Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal

My argument was never that Landry couldn't get what he wanted to be paid from somebody, it was always that he couldn't get what he wanted to be paid from a well-run franchise. Cleveland is clearly a dumpster fire that simply wants to continue raging. I hope the like screens.

With Dorsey at the helm this is surprising. But CLE has to spend some of that money, and while Landry has his limitations, he will do wonders for a rookie QB. I just don't see him getting 150+ targets a year, which makes that contract absurd.

For less than half the price.....yes it's great.

I think Albert is going to have a good year for the Dolphins. Won't need to catch 100+ balls . I would take 60 catches/850 yards from him while spreading the ball around.

Browns are kind of foolish for paying 15.1/mil a year for a slot receiver. They had a lot of cap space so it may not be that big a deal for them. Don't think Landry is going to get near the amount of targets there than what he got with the Dolphins. His production is going to drop IMO.

Target adams 160 times per year and he will destroy the numbers Landry puts up. Adams is faster, a better route runner, stronger and can win jump balls. The only thing I would give Landry over Adams is his RAC ability and one-handed catches and you know what guys who's best quality is RAC are known as? Slot receivers who should be targeted 70-80 times per year. Landry is 100 percent a product of our system and it got him paid $15 million per year. If Landry puts up the same numbers in Cleveland as he did in Miami I fully expect clevelands offense to be awful just like ours has been with him getting those numbers.

Yikes. Adams a better route runner? I just...what?

Yep. Plus the difference in money between his deal and Landry's new one to invest elsewhere. Nice thinkin.
Except Miami used Wilson AND Amendola to replace him. 14 million total. Landry is making 15.1 million. Lol we saved 1.1 million.

For less than half the price.....yes it's great.
Wilson isn't replacing Landry. They signed 2 slot receivers and spent 14 million doing it when they had used a 2nd on Landry, developed him and could've just paid him an extra million to stay around. Miami is stupid. Other players take notice of this.

"Oh we have Matt Moore working his butt off but Miami spends 10 mill to get Cutler off his? Landry sets records and plays every game but Miami would rather sign 2 outsiders for the same amount? Why even bother working hard here."

Saved 1.1 mil for TWO good slot guys who likely wont lose their ****in heads on the field. I'll take it.
Amendola is half of a slot receiver because that's how many games he'll give you. Wilson is half the player of Landry. 2 halves make a whole player and that's swell by Miami's standards.

Amendola is half of a slot receiver because that's how many games he'll give you. Wilson is half the player of Landry. 2 halves make a whole player and that's swell by Miami's standards.

Mmmk fine you win. Still saved 1.1 mil I guess. ;)

Landry got the same guaranteed as Julio Jones - that is CRAZY.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
4h
Jarvis Landry’s $47M in guarantees from #Browns is significant. Mike Evans got $55M, DeAndre Hopkins got $49M on 5-year extensions. Landry’s new deal puts him right there with Julio at $47M. Then comes Dez Bryant at $45M and Demaryius Thomas at $43.5M in 2015. … Big commitment

Amendola is on what is basically a one year deal. He can be cut in 2019 with no dead cap hit. He will provide depth in 2018. Wilson is a good player and will thrive with a bigger role in Gase's offense. The amount of production difference between Landry and Wilson will not be worth double the cost and a lot more guaranteed money. An offense that targets a limited player 116 times is just not a good offense. Time to spread the ball around to players that have enough ability to make some big plays.

Back
Top Bottom