Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

Because people love to argue for and against Tannehill...without him as a topic most peoples post count would drop dramatically, and traffic would slow down.
so why does someone have to be band of this site, because they do not agree w you.

what was people expecting from dak in yr2. two yr he have played. two winning season. Dallas main problems is they think they have superbowl team every yr. dak is young qb in nfl. they will be in playoff next yr. dak have more pressure to win than thill17 have. being qb in dallas and 49ers is not easy. lot of great qb in past

Hogwash. I live in dallas and theyve sucked for as long as we have since Aikman has been gone.

Honestly those articles seemed a little weak. So you bold a quote from Mike Wallace that Tannehill wants to be great? That is equivalent to Tannehill taking responsibility or having any accountability? WE need to win more games and WE need to score more points isn't exactly what I was looking for. So he missed a throw to end the season and lost some sleep over it. Awesome he said he will try to do better next time. At the end of the last article he seems to care about winning and thinks you play to win the game.... WOW AM I INSPIRED.

Because people love to argue for and against Tannehill...without him as a topic most peoples post count would drop dramatically, and traffic would slow down.

Ya thats not the point. The point is he is making ridiculous claims and trying to start arguments with it.

we all want win in Miami. I can understand both side of fence. when it come to thill17 ????. I just want see us go to sb. it been 33 yr

Ya thats not the point. The point is he is making ridiculous claims and trying to start arguments with it.

I could see how having an extremely different opinion about our most talked about player would seem trollish but as long as he doesn't start thread after thread about Tannehill or bring up Tannehill in non Tannehill threads non stop I don't see an issue. He is voicing his opinion about Tanny in a Tannehill thread, keep it where it belongs thats all you can really ask for.

I could see how having an extremely different opinion about our most talked about player would seem trollish but as long as he doesn't start thread after thread about Tannehill or bring up Tannehill in non Tannehill threads non stop I don't see an issue. He is voicing his opinion about Tanny in a Tannehill thread, keep it where it belongs thats all you can really ask for.

Perfectly reasonable, although, all posters should be held to some standard to support their opinions with facts where appropriate. Repeated posts about some perceived measureable flaw in Tannehill's game should be backed up with something. He gets repeatedly bashed for "hanging on to the ball too long", "taking unnecessary sacks", "locking onto one receiver", (or oddly enough "checking down too quickly"), "not being able to throw the long ball", etc. with little or no evidence to back up the claims. On the contrary, when evidence to counter their claims is provided, it is either ignored or dismissed.

Here is an article about how bad Tannehills supporting cast has been.

However, shallow analysis of the quarterback position is regularly negligible because it doesn't truly give us a picture of what the player has done. Team success and raw statistics don't tell us about all of the factors that truly affect the quarterback position on the field.

For Tannehill, those factors are vitally important.

During last season, the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin scandal highlighted the problems in the Dolphins locker room. While those issues were obviously more important than what was happening on the field, they overshadowed just how poor the Dolphins were when playing last year.

More specifically, how poor the pieces around Tannehill were.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...franchise-quarterback-nobody-is-talking-about

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Please look it up now, because my take on this article was that it was written before the 2014 season.

Here is an article about how bad Tannehills supporting cast has been.

However, shallow analysis of the quarterback position is regularly negligible because it doesn't truly give us a picture of what the player has done. Team success and raw statistics don't tell us about all of the factors that truly affect the quarterback position on the field.

For Tannehill, those factors are vitally important.

During last season, the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin scandal highlighted the problems in the Dolphins locker room. While those issues were obviously more important than what was happening on the field, they overshadowed just how poor the Dolphins were when playing last year.

More specifically, how poor the pieces around Tannehill were.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...franchise-quarterback-nobody-is-talking-about

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Please look it up now, because my take on this article was that it was written before the 2014 season.

What is your point?

They all showed that average play by QBs on otherwise excellent teams can result in SB wins.

Wilson had 5 playoff games with a passer rating over 100 in those first 4 years and 2 ended being losses due to your excellent team. Sorry but that is much better than average.

Perfectly reasonable, although, all posters should be held to some standard to support their opinions with facts where appropriate. Repeated posts about some perceived measureable flaw in Tannehill's game should be backed up with something. He gets repeatedly bashed for "hanging on to the ball too long", "taking unnecessary sacks", "locking onto one receiver", (or oddly enough "checking down too quickly"), "not being able to throw the long ball", etc. with little or no evidence to back up the claims. On the contrary, when evidence to counter their claims is provided, it is either ignored or dismissed.

To bad you can't follow your own advice. No substance to your response in above post, easily disputed, really just an attempt to move the conversation in your direction. When facts are brought about these deficiencies you simply discount them as non-fact. What's the point?

I agree with this whole-heartedly but the latest thing he brought up about mentioning to the media how great he wants to be is straight up trolling. I understand you want to defend your side of the fence, but he's trolling.

I agree with this whole-heartedly but the latest thing he brought up about mentioning to the media how great he wants to be is straight up trolling. I understand you want to defend your side of the fence, but he's trolling.

Yeah, somewhere along the line, the semantic debate turned into a cocaine-infused monologue that was difficult to decipher.

My side of the fence is the Miami Dolphins, I want them to be successful. If tannehill or Gase or Tannenbaum can get us there great if not than replace them.

I don’t think you realize that you’re just as extreme as the “Tannehaters”, (for lack of a better term) just on the other end of the spectrum. The actual truth is somewhere in the middle but you are so convinced Ryan Tannehill is the second coming of Joe Montana you fail to see that you could be wrong.

People can formulate opinions about Ryan Tannehill without digging through his high school stats, Russ Wilsons YPA, Dak Prescott’s this or that, Mariota’s haircut etc....and just watch his play and see there still leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh and can’t forget IMO since this is a message board and all.

Back
Top Bottom