Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

25th in the league in yards per rush before Wilson. Top running game after Wilson arrives and adds his 500 plus rushing yards and 30 plus rushing first downs. Actually Wilson hitting those deep throws (7 TD's) opened it up so Lynch could average 5 yard per carry for his only time in his career.

And what did Lynch average per carry in 2013? 4.2 YPC......... WHAT????? How could that possibly happen?

Well that's on you then because I have stated he isn't many many times. Since you're tracking my posts about Tannehill, I'm sure you must have seen them.

For your reading pleasure:

I can honestly say that nobody on this site, even his most rabid supporters, has ever called Tannehill elite. Ever. All of the arguments about Tannehill come down to arguments over whether his is was a top 10 - 15 QB last season and whether he projects into a solid top 5 - 10 QB in the future.

For what seems like the 1 millionth time. I see Tannehill as a solid QB in the 10 - 15 range, possibly even a bit lower since there are (IMO) so many QBs just outside the top 8 or 9.

IMO the % that think Tannehill has been elite is 0%.

More like:

0% elite
15% very good with room for growth
40% decent with room for growth
30% decent but maxed out
10% below average
5% terrible

Then it should be easy to find posts by people claiming he is elite, right? I'll hang up and wait.....

I think there is a big difference between elite and good. There is plenty of room between the two to distinguish between various QBs. I think there is an elite group of about 4 or 5, then a group of 10 to 12, then another group that are still good QBs.... I put Tannehill in the middle of the 2nd group but wouldn't bother to argue over 5 - 7 spots in the rankings because it is just opinion. I put Cutler near the top of the third group. Is that difference more significant than OL play? defense? skill players? That is the billion $ question.

The Tannehill has has shown up when the OL is healthy and the offense has gelled has been very, very good. The Tannehill that has shown up when the OL is a mess and everything is out of sync has still been no worse than average.

Here we are again for the 15th year in a row wondering about most of the OL. C, RG, LG, and RT are in question due to injuries or age. LT is question because of experience. It is an absolute joke that this organization cannot fix the OL.

I cannot recall a single poster calling Tannehill elite (which I assume is what you mean). I am one of his biggest fans and I regularly rank him in the 10 - 15 range with an acknowledgement that even up to 17 or 18 there isn't enough difference in the QBs to argue about.

My big arguments with the "find another QB crowd" is that Tannehill isn't near the highest priority on a team with lots of needs, Tannehill is good enough to win with, and the idea that you should keep searching for a new QB if you don't have an elite QB isn't realistic and is not how the NFL works, especially if you are not already a stacked team.

I'm sure I could find more.....

Why is this always the strawman argument brought up? It is ****ING BULLSHIT. I challenge you to find ONE POST where I said Tannehill was elite. Quite the opposite is true.
You know, I got this perception too if I'm perfectly honest. And maybe you're right, maybe if I was to look back, I wouldn't find one post. But you know what it is? You seem to comment on EVERY SINGLE post that is negative about Tannehill .. and the way you do it sometimes, it genuinely seems like you completely disregard the other person's point of view / opinion. The way you write ... sometimes it comes off in an "Jeeze, I can't believe what I'm reading here" kind of way.

I'm sure this isn't the way you are, and apologies if you take this badly. But it's just a perception I have of you personally from your posting history .. and I'm guessing I'm not alone. It just seems I only encounter your posts when they're about Tannehill.

You know, I got this perception too if I'm perfectly honest. And maybe you're right, maybe if I was to look back, I wouldn't find one post. But you know what it is? You seem to comment on EVERY SINGLE post that is negative about Tannehill .. and the way you do it sometimes, it genuinely seems like you completely disregard the other person's point of view / opinion. The way you write ... sometimes it comes off in an "Jeeze, I can't believe what I'm reading here" kind of way.

I'm sure this isn't the way you are, and apologies if you take this badly. But it's just a perception I have of you personally from your posting history .. and I'm guessing I'm not alone. It just seems I only encounter your posts when they're about Tannehill.

So how does arguing (however vehemently) that Tannehill is a good to very good QB is a terrible situation make it seem like I think he is elite. You mentioned my posting history. Do I give you the impression that if I thought Tannehill was elite, I'd be shy about just saying it?

Sometime my reaction is "Jeez, I can't believe what I am reading here".

I post quite often about the terrible OL. Of course, that's just referred to as excuses for Tannehill. Never once has anyone accused me of making excuses for our running backs. Weird. I post a lot of stats about other QBs and QB play in general. I post links to other articles that back up my opinion. I post sample plays that illustrate a point.

BTW, I don't comment on every single negative Tannehill post. In fact, I stay out of whole threads that are obviously started as flame wars. But, once engaged in a thread, I will not allow nonsense (IMO) posts to go unchallenged. I will not allow factually inaccurate posts to go unchallenged. Sorry.

