Bryant Suspended 1 game for hitting Manu | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Suspended 1 game for hitting Manu

Of course it was a joke...

manu is a woman in a manly way.

He's still a great player though.

I don't really know anyone on this site well enough to know when they're kidding. I don't think Manu is a GD woman. I think he's great but that's just one guy's opinion

Bowen is dirty.

Are you going to try and argue against that?

I mean, you can take it to a Spurs forum and they'll all agree that he is dirty!

But I understand though. I don't like when people call James Posey dirty.

We're the model franchise in the NBA, according to the likes of Bill Walton, Mike Tirico, Marv Albert, all them guys. But on FH, of course, since we aren't the Heat, we're scumbags.

Oh well

I honestly have nothing but respect for guys like Duncan, Finley, Horry, and a few other Spurs players. Of course, Pop as well. I'm not a fan of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, but where did I once say anything about the Heat & Spurs? I didn't. I actually have as much respect for the Spurs as any franchise in sports, PERIOD.

However, model franchise? No thanks. Neither is Miami.

I like to look at the LA Lakers, winners of 14 titles. What about the Celtics who have 15-16? Just because the Spurs have 3 titles, all in the last 8-years, doesn't mean that they're the "model franchise" - that's just an absurd statement. If you wonna base that on recent history (winning your first title in 1999.........is recent history), then Miami is the model franchise right now. San Antonio was the previous year. Detroit the year before then.

Honestly speaking, if I was a brand new owner and I wanted to take a look at a team's history as a "model franchise" - I'd look at the Lakers, Celtics, and of course the Bulls dynasty. Boston may be down in the dumps right now, but there comes a time for every time where they face such a challenge of rebuilding.

It looked from the replay I saw that Kobe was trying to draw a foul....he not only swung his arm sideways at Manu after releasing the jumper, but he also twisted his feet to draw contact the way World B. Free and Reggie Miller use to do it back in the day. I don't think Manu was seriously hurt, but a one game suspension seems fair.

I mean, you can take it to a Spurs forum and they'll all agree that he is dirty!

I honestly have nothing but respect for guys like Duncan, Finley, Horry, and a few other Spurs players. Of course, Pop as well. I'm not a fan of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, but where did I once say anything about the Heat & Spurs? I didn't. I actually have as much respect for the Spurs as any franchise in sports, PERIOD.

I like to look at the LA Lakers, winners of 14 titles. What about the Celtics who have 15-16? Just because the Spurs have 3 titles, all in the last 8-years, doesn't mean that they're the "model franchise" - that's just an absurd statement. If you wonna base that on recent history (winning your first title in 1999.........is recent history), then Miami is the model franchise right now. San Antonio was the previous year. Detroit the year before then.

Honestly speaking, if I was a brand new owner and I wanted to take a look at a team's history as a "model franchise" - I'd look at the Lakers, Celtics, and of course the Bulls dynasty. Boston may be down in the dumps right now, but there comes a time for every time where they face such a challenge of rebuilding.

When I said model franchise I wasn't thinking about winning percentage or history of championships. The front office, how the Spurs conduct themselves, how they're all business and no flash. Why do people call them the Patriots of the NBA? It isn't just my opinion.

And no, I talk on SpursTalk as well and not all of them will say Bowen is dirty. But you know, if he's dirty, he's dirty. I don't really care either way. I'd rather have a SF who can ball but we're stuck with him right now.

It looked from the replay I saw that Kobe was trying to draw a foul....he not only swung his arm sideways at Manu after releasing the jumper, but he also twisted his feet to draw contact the way World B. Free and Reggie Miller use to do it back in the day. I don't think Manu was seriously hurt, but a one game suspension seems fair.

Wasn't seriously hurt. Had a black eye, but that's it

Like I was saying earlier,I dont consider Bowen to be a dirty player.To me a dirty player is someone who goes out and is intentionally trying to hurt someone.More than anything I think Bowen is trying to get into a players head.He doesnt really seem like that kind of person to me.If you go on Spurstalk,youll find some Spurs fans that feel hes dirty,but most are glad to have him on the team.He hasnt been "dirty" so to speak especially after he got that call from Stu Jackson telling him to watch it.A game in which Isaih Thomas was telling his players to "break his neck".

Also all those teams you mentioned would be considered model franchises.IMO the Spurs are a model franchise of todays present NBA.I think every owner agrees with that.Most teams of today would like to model their team like the Spurs have.The 3 titles in 8 years dont hurt either.

Like I was saying earlier,I dont consider Bowen to be a dirty player.To me a dirty player is someone who goes out and is intentionally trying to hurt someone.More than anything I think Bowen is trying to get into a players head.He doesnt really seem like that kind of person to me.If you go on Spurstalk,youll find some Spurs fans that feel hes dirty,but most are glad to have him on the team.He hasnt been "dirty" so to speak especially after he got that call from Stu Jackson telling him to watch it.A game in which Isaih Thomas was telling his players to "break his neck".

Also all those teams you mentioned would be considered model franchises.IMO the Spurs are a model franchise of todays present NBA.I think every owner agrees with that.Most teams of today would like to model their team like the Spurs have.The 3 titles in 8 years dont hurt either.

Funny how you and I are the only ones who agree. I wonder why that is? :lol:

Where the hell is InFlames anyway?

Spurz...I don't think you want to use the term "The Patriots of the NBA" to demonstrate how much class you guys have.

The lipstick came off that pig.

Spurz...I don't think you want to use the term "The Patriots of the NBA" to demonstrate how much class you guys have.

The lipstick came off that pig.

The term has been used loosely by some Heat fans in here.Personally I hate that term with a passion,but to each his own.

Wasn't seriously hurt. Had a black eye, but that's it

You call a black eye being seriously hurt? Damn, back when I played it was "no harm no foul"....unless you walked off with something broke you just played through it.

You call a black eye being seriously hurt? Damn, back when I played it was "no harm no foul"....unless you walked off with something broke you just played through it.

Look at what I said. I said he wasnt seriously hurt all he had was a black eye. What does streetball or high school b-ball have anything to do with the NBA? If there's blood anyone on the court, you have to sit out until it's gone in the NBA. This isnt Streetball Volume 1

Back
Top Bottom