Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal

Amendola is on what is basically a one year deal. He can be cut in 2019 with no dead cap hit. He will provide depth in 2018. Wilson is a good player and will thrive with a bigger role in Gase's offense. The amount of production difference between Landry and Wilson will not be worth double the cost and a lot more guaranteed money. An offense that targets a limited player 116 times is just not a good offense. Time to spread the ball around to players that have enough ability to make some big plays.

Yes sir. I'm glad you said it.

Amendola is on what is basically a one year deal. He can be cut in 2019 with no dead cap hit.
You mean an 8 game deal?

Wilson is a good player and will thrive with a bigger role in Gase's offense. The amount of production difference between Landry and Wilson will not be worth double the cost and a lot more guaranteed money.

For a guy that had a fit about crystal balls and prognostication, you sure do make a lot of predictions as if they are fact.

I don't have a problem with the confidence to make such bold claims, but I was just admiring the hypocrisy.

Landry got the same guaranteed as Julio Jones - that is CRAZY.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
4h
Jarvis Landry’s $47M in guarantees from #Browns is significant. Mike Evans got $55M, DeAndre Hopkins got $49M on 5-year extensions. Landry’s new deal puts him right there with Julio at $47M. Then comes Dez Bryant at $45M and Demaryius Thomas at $43.5M in 2015. … Big commitment

Not that crazy. If signed today, Jones would have 65 mill in guaranteed. And Landry's production is right there with the best in the league. In his prime, NFL record setting, durable and you're a team with a lot of cap. What's crazy about that?

Not that crazy. If signed today, Jones would have 65 mill in guaranteed. And Landry's production is right there with the best in the league. In his prime, NFL record setting, durable and you're a team with a lot of cap. What's crazy about that?
What record? Catches? Give me a break .He caught 100 balls and still didn't break 1000 years. That's elite let me tell ya

What record? Catches? Give me a break .He caught 100 balls and still didn't break 1000 years. That's elite let me tell ya
Lol yeah and Welker only scored 1 TD. Definitely not an elite player that guy.

This just in: NFL records are meaningless.

Lol yeah and Welker only scored 1 TD. Definitely not an elite player that guy.

This just in: NFL records are meaningless.
Welker Had 37 TDs in 6 years. Give me a break. Landry had a career year with 9 but couldn't even break 1000 on 160 targets. Even Brian Hartline produced with those kind of targets

Welker Had 37 TDs in 6 years. Give me a break. Landry had a career year with 9 but couldn't even break 1000 on 160 targets. Even Brian Hartline produced with those kind of targets
Welker had 1 TD while with Miami and people used that as reasoning to say that the 2nd rounder from the Patriots was a steal. You're doing the same with Landry. You're discrediting Landry's production by using whatever excuse you can come up with.

Welker only scored once so he sucks.

Landry doesn't score TDs.
*Scores 9 TDs*
Well he didn't get 1000 yards.

Like come on, do you hear yourself? Landry is an elite player. Wake up and smell the truth.

Albert Wilson's ENTIRE career numbers (4 years) look like one season for Landry and people think Wilson is worth half of Landry's salary? Absolutely wild.

You have very low standards. Elite players don't need 160 targets to produce. Furthermore I'm not overpaying a slot so you can have your wes welker. How much money did he make?

Welker only made 40 million over his entire CAREER, he was twice the player Landry is too

You mean an 8 game deal?

For a guy that had a fit about crystal balls and prognostication, you sure do make a lot of predictions as if they are fact.

I don't have a problem with the confidence to make such bold claims, but I was just admiring the hypocrisy.

Yeah they are all predictions. Some just seem a little crazier than others. Like Hugh Jackson is going to do something he has never done, coach an NFL team to a winning record. People hyping up the Browns is the in vogue thing to do right now. I get it.

