Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Albert Romano, Aug 13, 2019.

1. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

This is where I’m at. We better be able to scheme some sort of pass rush and coach up those rookie guards ASAP. Otherwise how is Flores any better than Gase.

Ray R likes this.
  2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

There’s no way he should go # 1. I can see 7 to 12 maybe even 5 depending on what QBs go in front of him and demand but # 1 hell no

3. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

I agree with you. I don't think an audit of when he was named GM and the moves named since then would go well.

In fact i think the only reason he still has his job is because he sided with Ross last season that we needed to find a QB.

4. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

For me he’s a hell no in the top 10 and maybe even top 20. Although, I guess it really depends on how much he develops this season.

hoops likes this.
  5. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

That had the whole crowd laughing....it was Ford...and the coach said “if you can’t catch the ball...your not going to F’ing play!

Albert Romano and VBCheeseGrater like this.
  6. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Might just come down to fit as in fits your scheme. Physical tools wise that doesn’t sniff top 5.

AZStryker likes this.
  7. AdamC13

AdamC13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

This Ryan Tannehill fantasy world you live in is rather bizarre trying to rewrite history with untruths.

The Wentz led Eagles in 2017 beat the 11-5 Rams on the road, 11-5 Panthers on the road, the 9-7 Chargers on the road, the 9-7 Cowboys at home and the 8-8 Cardinals at home and led them to an 11-2 overall record.

The Tannehill led Dolphins in 2016 only beat one team with a non-losing record, the Steelers at home and that was due to picking off Roethlesberger twice setting up 10 points and Ajayi rushing for 204 yards and 2 TDs. Tannehill was efficient that game as the run set up the pass, yet RT didn't throw a TD in that game. Literally that was the only quality win the Dolphins had with Tannehill at QB.

The other Dolphin wins when RT started were beating the 1-15 Browns in OT, 2-14 49ers, 4-12 Rams, 5-11 Chargers, 5-11 Jets, 7-9 Bills (Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD), and the 7-8-1 Cards (Matt Moore GWD after Tannehill hurt knee in 3rd)...in the 7 wins against losing teams Miami didn't beat a single team by more than 7 points with Tannehill under center. The 21 point win against the Jets was with Moore under center.

The Eagles scored 404 points in the 13 games Wentz started in 2017 = 31.1 PPG; 11-2 record (5-2 against non-losing teams; 6-0 against losing teams)
    The Dolphins scored 281 points in the 13 games RT started in 2016 = 21.62 PPG; 8-5 record (1-4 against non-losing teams; 6-1 against losing teams)

And I'm not saying Wentz is a superstar. But he clearly is better than Tannehill.

Furthermore; Matt Moore completely outperformed Tannehill in 2016 in relief...Tannehill's supposed best year :)

Tannehill 2016: 67.1% completion, 7.7 YPA, 11.3 YPC, 4.9% TD passes, 3.1% int, 6.9% sacked, 93.5 QB rating, 49.4 QBR...Dolphins 21.62 PPG
    M Moore 2016: 63.2% completion, 8.3 YPA, 13.1 YPC, 9.2% TD passes, 3.4% int, 1.1% sacked, 105.6 QB rating, 77.8 QBR...Dolphins 27.33 PPG

As far as against Wilson, Miami and Seattle went 1-1. I do remember Miami's win at home in 2012 in which RT caught a break down 21-7, ball at Seattle 7, 4th Qtr, under 9 minutes to go and RT through an interception in the end zone that would have for all purposes ended the game for a Seahawk win, but the refs called a roughing the passer after Tannehill let go of the intercepted pass as a defender gave Tannehill a love tap to his helmet. In RT's defense he played well after that and great comeback win for Miami at home.

As far as outplaying Wilson both games here is the combined passing for both games:

Wilson: 48-70, 482 yards, 3 TD, 1 int, 96.25 QB rating
    Tanne: 34-55, 439 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 85.34 QB rating

Truly, the love addiction I've seen in your posts toward Tannehill over the years results in pure fantasy by living in a world of what wasn't. Definitely the smart play by Flores seeing the error by Miami in handing RT the keys to the franchise for 7 years and past time to move in a new direction at QB.

Viggen, djphinfan and Coolguy3 like this.
  8. Coolguy3

Coolguy3 Starter Finheaven VIP

AdamC13, remind me to never argue with you.

djphinfan and Ray R like this.
  9. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Dude football isn’t a game where stats matter, if they did Marino would have a SB ring. RT beat Seattle the first time when they had a much better team, I don’t even need to watch the replay to know who played better because it had to be RT just logically. The second time was in Seattle, where again the Seahawks had a better team and not only did Stills drop that critical pass, but RW threw a bad pick in that game and RT played clean. Seattle still barely won at home where they are much tougher, thanks Kenny (stats lol).

I’m regards to Wentz the reality is they piled on the points and stats against some horrible teams that year (with a loaded offense), and the defenses they played were extremely weak. Against Carolina Wentz was gifted 2 picks inside the CAR 20 (stats lol), and Cam still had 2 chances that he blew to take that game in the last 3 minutes because Wentz gave him the ball back after Cams awful pick #3 (at least?). The only really tough defense they played that season was Seattle who kicked their a** as I anticipated before the game even started because they had such a soft schedule up to that point, naturally losing to KC too because they weren’t a push over like most on their schedule that season.

It’s also funny how u give Wentz full credit for beating STL when Foles had to come in and finish the game, but yet when RT got hurt u gotta bring up Matt Moore and his “GWD” which is exactly what Foles did vs STL. Just shows how biased u are with your hate against RT, not that is matters anymore but its just funny to me.

I’m not trying to argue RT is better than Wentz or RW, just pointing out how RT outplayed RW in both head to heads and Wentz got overhyped while playing a soft schedule, particularly defensively but no one ever brings that up, it’s only brought up with RT. RT wasn’t a great QB for Miami but he wasn’t as horrible as people like you believe either. He was simply decent with a terrible supporting cast, but just like with Daniel Jones people don’t care about things like the other 21 players on the field or even coaching for that matter, they just look at QB stats like u do and think that tells the whole story. If stats were all that mattered in football, Phillip would go into the hall instead of Eli because he has much better stats, but that ain’t happening...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Ray R and Spiff like this.
  10. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Well-Known Member

not just on THIS site.

11. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Well-Known Member

"That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league. He's not just going to stand there and be a tackling dummy for a piss poor offensive line".

No, he will just melt down, throw a few awful int's and miss the broad side of a barn completion like a big dummy. I wonder why he is still in the league.

12. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Didn't Ross insist that Tannehill was our QB of the future when he hired Gase?

laxcoach and TannDaMan17 like this.
  13. Kamelion4291

Kamelion4291 Well-Known Member

Waiting for a guy to reach his real potential when he hasn't really flashed to begin with is what got us 7 years of Tannehill instead of 3. Four years wasted because of this dangerous line of logic.

I'm not saying dump the guy based on what he's done in the offseason and just a single preseason game, but let's at least acknowledge that he hasn't been good thus far and leave it at that. There's no need to start compiling a laundry list of excuses for him.

14. Kamelion4291

Kamelion4291 Well-Known Member

Wait, you think Eli Manning is good at football?

15. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I feel like this is the only thing that makes sense. It would be some real douchery to mess with Tunsil's position now. Asking the new guy, Williams, to try a new position is kind of a dick move too... but it would be best for us. and what hoops said makes sense too, maybe if we pay him through the roof.... as a RT. But then we have LT to worry about it resigning