Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

If someone could guarantee that a QB drafted at 11 would be better than Tannehill, then sure, take him.
you know there's no guarantees when it comes to the draft. Not only at QB but at all other positions too. I'm a Tannehill fan and have always rooted for him but I'm ok with drafting a QB at 11. However, I don't want to move up for one.

you know there's no guarantees when it comes to the draft. Not only at QB but at all other positions too. I'm a Tannehill fan and have always rooted for him but I'm ok with drafting a QB at 11. However, I don't want to move up for one.
Exactly, so it comes down to playing the percentages. Which player will upgrade your team the most over the next 4 - 5 years? That’s the what the team must predict.

Unfortunately, Tannehill has ended the last 2 seasons on IR, whether he can lead this team to a championship is irrelevant... its time to draft a QB.

If someone could guarantee that a QB drafted at 11 would be better than Tannehill, then sure, take him.
Well, that's kinda a silly comment. Of course they can't guarantee anything. But if you're talking about playing the percentages, as you do in your next post, then, if there's a QB there who they rate, they should take him. They have to back themselves, and their evaluation skills.

Well, that's kinda a silly comment. Of course they can't guarantee anything. But if you're talking about playing the percentages, as you do in your next post, then, if there's a QB there who they rate, they should take him. They have to back themselves, and their evaluation skills.

I wrote it that way because the people advocating drafting a QB "because you need an elite QB" don't like to mention that the odds are not good that any of those guys will be better than Tannehill.

Unfortunately, Tannehill has ended the last 2 seasons on IR, whether he can lead this team to a championship is irrelevant... its time to draft a QB.

watch

This is EXACTLY the narrative that I rail against. Wonderful way to position that phrase.

Here’s the alternative...that is also true.

Ryan Tannehill has his knee injured in November of 2016. His ACL was sprained. It did not fully tear. He tried to rehab it without surgery. He did thus on advisement from many sources, including the most respected athletic arthroscopic surgeon on the planet, Dr. James Andrews. He was told that the knee should hold. Again, he was working on a sprained/partially torn ACL.

Everyone, including Dr. James Andrews, was wrong. He aggravated the knee sprain in training camp of 2017.

Again, this is the SAME INJURY. Despite what some would like you to believe, this was not a separate knee injury. It’s simply the same ligament that never fully tore in the first place...acting up again.

Now. Here’s a cool tidbit that you may or may not know:

Ryan Tannehill’s ACL never completely tore.

That’s right. Never did. There was never the severity of injury that happened to many other QBs. He and the Fins finally decided to go under the knife in August of 2017, because it was clear the sprained knee was not stable enough to be effective.

But this “two injury”, or “injury prone”, or “fragile” bull**** that people are now conjuring up?

It’s exactly that. It’s bull****.

Russell Wilson, in four seasons under the rookie deal, did not have a losing season. All were 10 and over wins seasons. Ryan Tannehill did not record a single winning season in first four years of rookie deal. He was a bust with a record of 29-35. Stafford is another one, 17-28. There are guys like that who get propped by the system to remain a starter. But They should be on the bench or out. Tannehill will never be greater than Russell. Russ performed on contract every year at high level. Tannehill did not.

The argument for Ryan Tannehill is a system argument. Trust the process and the system! Ryan did not have the right process and the system to have success, and now he does with Gase. The evidence is the partial season’s 7-1 record.

Following that argument, Ryan is completely insulated from fault. He is destined for the Dolphins’ Ring of Honor no matter what, because system is at fault for the bad results, and Ryan is praised for great results. Ryan, no matter what, until the system says when however, because they are all worried about their jobs. And the system is Gase, who is looking at quarterbacks in this draft’s first round.

He is looking for his system fits, not for greatness. There can only be one greatness in the building, the system. Trust the process!
So a better question is wherher we trust the system to revive a bust QB, or whether we trust him more to draft a QB who can win.
My answer is no. I don’t trust him to do either. I do not trust the system in that building.

Russell Wilson, in four seasons under the rookie deal, did not have a losing season. All were 10 and over wins seasons. Ryan Tannehill did not record a single winning season in first four years of rookie deal. He was a bust with a record of 29-35. Stafford is another one, 17-28. There are guys like that who get propped by the system to remain a starter. But They should be on the bench or out. Tannehill will never be greater than Russell. Russ performed on contract every year at high level. Tannehill did not.

