Bye week reflections | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye week reflections

Nice post, OP. Interesting SB picks. Do you think Pitt will pull it off? I’d love to see the Titans make it (if not us of course)? The Bucs roster is stacked. GB will bounce back but the NFC seems wide open. How funny would it be if a team from the NFC East makes it? 6 wins is going to win that division. 7-8-1 at best. Don’t count Seattle out either.

Man I don’t like bye weeks - next game can’t come fast enough.

Yeah, I don't get that offensive line ranking by PFF either. Fitzpatrick has had far more time to throw the ball than last year. No doubt this is a young group and a work in progress.

I'd possibly look to extend Karras. Coaching staff talks favorably about his leadership, line calls etc.

The secondary is a nice strength. The defense has come together since Jones got healthy starting in San Francisco. The run defense needs help and I also agree Miami needs a big-play receiver.

Things are definitely getting interesting in Miami, especially with the switch to Tua.

Nice post, OP. Interesting SB picks. Do you think Pitt will pull it off? I’d love to see the Titans make it (if not us of course)? The Bucs roster is stacked. GB will bounce back but the NFC seems wide open. How funny would it be if a team from the NFC East makes it? 6 wins is going to win that division. 7-8-1 at best. Don’t count Seattle out either.

Man I don’t like bye weeks - next game can’t come fast enough.
Pittsburgh is probably the biggest surprise to me. Minnesota on the flip side. I'm still not 100 percent sold on the Steelers, but they are off to an impressive start.

I'd say Seattle and Kansas City in the super bowl. The two best quarterbacks going at it.

Mostert isn’t playing today and they’re up 30-6.
Yep but that RB stepped up today until he was unfortunately hurt. They still didn’t have a plan of a running attack against us. And we were well coached on defense that day

The 49ers have been on a tear and we destroyed them. So the question is how much is due to the injury they suffered and how much is due to we're a decent football team?
Definitely a bit of both. But we kicked their ass top to bottom. We are on the rise as a team. Today and last week shows that New England just sucks. They are awful. Denver is terrible and they beat them last week. This division is between us and Buffalo.

Pittsburgh is probably the biggest surprise to me. Minnesota on the flip side. I'm still not 100 percent sold on the Steelers, but they are off to an impressive start.

I'd say Seattle and Kansas City in the super bowl. The two best quarterbacks going at it.

I didn't expect them to be as good as they are now. I figured Ben was close to retirement and shot. But clearly he's proving all of us wrong.

BTW, Does anyone know if the reciever on the practice squad Callowy is eligible to return now?

Pittsburgh is my pick for the Super Bowl. I think they are head and shoulders above just about every team in the AFC outside of Kansas City. I give Pittsburgh the edge, because of their defense.

He has impressed me so much today and this season. He has been lights out today. 300 passing, 42 rushing, 3TDs and it’s not the fourth quarter yet.

The inaccuracy issues that were very prevelant in his college tapes have disappeared for the most part.
Same thing with the bone headed decisions.

As with most rookie QB that looks really good in year 1 you have to wait to see what you get in year 2 and 3 to really gauge what they are.
But considering the knock on him. So far so good!

I think we're fooling ourselves if you don't think this doesn't add more pressure on Tua and the organization.
The expectation becomes he needs to be as good or better than Herbert and Burrow this season.

Herbert has looked much more polished than i expected this season.
Agreed. I remember arguing with some fool here about two weeks ago how he said he’s watched all his college games and he’s not a winner or leader and blah blah blah. He’s had shootouts with the best QBs in the business so far in his first five games and kept up with them and made all the throws and doesn’t look intimidated. The said poster‘s response was and I’m paraphrasing “ but he didn’t win the games” what a foolish and dumb statement. I didn’t know a rookie QB who wasn’t even going to start the season to begin with was all of a sudden supposed to win shootouts against Brees and Brady. And I’m not saying Herbert won’t regress but right now he looks like a damn good up and coming Qb. Gotta laugh at that poster. I guess that’s why he posts here and not some GM chair.

Back
Top Bottom