Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal

If anybody thought he was going to get less I don't know what planet they're from. Good Luck to Jarvis, I wish him nothing but the best. He brought something to the fins that I haven't felt in a long time and that's swag and moxie. He did well for us we just couldn't afford him any longer and that's a mistake a front office who should have signed him earlier to long-term.

Cant blame them for something you assume.

So glad we got a 4th for him, putting the franchise tag on him was definitely the right move. It gave us tremendous leverage (don't care what anyone says) which netted us a 4th rounder, instead of just losing him for nothing in FA which most definitely would have been the case. Very well played by the FO, that's how you use the 1 piece of leverage that you have (the franchise tag) instead of just giving up an asset for nothing.

Keep your swag and moxie.

Jakeem Grant might have more TD's than Landry in 2018, at 1/30th the cost.

No ill will but I also won't be rooting for him.

Cant blame them for something you assume.
No blame just happiness for Landry, he gave his all here. Also, id you think Gase wanted him here Long term that is funny cause all signs I saw makes me believe he wasn't really wanted here. But it's managements call and i defer to them and what they know or see. In the future, signing obvious sruds has ro be.done earlier than later or else we'll keep no one for 5 years.

I agree. Move on. All the best to Jarvis. I don't think we'll ever know for sure what might have been if our FO was more proactive -- at least we could have gotten a better trade.

But that's crazy money...

Wanted the money, got the money. Wish him the best and I will miss him in a Dolphins uniform, but I'm glad we didn't give him that contract.

We got value for him, found some replacements, and saved a ton of cash.

I saw him at a Whole Foods in Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago. Wish him luck!

We gave Mike Wallace 30 in guaranteed 6 years ago. Landry is definitely worth this deal.

ditto atrdnj.........We let him walk because we didn't engage him last year. Pay Cutler 10M why don't we? What a joke! It's good that Jarvis is now laughing all the way to the bank........
Yep. Mind numbing stuff. That 10 million was one of the worst moves in Miami history given the repercussions.

We gave Mike Wallace 30 in guaranteed 6 years ago. Landry is definitely worth this deal.

using our past mistakes to quantify someone else's mistakes is not a good argument. The fact that we didn't pay Landry this much after all the stupid contracts we have given makes me have some faith for the first time

Back
Top Bottom