So how does arguing (however vehemently) that Tannehill is a good to very good QB is a terrible situation make it seem like I think he is elite. You mentioned my posting history. Do I give you the impression that if I thought Tannehill was elite, I'd be shy about just saying it?

Sometime my reaction is "Jeez, I can't believe what I am reading here".

I post quite often about the terrible OL. Of course, that's just referred to as excuses for Tannehill. Never once has anyone accused me of making excuses for our running backs. Weird. I post a lot of stats about other QBs and QB play in general. I post links to other articles that back up my opinion. I post sample plays that illustrate a point.

BTW, I don't comment on every single negative Tannehill post. In fact, I stay out of whole threads that are obviously started as flame wars. But, once engaged in a thread, I will not allow nonsense (IMO) posts to go unchallenged. I will not allow factually inaccurate posts to go unchallenged. Sorry.
Yup, that's all fair enough, and it's your prerogative.

And obviously I know you don't literally reply to EVERY negative post about him ... but it feels like that, to be honest. I'm just giving you an answer to your question, as to why this stuff keeps coming up. Nope, I don't necessarily believe you think he's elite, nor have ever said it.

But when you read so many posts .. over and over ... and over again, about the same thing, from the same poster, I'm sorry, but the message just loses its edge and becomes annoying. Just my personal opinion, and just explaining why I think it might be that the "myth" you asked about keeps coming up.

There's a lot of animosity built up on both sides over the years.

25th in the league in yards per rush before Wilson. Top running game after Wilson arrives and adds his 500 plus rushing yards and 30 plus rushing first downs. Actually Wilson hitting those deep throws (7 TD's) opened it up so Lynch could average 5 yard per carry for his only time in his career.

because no other players came and went between that "before and after with Wilson" thing....

I know, I know, with I see a puddle, I should expect rain.

Dolphins can surely draft a qb for future development, and i hope they do.

But barring an incapable knee, RT will continue to be this team's QB for many years. He's that good- iwnership knows it, coaches know it, players know it, and most of the fans know it.

But at least we get some comic relief from those that don't, or won't admit.

I get comic relief from Bengal fans claiming Dalton would be a SB champion on a different team.

Yup, that's all fair enough, and it's your prerogative.

And obviously I know you don't literally reply to EVERY negative post about him ... but it feels like that, to be honest. I'm just giving you an answer to your question, as to why this stuff keeps coming up. Nope, I don't necessarily believe you think he's elite, nor have ever said it.

But when you read so many posts .. over and over ... and over again, about the same thing, from the same poster, I'm sorry, but the message just loses its edge and becomes annoying. Just my personal opinion, and just explaining why I think it might be that the "myth" you asked about keeps coming up.

Honest question. Am I talking to myself when I post "over and over ... and over again, about the same thing" or am I responding to posts that are "over and over ... and over again, about the same thing"?

Don't you think it is frustrating to refute opinions with facts over and over ... and over again, only to have them reappear in other posts, often by the same posters who dropped the arguments when fact were introduced?

There's a lot of animosity built up on both sides over the years.

What pisses me off the most is that the "other side" began the "Tannehill is not good enough" talk when he was playing behind historically bad OLs and an absolute joke of a coaching staff. IMO, they became invested in needing him to fail.

because no other players came and went between that "before and after with Wilson" thing....

I know, I know, with I see a puddle, I should expect rain.

He doesn't even make any sense. Which of these is a better year:

15 games 285 carries 1204 yards 12 TDs 4.2 YPC 80.3 YPG
16 games 301 carries 1257 yards 12 TDs 4.2 YPC 78.6 YPG

One is with Wilson at QB. The other is with Tavaris Jackson at QB.

Honest question. Am I talking to myself when I post "over and over ... and over again, about the same thing" or am I responding to posts that are "over and over ... and over again, about the same thing"?

Don't you think it is frustrating to refute opinions with facts over and over ... and over again, only to have them reappear in other posts, often by the same posters who dropped the arguments when fact were introduced?
I agree. I've said it before, it's both sides of the argument not just the pro side. But you asked why it keeps coming up about you, I'm just giving you an honest answer as to why it might be based on my own perception of your posts

What pisses me off the most is that the "other side" began the "Tannehill is not good enough" talk when he was playing behind historically bad OLs and an absolute joke of a coaching staff. IMO, they became invested in needing him to fail.

I see that, and then it see if the running game is picking up, they still use that to bash him but not other QBs.

A5_iPxkpupOIXR45IZsuTs1-ZhC4zDt8XBYMnFb6U_0.jpg

What irks me is most people have him as an average QB then act like its a travesty when we finish 8-8 which means everything around him must be the worst ever in the history of sport. If you're ok with an 8-8 type QB then don't be surprised or upset when we finish 8-8.

'I don't like finishing 8-8 but I like Tannehill'- is fair.

'Only reason Tannehill is 8-8 is because x, y and z are the worst ever' -is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom