Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

My environment is so messed up. My one brother does coke, my other brother bullies me and my father doesn't want me as his son he wants to make a new one. And to top it off my youngest brother who I called "practice squad" thinks he is better than me...

And do you actually believe that Dak's level of play was the difference in the Cowboys record between the two years? He literally got that much worse in his second year? Or are you willing to admit it's just Dak giving standard sports speak?

Your example is evidence against your Tannehill position.

His play is debatable. But he knows his role as leader of the team.

My environment is so messed up. My one brother does coke, my other brother bullies me and my father doesn't want me as his son he wants to make a new one. And to top it off my youngest brother who I called "practice squad" thinks he is better than me...
Then you should be absolutely replaced. The younger versions got to be better, Right.

I know I have not showed much but the circumstances have been out of my control. Even tho I press every letter on the keyboard, I am a product of my environment. I have only been a writer for about 9 years before that I was a reader totally different, I am still learning. Another 7 years will not hurt anyone.
I see your biggest problem being an obvious lack of opposable thumbs. Speech to text KBs can only offset a few of your minor limitations.

It is not a leader's role to misrepresent the truth.

I have seen plenty of press conferences where Tannehill said he had to.play better. Did you miss those? Saying you need to better is completely different than accepting or pretending to accept responsibility for team wins and losses.

IMO, what you are asking for from Tannehill would actually give him less credibility.

You never answered the question. Do you think it was Dak being truthful or was he being PC?

It is not a leader's role to misrepresent the truth.

I have seen plenty of press conferences where Tannehill said he had to.play better. Did you miss those? Saying you need to better is completely different than accepting or pretending to accept responsibility for team wins and losses. I have seen those, a little bit too often. And yes it is completely different which is exactly my point. Tannehill has never accepted responsibility and it is sickening.

IMO, what you are asking for from Tannehill would actually give him less credibility. Why because he never delivers?

You never answered the question. Do you think it was Dak being truthful or was he being PC? I think he was being honest, this is what the QB is suppose to do. He is saying follow me I will lead you to the promised land. Nothing like that has ever been uttered by our "P word" QB.

Between 3:30 and 3:35 EST on mostly cloudy days, Tannehill has performed admirably with a clean pocket.
Haha that's your definition of balling? Sheesh.
from qb point of view, I think dolphins should draft qb with in 1st or 2nd rd. if not this yr next yr.it going happen anyway. bottom line it thill17 job. keep them from drafting qb....he need start winning. or else time move on. it not about thill17 it about dolphins. winning superbowl

Dolphins can surely draft a qb for future development, and i hope they do.

But barring an incapable knee, RT will continue to be this team's QB for many years. He's that good- iwnership knows it, coaches know it, players know it, and most of the fans know it.

But at least we get some comic relief from those that don't, or won't admit.

Tannehill has never accepted responsibility and it is sickening.

Lies.

Go look at press clips. When it's someone other than him who doesn't execute, it's almost always "we". When it's him, it's "I missed," or "I overthrew."

I think he was being honest, this is what the QB is suppose to do. He is saying follow me I will lead you to the promised land. Nothing like that has ever been uttered by our "P word" QB.

More lies.

“He’s already corrected me about three times on play calls,” Gase says of Tannehill. “He’s just more comfortable with everything he does. I see a guy that is completely in control of the huddle.”

Gase sees it. And more importantly, Tannehill’s teammates see it.

“I’m glad he’s back out there taking back his huddle,” says veteran right guard Jermon Bushrod, “and we’re going to fight for him. That’s our leader.”

______

""We found a way when it counted. I told the guys right before that first touchdown drive, 'Hey everyone take a deep breath, we're going to win this game,'" Tannehill said. "And that's what we did." That Tannehill kept firing is a credit to the confidence head coach Adam Gase is developing in him, especially in those critical late-game situations.

____

Dude, it took me less than five minutes to Google and dispel stuff that you're just making up now.