The argument for Ryan Tannehill is a system argument. Trust the process and the system! Ryan did not have the right process and the system to have success, and now he does with Gase. The evidence is the partial season’s 7-1 record.

Following that argument, Ryan is completely insulated from fault. He is destined for the Dolphins’ Ring of Honor no matter what, because system is at fault for the bad results, and Ryan is praised for great results. Ryan, no matter what, until the system says when however, because they are all worried about their jobs. And the system is Gase, who is looking at quarterbacks in this draft’s first round.

He is looking for his system fits, not for greatness. There can only be one greatness in the building, the system. Trust the process!
So a better question is wherher we trust the system to revive a bust QB, or whether we trust him more to draft a QB who can win.
My answer is no. I don’t trust him to do either. I do not trust the system in that building.

I wonder if you can help me understand which games I was watching over those first 4 years of Wilsons career. The games I watched had 45 other players involved in every one of those games. Which NFL league plays only QBs? I would love to watch one of those games.

A perfect example of low football iq. Wilson had stacked teams that relied on defense and lynch. Tannehill has absolutely nothing, horrible coaching and playcalling. The true transcendent talents are limited to HOF type players. Dan Marino was the system. Aaron Rodgers is the system. Peyton Manning was the system. John Elway was the system. Those once in a generation talents would have been HOFers anywhere. Wilson would be just as bad in Miami. Tom Brady wouldn’t be Brady had he been drafted by us. Our problems have been more than quarterback. Period.

A perfect example of low football iq. Wilson had stacked teams that relied on defense and lynch. Tannehill has absolutely nothing, horrible coaching and playcalling. The true transcendent talents are limited to HOF type players. Dan Marino was the system. Aaron Rodgers is the system. Peyton Manning was the system. John Elway was the system. Those once in a generation talents would have been HOFers anywhere. Wilson would be just as bad in Miami. Tom Brady wouldn’t be Brady had he been drafted by us. Our problems have been more than quarterback. Period.

Some people would say the people that say Elway was the system rather than a product of a system are low football IQ. So at the end of the say its just your opinion vs somebody else's opinion.

Not to be a tool...but I'm pretty sure that any Miami fan should NOT be arguing AGAINST "Trust The Process" right now.

Also...outside of MAYBE Satan, I cannot think of a less trustworthy source of information about "what Ryan Tannehill is looking for" than you. Every post you make is anti-Tannehill...and I would urge anyone to who reads your posts to view anything you say through the lens of hatred that clouds your agenda.

watch

This is EXACTLY the narrative that I rail against. Wonderful way to position that phrase.

Here’s the alternative...that is also true.

Ryan Tannehill has his knee injured in November of 2016. His ACL was sprained. It did not fully tear. He tried to rehab it without surgery. He did thus on advisement from many sources, including the most respected athletic arthroscopic surgeon on the planet, Dr. James Andrews. He was told that the knee should hold. Again, he was working on a sprained/partially torn ACL.

Everyone, including Dr. James Andrews, was wrong. He aggravated the knee sprain in training camp of 2017.

Again, this is the SAME INJURY. Despite what some would like you to believe, this was not a separate knee injury. It’s simply the same ligament that never fully tore in the first place...acting up again.

Now. Here’s a cool tidbit that you may or may not know:

Ryan Tannehill’s ACL never completely tore.

That’s right. Never did. There was never the severity of injury that happened to many other QBs. He and the Fins finally decided to go under the knife in August of 2017, because it was clear the sprained knee was not stable enough to be effective.

But this “two injury”, or “injury prone”, or “fragile” bull**** that people are now conjuring up?

It’s exactly that. It’s bull****.

I'm not typically one to defend Tannehill but this is 100% correct. Personally, I've never thought of his injury as two separate injuries; I always thought that what happened in training camp last year was an extension of the same injury.

I'm not typically one to defend Tannehill but this is 100% correct. Personally, I've never thought of his injury as two separate injuries; I always thought that what happened in training camp last year was an extension of the same injury.

And Mel kipper pushing this on ESPN and mocking mayfield to us....and josh Allen number one when the dude can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Low. Football. Iq.

Back
Top Bottom