Bye week reflections | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye week reflections

We are currently sitting at the 8 seed(top 7 make Playoffs). Bills barely squeak by the Jets and I just read the Jets had 4, FOUR!? total yards in the second half? What?

There have been people going back and forth about Herbert and Burrow. Some people seem to be in one camp or the other. I don't see what's wrong with saying they're both pretty good for rookies. And hopefully in a few weeks Tua will in that same category. However, if Herbert and Burrow end up with better rookie years than Tua that doesn't mean that the pecking order will remain that way for their careers. I hope fans let Tua grow into the job if that's what's needed.
Exactly, don’t understand why all three can’t be good and successful. For me, I don’t watch a ton of college ball but I did watch Alabama and Herberts games because of the news and hype. I felt comfortable drafting Herbert only Because of Tua‘s hip problem. Don’t understand why people kill Herberts talents

Nice post, OP. Interesting SB picks. Do you think Pitt will pull it off? I’d love to see the Titans make it (if not us of course)? The Bucs roster is stacked. GB will bounce back but the NFC seems wide open. How funny would it be if a team from the NFC East makes it? 6 wins is going to win that division. 7-8-1 at best. Don’t count Seattle out either.

Man I don’t like bye weeks - next game can’t come fast enough.
I think in the AFC, I would put Pittsburgh as number one and KC as Number 2, just because Pittsburgh has a very good offense with Big Ben back to form, and their defense is probably the best in the league, with maybe the Bucs a close second? Of course, it’s probably crazy to bet against Mahomes, but it’s super hard to repeat.

In the AFC I agree with you on Seattle and Green Bay, two of the best QB’s in the NFL, but defensively? I think Brady has enough weapons, and he’s getting that knucklehead AB to join an already stacked roster and their defense is outstanding, so on paper, I like Tampa Bay’s chances to beat Seattle & Green Bay.

Agree with you on the bye week, especially with our first look at Tua coming! :)

Yeah, I don't get that offensive line ranking by PFF either. Fitzpatrick has had far more time to throw the ball than last year. No doubt this is a young group and a work in progress.

I'd possibly look to extend Karras. Coaching staff talks favorably about his leadership, line calls etc.

The secondary is a nice strength. The defense has come together since Jones got healthy starting in San Francisco. The run defense needs help and I also agree Miami needs a big-play receiver.

Things are definitely getting interesting in Miami, especially with the switch to Tua.
I like Karas too, it just seems like we have good depth at Tackle and guard with some guys who have some flexibility to play multiple positions. James, Jackson, kindley, flowers, Hunt can man multiple positions, but if Karas goes down, who can step up and replace him? Also competition at every position is desirable, and we don’t seem to have that at center.

Definitely can’t wait to see if Tua‘s college greatness translates to the nfl.

The Jets fans LOVED Darnold year 1.

Now they are talking about tanking for Trevor.
It's amazing how many teams are in contention for that #1 overall pick. I don't know if I've ever seen so many teams with one win or fewer at this stage of the season.

I think the division is wide open. If Tua plays better football than Fitz and Howard, Jones and Rowe stay healthy on defense I think we have a shot. I feel these are our most important defenders with the pass rushers next in line. Making things tough on your 1 and 2 WR and TE is a good thing in today’s passing league and we are able to do that. I worry about the run defense but am hoping good team defense can overcome. I know the team is not built to win in 2020 but postseason experience would be nice anyway.

Did you say Chad Henne? Wow, he’s still in the league?
Yes he’s been on the Chiefs for a few years now. He was their no 2 behind Mahomes until Andy Reid talked Matt Moore into un-retiring and put Matt ahead of Chad on the depth chart. The move paid off for Reid because Moore balled in his 2.5 games of relief work last year - the biggest deal was beating a very good Minny team. Henne has stuck around.

Far out!

The legend of Chad "because we passed on Matt Ryan" Henne continues!

Seriously. Made my last enema more fun!

Yes he’s been on the Chiefs for a few years now. He was their no 2 behind Mahomes until Andy Reid talked Matt Moore into un-retiring and put Matt ahead of Chad on the depth chart. The move paid off for Reid because Moore balled in his 2.5 games of relief work last year - the biggest deal was beating a very good Minny team. Henne has stuck around.
Actually I think Chad got hurt and Reed needed another backup so that’s why they got Moore. Moore is on the Chiefs practice squad which means Henne beat him out in 2020. After watching the 2 I find that hard to believe other than Henne has a stronger arm. For everything this else I’d rather roll with Moore.

AFC is right up there with NFC LEAST. Phins can win the division if they show the same 2nd half form they showed last season. For the taking.

Herbert has looked much more polished than i expected this season.
I liked him as a prospect and would’ve totally been ok drafting him if Tua wasn’t available, which is why I was against trading up for Tua. But I must admit, I didn’t think he’d be this good this fast. He’s a big guy with a big arm and as I recall he aced the Wonderlick so he’s smart too. He’s probably going to be good for a long time.

I am very happy with Tua however, and can’t wait to see if he can be as great as his potential suggests.

We are currently sitting at the 8 seed(top 7 make Playoffs). Bills barely squeak by the Jets and I just read the Jets had 4, FOUR!? total yards in the second half? What?
4? They over reached.

I’m sorry that not everyone agrees with every little minute word you post. Basically everything in there has been talked about here about 1000 other times in about a 1000 other threads. Remember this is a message forum, don’t be offended if someone else doesn’t jump all over your thread and praises you up and down for your glass half full thoughts
View attachment 57169
I think you misunderstood me. It wasn‘t whether you or I think the Fins can make the playoffs. It was because you said at the end of your post “Let’s have some realistic expectations here.” Insinuating I was being unrealstic, or out there saying something to the effect that “Oh yeah, now were going to the playoffs because Tua is in.”

That’s what sort of got me on the defensive because that’s not what I was saying at all.

The truth is, there are only a few outcomes that are possible:

1. Tua plays like a rookie, flashes some talent, has some wow moments, but makes some mistakes that he hopefully learns from, we miss the playoffs, but feel good about going into next year with Tua ready to take a leap forward, and adding more firepower to our roster on both sides of the ball leveraging all of those draft picks we have at our disposal.

2. Tua plays like Herbert or Burrow, both of whom have played well enough to win, but aren’t on good teams. Although I suppose we’ll test that hypothesis when we meet the chargers, but I think we have a better team than the Bengals and the Chargers. The AFC East is in play, and they did expand the amount Of playoff teams, so in a scenario where Tua plays decent football, yes, it is possible for us to make the playoffs even going 8-8, and after the Chargers,. The schedule has some very winnable games in November until we run into that buzz saw of the Chiefs, raiders, Bills, and Patriots in December, although the patriots are looking more beatable then they were earlier in the season.

3. Tua Stinks up the joint. Personally, I think that while it’s possible, this scenario is unlikely.

4. Tua gets injured again. Unfortunately, this scenario is definitely possible.

Out of those 4 scenarios, you could say that number 1 is probably the most likely, but number 2, while less likely then number one is also possible and not neccessarily unrealistic, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Back
Top Bottom