Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

What irks me is most people have him as an average QB then act like its a travesty when we finish 8-8 which means everything around him must be the worst ever in the history of sport. If you're ok with an 8-8 type QB then don't be surprised or upset when we finish 8-8.

'I don't like finishing 8-8 but I like Tannehill'- is fair.

'Only reason Tannehill is 8-8 is because x, y and z are the worst ever' -is ridiculous

I'm not okay with an 8-8 type QB, I'm okay with Tannehill.

How would you describe the OL in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 with a combined 184 sacks? For the first 5 years of a career, Tannehill is the 5th most sacked in the league since they started tracking sacks. So, yeah, calling the Dolphins OL among the worst ever is pretty accurate.

Adam job. will depend on play of thill17 in 2018, if we make playoff. thill17 get started another yr. if he doesn't make playoff, the voice will start getting louder replacement... the ball is in thilll17 court, if he fail adam fail as well. I am tried of talking about thill17. I will let his play do talking good or bad....

Don't use logic about bad supporting players that affect the qb...that's going to hurt the low football IQ RT17 haters feelings because every random rookie QB in this draft slated to be over drafted in the top ten would immediately be better with the same garbage lines and WRs.

Our best WR has been Kenny Stills (he's a 2 or 3 on every other team) since RT17 has been here. Landry and his drag routes and screens were overrated, Parker is soft and stupid, Grant is 5'nothing with no hands, Devon Bess wasn't a true NFL talent and chest catcher Hartline wasn't either.

The offensive lines have been absolute garbage. while improved the last two seasons (still not good) they have been wildly inconsistent and injured. Fat albert was a true NFL top 15 LT but was always hurt or playing hurt. Bad pick up by a stupid GM.. Tunsil is still young and has our highest ceiling but struggled last year next to garbage at LG. Pouncey has been oft injured, over drafted garbage since day one. Juwan James has been soft, inconsistent and routinely gets smoked across his face in 3rd and medium plus. Jonathan Martin chased off our best linemen of the RT17 tenure. You win football from the ball out. A quarterback can't throw from his back and young QBs have their growth stunted playing behind bad lines with bad coaches. Do you people really like David Carr was that bad?

Do I need to even mention the total lack of an NFL level TE? Charles Clay was the best one and his career died in Buf with more bad coaching and horrible quarterback play.

Show me any quarterback that can carry teams as bad as the dolphins, bottom five o-lines and no WRS.

There's hope. We've upgraded at LG and C which might help LT. RT can be semi consistent and RG is a question mark (draft nelson and it's not). Throw in a decent TE, Parker not being totally useless and a WR by committee between Wilson, amendola and Stills and maybe we make a playoff run. The defense is getting several guys back but we could also be filling a couple of those holes at 11. Over drafting one of these QBs when you have RT17 on the roster with this many holes is ridiculous.

A5_iPxkpupOIXR45IZsuTs1-ZhC4zDt8XBYMnFb6U_0.jpg

I plan on stealing this and using it extensively.

Wow....when I read this last page of posts and replies.........I just can't wait for the draft and then the season. Maybe the hate for each other will slow down at that point around here?

Yup, that's all fair enough, and it's your prerogative.

And obviously I know you don't literally reply to EVERY negative post about him ... but it feels like that, to be honest. I'm just giving you an answer to your question, as to why this stuff keeps coming up. Nope, I don't necessarily believe you think he's elite, nor have ever said it.

But when you read so many posts .. over and over ... and over again, about the same thing, from the same poster, I'm sorry, but the message just loses its edge and becomes annoying. Just my personal opinion, and just explaining why I think it might be that the "myth" you asked about keeps coming up.

I honestly and totally get this.

However...there's the flip side to that coin. There are five or six posters who do the exact same thing with every thread that involves the offense or the future of the team. It doesn't even have to be about Tannehill. And almost every single time, they derail the thread, turning it into a thread about how much they think that Tannehill sucks, and then berate those who disagree. I can name them off the top of my head; not out of obsession, but out of annoyance.

I honestly and totally get this.

However...there's the flip side to that coin. There are five or six posters who do the exact same thing with every thread that involves the offense or the future of the team. It doesn't even have to be about Tannehill. And almost every single time, they derail the thread, turning it into a thread about how much they think that Tannehill sucks, and then berate those who disagree. I can name them off the top of my head; not out of obsession, but out of annoyance.
I agree. But there are people on the other side of that coin who bleat on and on about how good Tannehill is, and how it's everyone else's fault but his. I'm sure you know who is involved. It's a pointless, irritating debate that pops up all over the place, and descends into a nit picking farce.

Ok guys enough personal and/or off topic discussion. Get back to topic or be thread banned

Is not easy being a Dolphins fan. I'm just glad I can listen to Ozzy when I'm down. People need to just bang their head like I do with metal every time our team lose....lol

I agree. But there are people on the other side of that coin who bleat on and on about how good Tannehill is, and how it's everyone else's fault but his. I'm sure you know who is involved. It's a pointless, irritating debate that pops up all over the place, and descends into a nit picking farce.

Fair. The QB position can be polarizing. I think as long as we all can agree that we don't know anything for sure, we can all get along.

With the exception, of course, that the Jets suck. That we know for sure.

Fair. The QB position can be polarizing. I think as long as we all can agree that we don't know anything for sure, we can all get along.

With the exception, of course, that the Jets suck. That we know for sure.
Yeah, sure everything in sports is polarising.

I think I agree with your previous post though ... keep him for this year, but make sure to draft a QB to take over. Not sure I want any trade up for that though, so many other holes on this roster! Pity they bothered picking up those few extra wins last year, be such a great year to be picking early.

I don't know Tannys value is very low with the contract and injury.I d take a 5th, 6th and future 7th round pick and call it a day.

Yeah, sure everything in sports is polarising.

I think I agree with your previous post though ... keep him for this year, but make sure to draft a QB to take over. Not sure I want any trade up for that though, so many other holes on this roster! Pity they bothered picking up those few extra wins last year, be such a great year to be picking early.

Any QB drafted to take over would have to come in the first round. IMO, that would be a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom