Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

Any QB drafted to take over would have to come in the first round. IMO, that would be a mistake.
Even if one fell to them at 11? I don't watch college ball, so I don't know much about the qbs there, bar what I read. If they have conviction on one in the later rounds, they should pull the trigger. Course, that would be more of a backup / project qb, rather than one to take over. I just pray they draft a qb at some point,.

Don't use logic about bad supporting players that affect the qb...that's going to hurt the low football IQ RT17 haters feelings because every random rookie QB in this draft slated to be over drafted in the top ten would immediately be better with the same garbage lines and WRs.

Our best WR has been Kenny Stills (he's a 2 or 3 on every other team) since RT17 has been here. Landry and his drag routes and screens were overrated, Parker is soft and stupid, Grant is 5'nothing with no hands, Devon Bess wasn't a true NFL talent and chest catcher Hartline wasn't either.

The offensive lines have been absolute garbage. while improved the last two seasons (still not good) they have been wildly inconsistent and injured. Fat albert was a true NFL top 15 LT but was always hurt or playing hurt. Bad pick up by a stupid GM.. Tunsil is still young and has our highest ceiling but struggled last year next to garbage at LG. Pouncey has been oft injured, over drafted garbage since day one. Juwan James has been soft, inconsistent and routinely gets smoked across his face in 3rd and medium plus. Jonathan Martin chased off our best linemen of the RT17 tenure. You win football from the ball out. A quarterback can't throw from his back and young QBs have their growth stunted playing behind bad lines with bad coaches. Do you people really like David Carr was that bad?

Do I need to even mention the total lack of an NFL level TE? Charles Clay was the best one and his career died in Buf with more bad coaching and horrible quarterback play.

Show me any quarterback that can carry teams as bad as the dolphins, bottom five o-lines and no WRS.

There's hope. We've upgraded at LG and C which might help LT. RT can be semi consistent and RG is a question mark (draft nelson and it's not). Throw in a decent TE, Parker not being totally useless and a WR by committee between Wilson, amendola and Stills and maybe we make a playoff run. The defense is getting several guys back but we could also be filling a couple of those holes at 11. Over drafting one of these QBs when you have RT17 on the roster with this many holes is ridiculous.

Wilson was still playing like a MVP last year on a terrible team around him. No RB, no WRs, and O line was one of the worst. And Seahawks were still in the playoff picture towards the end of the season.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't had a good team around him since his superbowl but he continually makes the playoffs when healthy all year.

The one year Manning doesnt play in Indy, the team goes from playoff and superbowl contenders to 1-15. Enough said on that.

Broncos sign Manning and he goes off and makes Elway look like Genius.

Before last season the saints team wasn't very good but Drew Brees was still carrying that team and still playing out of his mind on a all pro level.

Hell, you can throw in Jimmy G in as an example last season too, the difference a QB can make on a "bad team".

Who was Kirk cousins #1 WR last year? And their lead back? He was still able to play at a high level.

Even if one fell to them at 11? I don't watch college ball, so I don't know much about the qbs there, bar what I read. If they have conviction on one in the later rounds, they should pull the trigger. Course, that would be more of a backup / project qb, rather than one to take over. I just pray they draft a qb at some point,.

Even at 11. When was the last time there were 4 QBs and no consensus about who was the best one? IMO, that means there is significant uncertainty over each one and since (IMO) Miami already has a QB that has proven can play at a high level, you build the team. I'm fine with drafting a QB in the later rounds.

Wilson was still playing like a MVP last year on a terrible team around him. No RB, no WRs, and O line was one of the worst. And Seahawks were still in the playoff picture towards the end of the season.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't had a good team around him since his superbowl but he continually makes the playoffs when healthy all year.

The one year Manning doesnt play in Indy, the team goes from playoff and superbowl contenders to 1-15. Enough said on that.

Before last season the saints team wasn't very good but Drew Brees was still carrying that team and still playing out of his mind on a all pro level.

Hell, you can throw in Jimmy G in as an example last season too, the difference a QB can make on a "bad team".

Who was Kirk cousins #1 WR last year? And their lead back? He was still able to play at a high level.

Your post is the kind of hypocrisy that drives up the rhetoric. Kirk Cousins last season? That is one of your examples? The Skins were 7-9. Cousins had remarkably similar stats as Tannehill in 2014. For Tannehill, it is a reason to move on. For Cousins it is a reason to praise the QB. Can you not see the double standard?

BTW, two solid years by Cousins with a very good OL in 2015 and 2016. 26 and 23 sacks in those seasons. Last season, with injuries, the sack total jumped to 41. A relatively average year for Tannehill. I'd love to see what Tannehill does with sacked only 25 times in a season. Oh, wait, we got a preview of that in 2016. 12 sacks in the 8 game stretch. Project to 16 games and you get 24 sacks and 14-2 record, over 100 QB rating.

