 16 games every year??
not as many as ppl would think

wow, ricky williams has one good pre season game and you guys wanna get rid of ronnie brown. let me tell you guys a fact that everyone seems to be forgetting, ricky williams smokes ONE more time and hes out, done, over. to this day and forever one, i will not trust ricky williams. Was he a better runner than ronnie brown in his prime, OF COURSE. but that was in his prime 4 years ago. right now, our RB is ronnie brown, the same guy who led the league im total yards and was 4 in rushing yards before he got injured. i know know, he's injury prone, but right now he is a better running back then ricky williams and i will gladly let williams walk at the end of the season.

You guys? LOL, one douchebag has a ridiculous idea to trade Ronnie Brown and suddenly all the sane ones are lumped in with him?

:err:

Since Ronnie came into the league, how many games (real ones) has he played in?
How many has Ricky?

Yes Ricky can still run, but given his history you cant give up your main running back and expect Ricky to deliver. You do that and you are just asking for disaster.

Use him while he's here, trade him if you can. But NEVER count on Ricky Williams for anything.

There is no freakin' way in heck that I would trade Ronnie for anything less than what we gave up for Ricky. We finally have depth at running back and can work Ronnie back in slowly (Cam about killed him last year because we didn't have anything else). I can't believe that people are already trying to push him out. Having 2 top notch running backs is a GOOD thing, people! We aren't in any type of cap trouble so why not just let the R&R Express punish the opposing defenses for the next few years?

It's time 2 get rid of the most injury prone RB in the league. I like him myself but he's nothing but a injury always waiting 2 happen. proven year after year. Welcome back Ricki!!! Lets get a pick for Brown. Jesse Chapman looked pretty good tonight. But man we looked good 2. i love watching us win!!!! I cant wait 2 see how many people trash this!!!!:sidelol:

You are an idiot

Can't we just enjoy having two quality running backs? That is the mode that most successful teams are going.

get rid of brown r u serious? before his injury last year he was leading the league in yards. You can't just have Ricky Williams back there, teams want 2 running backs now, so with Williams and Brown it sets up perfect. Brown won't have to carry the load that he did last year so it should be much easier on him and should keep him healthy throughout the season. We traded away Booker in the offseason so I don't see any other back on this team currently that can carry the load. What if Ricky were to go down then where would that lead us? Nowhere.

Ronnie is our future

He is? If Im not mistaken BP took TWO not one, RBs in the draft this year. BP has also stated many times how he feels you can find gem running backs late in the draft and would never draft one early. That suggests to me he was and will continue to try and find a gem for us. Which suggests to me maybe he just dosent see what you guys see in Ronnie and wants to find our future at RB.

and you think we should get rid of him?

No. I dont think we should just "get rid of him" I think Ronnie Brown is an EXCELLENT football player. I merely suggested that if we were offered a 2nd round pick for the guy it would be hard to pass on that considering we have Ricky for now, Ronnie's durability is an issue, and it looks to me like BP can and will(if he hasnt already with Parmele) find us a stud RB late in the draft one year.

But, make no mistake....IMHO Ronnie Brown is a HELLUVA football player.

but he is still a top 5 talent at running back.

I dont know where you get that from. Be realistic. Youre just being a total homer here. Ronnie Brown is not one of the best 5 backs in the league. Ricky however you can make a strong argument for in that dept. He is definately a far superior pure runner than Ronnie. In fact the last time this team was winning was when Ricky lead us to 6 straight wins a couple years ago. If he runs like that this season I have no problems limiting Ronnie to 3rd down duties(he has great hands and is a solid blocker) and 5 or so carries a game on 1st and 2nd downs to give the real stud RB(Ricky) a breather.

the guy catches and blocks 10 times better than ricky

I dont know about 10 times better. Ricky is a good receiver out of the backfield and a pretty good blocker himself. But, yes, Ronnie is definately better in this dept.

and has shown that he can also run just as good

NO. He hasnt. Let me know when Ronnie racks up and 1800+ yard season as a runner. Let me know when he leads the league in rushing. Let me know when Ronnie shows he can carry the load by himself. He hasnt done that on any level of football. Ricky is as good a RB as there is in the league. If Ricky didnt smoke pot, he would be on his way to Canton and getting comparisons to all the great RBs in history. His vision and acceleration is FAR superior to that of Ronnie.

yet, you want to get rid of him because he has a few injuries?

