Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Pay Landry, 5 Year Deal

Landry probably would have signed for $13, but seeing it was Cleveland, it needed to be $15! LOL

I like Landry and wish he was still in Miami.
If FO really wanted Landry, they would have found a way to make it happen.

Good Luck, Juice!

Can't believe some of us are still blaming the Phins, no other team (which includes Miami and rightfully so) were willing to pay him that kind of money regardless if we signed him last year or this year, the Browns got him and he got the money he wanted, nothing more to be said. Some complain about Suh and his contract, now that we draw a line in the sand in regards to landry some of those same people complain.....just can't win.

On paper the Browns just might have a better roster than us...

giphy.gif

well good luck juice thank for 4 good yr with dolphins. if you go pay have decent qb 30 million. juice would be dumb to take pay cut in nfl. get your money. the nfl only want pay qb money. the sad part maybe 9 to 10 good qb in nfl.

Last edited:
using our past mistakes to quantify someone else's mistakes is not a good argument. The fact that we didn't pay Landry this much after all the stupid contracts we have given makes me have some faith for the first time
No, what I mean is that Wallace got 30 million in guaranteed despite only being Mike Wallace. As to where Landry set records when inflation is rocketing NFL contracts like never before so the MARKET would dictate that Landry is worth this. 16 million more than Mike Wallace for Landry is today's NFL is actually a pretty good deal for both parties.

Maybe it would help to look at other players getting deals today. Like Devante Adams is the 4th highest paid receiver in the league. And Devante Adams is...well, not nearly as good as Jarvis Landry.

We had a pretty good discussion about Jarvis Landry's absence on the latest episode of 3 Yards Per Carry. Some good points in both directions, a lot of points and factoids that we don't generally hear people talking about.

Bottom line we're a bit mixed on him leaving, but this monstrous contract makes us feel a bit less mixed, I think.

The guy was a warrior on game day and I wish him the best. I think this might be one of those rare win/ win deals where both parties are better off. Gase has his guys and Juice has his green!

On paper the Browns just might have a better roster than us...

giphy.gif
I would agree with that. They got a steady QB, they have a legit oline, they have Landry and an xfactor in Gordon if he wants to be part of things. The defense has exciting young players like Garrett and Peppers. Give them a Saquon Barkley and they could certainly compete in the impotent AFC.

No, what I mean is that Wallace got 30 million in guaranteed despite only being Mike Wallace. As to where Landry set records when inflation is rocketing NFL contracts like never before so the MARKET would dictate that Landry is worth this. 16 million more than Mike Wallace for Landry is today's NFL is actually a pretty good deal for both parties.

Maybe it would help to look at other players getting deals today. Like Devante Adams is the 4th highest paid receiver in the league. And Devante Adams is...well, not nearly as good as Jarvis Landry.

while inflation is fair, jarvis landry is nowhere near as good as devante adams. landry will put up more receptions because of his route tree but his impact on the field doesn't match Adams. Talk to packers fans about adams and you will see how much they value him. He proved last year when Rodgers went out that he was easily the best WR on that team (and that includes Nelson)

while inflation is fair, jarvis landry is nowhere near as good as devante adams. landry will put up more receptions because of his route tree but his impact on the field doesn't match Adams. Talk to packers fans about adams and you will see how much they value him. He proved last year when Rodgers went out that he was easily the best WR on that team (and that includes Nelson)
I have plenty of Packers friends. I grew up in Packer country. If you want to say Adams is good, then fine. But you cannot tell me that Adams is better than Landry. Not even a competition.

Most Packers fans I know are disgusted with the current affairs of things. Completely wasted(ing) Rodgers prime. And that includes shelling out that contract for Adams.

o_O
We gave Mike Wallace 30 in guaranteed 6 years ago. Landry is definitely worth this deal.

yes, because Mike Wallace and what we paid /got in return should be the measuring stick for WRs.

if we got Mike for $5M it would have been too much.... I feel bad for Cleveland- that $ could have been used better elsewhere. like Dolphins did.

I have plenty of Packers friends. I grew up in Packer country. If you want to say Adams is good, then fine. But you cannot tell me that Adams is better than Landry. Not even a competition.

Most Packers fans I know are disgusted with the current affairs of things. Completely wasted(ing) Rodgers prime. And that includes shelling out that contract for Adams.

Target adams 160 times per year and he will destroy the numbers Landry puts up. Adams is faster, a better route runner, stronger and can win jump balls. The only thing I would give Landry over Adams is his RAC ability and one-handed catches and you know what guys who's best quality is RAC are known as? Slot receivers who should be targeted 70-80 times per year. Landry is 100 percent a product of our system and it got him paid $15 million per year. If Landry puts up the same numbers in Cleveland as he did in Miami I fully expect clevelands offense to be awful just like ours has been with him getting those numbers.

I just cannot see him replicating the volume catches in Cleveland like he did here, with an actual go to seam threat TE, pass catching RB in Duke Johnson and their other receivers Gordon and Coleman....and throw in the fact that Taylor is passing the ball so he will not see the number of targets he did while in Miami. He should be thanking the Dolphins for overvaluing him so that someone grossly overpaid him. Good luck Landry, loved your passion and fire, you have great hands and were a great blocker.........but you're against us now, so I hope we destroy you and that we consistently win while you rue the day going to Cleveland!

Also Adams was guaranteed 18 million while Landry was guaranteed 47 million. I would take Adams and his contract every day of the week over Landry and it's not even close

Back
Top Bottom