As far as Amendola and his 8 game deal?Come on. Amendola has played in more than 8 games in every season he has been in the league except 2011. Must have been a joke. He isn't the most durable but lets not exaggerate too much. You can have a lot worse WRs as your #4 than Danny Amendola. I will agree that 6 mil is a steep price. At least it is just 6 mil guaranteed. The guy killed it in the Super Bowl give him that. He had Brady throwing him the rock but give the guy a little credit. He isn't some scrub walking in off the street.

As far as Wilson goes. He had more than half the yards Landry had in 2017 with a much better yards per catch average. Of course he wasn't targeted 166 times, yikes. Not that a far of a stretch to think that with more targets Wilson can improve upon those 2017 #s. For half the price Wilson doesn't need to get targeted 100+ times a season. Get the ball into the hands of guys that can get chunk plays more often. Wilson has more big play ability than Landy. Drake, Stills, and Grant need to get the ball more. This season is Parker's make or break year. He either finally lives up to expectations or most likely he will be gone in 2019.

15.1 mil/year for a guy who averages 10 yards/catch and 5.5 TDs a season is a steep price. Glad the Dolphins didn't pay it. They are already overpaying for guys like Alonso and Branch. Landry is a better player at his position, but his position doesn't warrant that type of money IMO.

Yikes. Adams a better route runner? I just...what?

do you think landry is a good route runner? He doesnt get catches because he's so good at getting open, he gets catches because the gameplan was to get him the ball even if it meant throwing it to him 1 yard past the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have a complicated route tree at all because his skillset is very limited, granted what he is good at hes very good at it but route running is not one of them. Hell there were many times where he looked lost before the ball was snapped and he didnt even know what route he was running. It has also been stated that he struggles with option routes and usually goes the wrong way.

Yeah they are all predictions. Some just seem a little crazier than others. Like Hugh Jackson is going to do something he has never done, coach an NFL team to a winning record. People hyping up the Browns is the in vogue thing to do right now. I get it.

As far as Amendola and his 8 game deal?Come on. Amendola has played in more than 8 games in every season he has been in the league except 2011. Must have been a joke. He isn't the most durable but lets not exaggerate too much. You can have a lot worse WRs as your #4 than Danny Amendola. I will agree that 6 mil is a steep price. At least it is just 6 mil guaranteed. The guy killed it in the Super Bowl give him that. He had Brady throwing him the rock but give the guy a little credit. He isn't some scrub walking in off the street.

As far as Wilson goes. He had more than half the yards Landry had in 2017 with a much better yards per catch average. Of course he wasn't targeted 166 times, yikes. Not that a far of a stretch to think that with more targets Wilson can improve upon those 2017 #s. For half the price Wilson doesn't need to get targeted 100+ times a season. Get the ball into the hands of guys that can get chunk plays more often. Wilson has more big play ability than Landy. Drake, Stills, and Grant need to get the ball more. This season is Parker's make or break year. He either finally lives up to expectations or most likely he will be gone in 2019.

15.1 mil/year for a guy who averages 10 yards/catch and 5.5 TDs a season is a steep price. Glad the Dolphins didn't pay it. They are already overpaying for guys like Alonso and Branch. Landry is a better player at his position, but his position doesn't warrant that type of money IMO.

Yes, I was jesting about him only playing 8 games because is not very durable.

do you think landry is a good route runner? He doesnt get catches because he's so good at getting open, he gets catches because the gameplan was to get him the ball even if it meant throwing it to him 1 yard past the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have a complicated route tree at all because his skillset is very limited, granted what he is good at hes very good at it but route running is not one of them. Hell there were many times where he looked lost before the ball was snapped and he didnt even know what route he was running. It has also been stated that he struggles with option routes and usually goes the wrong way.
Even if half of his catches were a product of manufactured 1 yard bubbles (which isn't even close to true), he'd still have as many catches as Davante Adams. Give the man some due. He got open...a lot. So Adam Gase and Joe Philbin are terrible play callers...why is that Landry's fault?

Back
Top Bottom