Again. I didnt say that. All I said was that if we could get a 2nd round pick for him, take it and run. Because we have Ricky for now(and its possible Ricky can run on a high level for 3 more years really) and Im sure BP can find a gem for us in the late rounds over the next year or two. Ronnie for a 2nd rounder would be a great move for us from a team standpoint right now. And yea, Ronnies injuries are a definate concern.

thats like wanting to get rid of A.P. because he gets injuried at least 3 times a year..

Please. Comparing Ronnie to a man with the skills of A.P is homerism to its greatest level. Guys, I like our good players too, but come on. You guys treat so many players around here like they are Dan Marino. I will say unlike Beck, I think Ronnie is a good football player and Im a fan of his, but you guys need to get realistic. Sweating Ronnie is one thing, sweating Beck is another. Ronnie is good and Beck blows. But, seriously....A.P. You need to get real.

getting rid of our most talented player makes absolutely no sense..

Thats why BP reached out to Ricky. He didnt want to throw a guy away when he is clearly our best player. Here's a guy making a small salary and is our best player. Ricky Williams. Why not reach out to him and make him feel accepted. Brilliant move BP. Just one of the several he has pulled off in one offseason. Cam is a moron.

he probably just jammed his finger anyways, thats why the ice pack was applied..
I dont know what he did. I just know with Ricky around we are good at RB for now. I also know with BP drafting for us I think he can get us a solid RB with a late round pick. I also know if we could get a 2nd for Ronnie we could turn that pick into a stud at another position and still be golden at the RB position with Ricky and a lesser round pick used later on. Nothing personal against Ronnie, I think he is a good player. Its just a good business move.

Let me just make clear again that I AM NOT A RONNIE HATER!!!! Dont think that I would think of him like Beck.

It's time 2 get rid of the most injury prone RB in the league. I like him myself but he's nothing but a injury always waiting 2 happen. proven year after year. Welcome back Ricki!!! Lets get a pick for Brown. Jesse Chapman looked pretty good tonight. But man we looked good 2. i love watching us win!!!! I cant wait 2 see how many people trash this!!!!:sidelol:

Wasnt Jesse CHATMAN released last year? I guess at least you knew your post was terrible, so thats a start I suppose.

He is? If Im not mistaken BP took TWO not one, RBs in the draft this year.

Thats a good point.

Ronnie Brown is not one of the best 5 backs in the league.

Probably not yet, but he sure has that kind of potential. Are you guaranteed to get that back by trading him for a 2nd round pick? NOPE.

Let me know when Ronnie racks up and 1800+ yard season as a runner. Let me know when he leads the league in rushing.
True, but its not a fair comparison. Ronnie hasn't been in the league as long as Ricky. and Ricky sure didn't look like much his first 2-3 years in New Orleans. not until he came to Miami did he show ANYTHING.
If Ricky didnt smoke pot, he would be on his way to Canton
But he DOES(or did?) smoke pot. If Ronnie HADN'T blown out his knee, he would have led the NFL in yards from scrimmage last season. But he DID blow out his knee.

You don't trade one of the few elite players on your team that's in their prime.

Ronnie Brown lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage with a completly shoddy offensive line before his ACL tear. He was clearly coming into his own...

Guy is an elite back. is he LT or Adrian Peterson? Nope. But he's right up there with the likes of Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson ,Clinton Portis, Fred Taylor etc etc. Right up there. IMO that is.

Bill Bellicheck would kill to have Ronnie Brown on the Patriots. Said it himself practically.

Back
Top Bottom