Last edited:
Your post is the kind of hypocrisy that drives up the rhetoric. Kirk Cousins last season? That is one of your examples? The Skins were 7-9. Cousins had remarkably similar stats as Tannehill in 2014. For Tannehill, it is a reason to move on. For Cousins it is a reason to praise the QB. Can you not see the double standard?

BTW, two solid years by Cousins with a very good OL in 2015 and 2016. 26 and 23 sacks in those seasons. Last season, with injuries, the sack total jumped to 41. A relatively average year for Tannehill. I'd love to see what Tannehill does with sacked only 25 times in a season. Oh, wait, we got a preview of that in 2016. 12 sacks in the 8 game stretch. Project to 16 games and you get 24 sacks and 14-2 record, over 100 QB rating.

Thank you for agreeing that cousins worst season was tannehills best and guess what the Redskins decided to move from cousins. And cousins had even less starts than Tannehill.

even if you disagree with the kirk cousin, the rest still hold true. Your whole argument revolves around 8 total games in 2016 vs his entire career. Oh wait, you blame others around him for his lack of success outside of 2016.

Tannehill isn't bad, he just isn't good enough. If Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Pouncey and others are replaceable then so is Tannehill.

Last edited:
Ok even if you disagree with the kirk cousin, the rest still hold true. Your whole argument revolves around 8 total games in 2016 vs his entire career. Oh wait, you blame others around him for his lack of success outside of 2016.

Tannehill isn't bad, he just isn't good enough. If Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Pouncey and others are replaceable then so is Tannehill.

Wilson was not at a MVP level ever in his career. Manning won the SB in Denver after the defense got great (while playing terrible due to age and injury). Jimmy G may turn out to be a great QB but the change last season in SF was more about who he replaced than how good he was. Finally, your other examples are all HOF type QBs.

Is your argument against Tannehill really that we should get a HOF QB instead? Really? Sign me up but don't ****ing be wrong.

Wilson was not at a MVP level ever in his career. Manning won the SB in Denver after the defense got great (while playing terrible due to age and injury). Jimmy G may turn out to be a great QB but the change last season in SF was more about who he replaced than how good he was. Finally, your other examples are all HOF type QBs.

Is your argument against Tannehill really that we should get a HOF QB instead? Really? Sign me up but don't ****ing be wrong.

I'll just leave this right here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000889651/article/russell-wilson-deserves-mvp-keenan-allen-deserves-spotlight?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dscouts-notebook&p.ct=Scout's+Notebook&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23666&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

This just shows you are out of the loop with the rest of the NFL. Wow

Plenty of other articles you can look up about wilson as MVP candidate just last year.

Last edited:

I disagree and apparently so did the majority of the MVP voters, so there is that..... and I'm out of the loop? LOL

Ironically, Seattle went 1-3 after the article was published and missed the playoffs. In their win, Wilson had 93 yards passing. Good job Bucky. He is no better at analysis than he was at playing.

One of the common knocks on Tannehill is that he is inconsistent. Last season Wilson's passer rating varied from 69 to 123. He had 8 games with a passer rating below 87. You'd be ripping Tannehill for that.

That’s exactly what it is. Btw, Russell Wilson had four interceptions in the championship game against Aaron Rodgers, yet his defense kept them in the game. Can anyone imagine Tannehill throwing four interceptions with our defense keeping us in the game against Geno Smith or Tyrod Taylor? And they did it against Aaron Rodgers.

If Wilson wasn’t playing at an MVP level he wouldn’t even be considered for the award.

Bringing RW Down a level or two desn’t make Ryan Tannehill any better.

If Wilson wasn’t playing at an MVP level he wouldn’t even be considered for the award.

Bringing RW Down a level or two desn’t make Ryan Tannehill any better.

No, but raising him up a level or two is an attempt to hide the hypocrisy.

He got zero votes for MVP.

Last edited:
Even at 11. When was the last time there were 4 QBs and no consensus about who was the best one? IMO, that means there is significant uncertainty over each one and since (IMO) Miami already has a QB that has proven can play at a high level, you build the team. I'm fine with drafting a QB in the later rounds.
Ah yeah, you're probably right on the draft thing , and you definitely know more than I do about individual players. I guess my thinking would be, if one falls who the "brain" trust believe has all the tools, they should pull the trigger in that spot.

If I'm honest though, I think I'd rather a beastly LB, personally. So tired of seeing JAGs back there.

Manning, brees and Rodgers are top 5 all time talents. Manning on the colts still struggled to win playoff games.

Tannehill finished 7-1 w a roster that was total trash with a different qb. Probably would have won the first round playoff game too. So thanks for making my point

Ah yeah, you're probably right on the draft thing , and you definitely know more than I do about individual players. I guess my thinking would be, if one falls who the "brain" trust believe has all the tools, they should pull the trigger in that spot.

If I'm honest though, I think I'd rather a beastly LB, personally. So tired of seeing JAGs back there.

If someone could guarantee that a QB drafted at 11 would be better than Tannehill, then sure, take him.

Back
Top Bottom