Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal

Keep your swag and moxie.

Jakeem Grant might have more TD's than Landry in 2018, at 1/30th the cost.

No ill will but I also won't be rooting for him.

I will be. I’ll get a Browns Landry jersey like I got an Eagles Ajayi Jersey. Wore it proudly.

You have very low standards. Elite players don't need 160 targets to produce. Furthermore I'm not overpaying a slot so you can have your wes welker. How much money did he make?

Welker only made 40 million over his entire CAREER, he was twice the player Landry is too
What Welker made is completely irrelevant. He is not twice the player.
Also I'm tired of hearing about this targeted number like it's bad.

In New England's grand tour of offensive excellence, Welker was targeted 145 times.
Welker was targeted 170 times in 2011 and 2012. He was targeted 100 times in his final season in Miami.

Julio Jones was targeted 203 times when the Falcons had the best offense in the league. Dez Bryant was targeted 160 times during his best season. Elite players don't need 160 targets to produce? Elite players get 160 targets because they are elite. The production just happens to follow.

So are the 160 targets indicative of a bad offense where Landry was just catching bubble screens? Or do good players just get a lot of passes thrown at them? Doesn't seem like a terribly difficult thing to answer.

What Welker made is completely irrelevant. He is not twice the player.
Also I'm tired of hearing about this targeted number like it's bad.

In New England's grand tour of offensive excellence, Welker was targeted 145 times.
Welker was targeted 170 times in 2011 and 2012. He was targeted 100 times in his final season in Miami.

Julio Jones was targeted 203 times when the Falcons had the best offense in the league. Dez Bryant was targeted 160 times during his best season. Elite players don't need 160 targets to produce? Elite players get 160 targets because they are elite. The production just happens to follow.

So are the 160 targets indicative of a bad offense where Landry was just catching bubble screens? Or do good players just get a lot of passes thrown at them? Doesn't seem like a terribly difficult thing to answer.
Lol what welker did is irrelevant? Why did you bring him up then hahahaha you are a riot.

anyways, I'm done if you think Landry belongs in welkers class but then dont think what welker made is relevant? This debate is a lost cause with you

Lol what welker did is irrelevant? Why did you bring him up then hahahaha you are a riot.

anyways, I'm done if you think Landry belongs in welkers class but then dont think what welker made is relevant? This debate is a lost cause with you

Welker was undrafted in 2004 when giant contracts were south of 10 million. Welker signed his original deal with New England a DECADE AGO.
That is why his career earnings are irrelevant. Cant' believe I have to explain that...

I dont know if this has already been reported but I havent seen any post about this and if there is a post about this MY APOLOGIES but this MUST BE DISCUSSED

Browns signed Jarvis Landry to a five-year, $75.5 million extension through 2023.

ESPN's Josina Anderson was the first to report the impending deal. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the contract includes $47 million guaranteed, and Landry is now the fifth-highest paid receiver in the league based on average salary. It is a shocking price to pay for a volume-based player who never elevated Miami's passing attack past mediocre, but Landry at worst can be a reliable safety blanket for whichever quarterback Cleveland selects with the No. 1 overall pick.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

THATS CRAZY MONEY FOR LANDRY for the position he plays SMH

I been missing in Forum action for a few days but thanks to the one that merged this..........again CRAZY CONTRACT FOR LANDRY but I cant be mad at him cause he got what he wanted and someone was STUPIDLY WILLING to pay but am GLAD IT WASNT FROM US

Idk why everyone thinks that Landry won. Personally, I think he should fire his agent.

Assuming the report that the Dolphins offered him $13.5 per season last year are accurate, he will be lucky to break even and he is on a worse team.

Do the math. 10% of the gross to the agent off the top. Deduct the 37% for federal taxes, 2% for Cleveland’s city tax, and finally 5.33% for Ohio’s tax. By my calculations he is coming up about $95k less per year than if he had taken Miami’s offer.

I'm happy for Landry that he's earned generations-changing money.
I'm also happy that my favorite team is not on the paying end of that contract.
Abso-damn-lutley my friend, glad for Landry....happy for the Phins.

Back
Top Bottom