I guess this is a no? anyone? Bueller?

WTF? Clearly you have access to the Internet. Did you even attempt to search for information? It started very early in his career.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ants-to-be-great-working-on-footwork/2575061/

Within weeks of the season finale, Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had broken down every game of his rookie year.

Tannehill broke down all of his throws by area, too. Right, middle, left. Short, intermediate, long.

By the end, he thought he'd identified several problem areas — all tracing back to inconsistent footwork, which he locked in on fixing the moment the team reconvened in April.

This is the Tannehill people inside Dolphins headquarters say they see on a daily basis.

"He's a guy who wants to be great," newly acquired wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "I see a guy who just wants it. I see him in the weight room. I see him on the field. He comes to work like he's a seventh-round draft pick, but he's a leader."

Here is an article about winning:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article50307590.html

Q: What’s the No. 1 reason the Dolphins are out of the playoff hunt with three weeks to go?

Tannehill: “We didn’t win enough games.”

Q: Why didn’t you win enough games?

Tannehill: “We didn’t score enough points.”

Q: Why didn’t you score enough points?

“Because we didn’t get in the end zone enough. I can keep going if you want.”

Tannehill’s news conference was a regular Abbott and Costello act.

What’s that old saying? Laugh to keep from crying.

So don’t mistake a little levity for lack of commitment. Tannehill has lost sleep over his final throw Monday night against the Giants, a miss that, for all intents and purposes, ended the Dolphins’ season.

Down a score late on third-and-long, Tannehill had Jarvis Landry wide open for a walk-in touchdown. He overthrew him by several feet. The Dolphins punted and wouldn’t get the ball again.

“I feel like I had a good game and I missed that last throw,” Tannehill said. “That’s one I’ve thought a lot about since then. It’s kind of haunted me a little bit, but there is nothing I can do about it now. Just make the throw the next time it pops up.”

“I care about winning,” Tannehill said. “You don’t play to throw X amount of touchdowns or X amount of yards. Whatever it takes to win. …

“I think that you play to win the game,” he continued. “You prepare to win the game and ultimately if you’re not winning you’re not getting it done enough. I think that’s what I look at — ways to win and what teams look at. You want to win. You want to be in the playoffs and competing for a Super Bowl.”

what was people expecting from dak in yr2. two yr he have played. two winning season. Dallas main problems is they think they have superbowl team every yr. dak is young qb in nfl. they will be in playoff next yr. dak have more pressure to win than thill17 have. being qb in dallas and 49ers is not easy. lot of great qb in past

Let me put the question of whether we should build around Tannehill into perspective based on the game before cutting Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. After that game, many were blaming the QB, but thankfully not all were so misguided.

http://slicemiami.com/2016/10/10/ryan-tannehill-miami-dolphins-hope/

Coming off a blowout loss at home against the lousy Tennessee Titans in which his offense was responsible for just 10 points, he was sacked six times and pressured on 16 of 24 his attempts, per Pro Football Focus, playing behind a truly offensive line that at times appeared to be intentionally trying to get their quarterback decapitated.

My view: Ryan Tannehill remains somewhere around average and he’s the easy scapegoat for fans and media. Objectively look at the film, as Fahey has done, and you’ll see how small-minded it is to merely pile the blame on number 17.

Nobody, not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, would thrive behind this incompetent line with no semblance of a running game. The Dolphins’ most gifted skill player, DeVante Parker, is also their softest and their best weapon in Jarvis Landry isn’t special enough to take over a game.

Throw in the fact the defense might be the worst in football and it’s an unwinnable war. The fact he’s started 69 consecutive games behind this perpetually disastrous line is incredible.

Props to Cian Fahey for sticking to his guns.

How the hell can ANYONE watch the GIFs in that article and not ask WTF!!!!!! is wrong with that OL? Just take off your hater glasses and LOOK!

BTW, they were just as bad for most of 2013, 2014, and 2015.

Back
Top Bottom