Bye week reflections | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye week reflections

Cam Newton isn’t Superman anymore I guess. Where are the National Pundits w the Belicjik is a genius nonsense now? Did too many Subway commercials in the off-season.
I didn’t think he would be. Miami facing him Week 1 was a disadvantage since they didn’t know how he’d look on their team. Now that tape is out I’d believe he may be figured out now.

Yep but that RB stepped up today until he was unfortunately hurt. They still didn’t have a plan of a running attack against us. And we were well coached on defense that day
I had forgotten Mostert played vs Miami. That game was impressive regardless.

I didn't expect them to be as good as they are now. I figured Ben was close to retirement and shot. But clearly he's proving all of us wrong.
I think they play Baltimore next week. That would be worth watching.

As for bye week reflections, Miami has surprised. After two tumultuous weeks, the team has come together.

The defense is being aided by a strong group of defensive backs. They've completely shut down the opponents passing game the last 2 weeks. This has fueled a resurgent front seven. They are making plays in every level of the defense.

The rookie offensive linemen have performed much better than expected, thanks in large part to the excellent coaching job by Steve Marshall.

Flores has once again rallied the players. He's getting the most out of them. You are seeing growth from both 1st and 2nd year players. This is forming the core of the team. All these young kids are maturing together, which should allow for a 4-5 yr run. If they keep improving.

The WR and TE group continue to formulate an underrated core of recievers. They are making plays when given the chance.

The coaching staff has grown along with the players. They've gotten these kids to play sound football. Kudos to them. Especially the younger coaches.

The F/O has finally come together after much needed change. This is the 1st time in many years, F/A has actually worked out positively for Miami. They did a great job in bringing in young veterans who just needed a chance with sound coaching. The 2020 draft is turning out to be the best in quite some time. And the last 2 UDFA class has also brought in some much needed help. Good job by those guys in the F/O.

Agreed. I remember arguing with some fool here about two weeks ago how he said he’s watched all his college games and he’s not a winner or leader and blah blah blah. He’s had shootouts with the best QBs in the business so far in his first five games and kept up with them and made all the throws and doesn’t look intimidated. The said poster‘s response was and I’m paraphrasing “ but he didn’t win the games” what a foolish and dumb statement. I didn’t know a rookie QB who wasn’t even going to start the season to begin with was all of a sudden supposed to win shootouts against Brees and Brady. And I’m not saying Herbert won’t regress but right now he looks like a damn good up and coming Qb. Gotta laugh at that poster. I guess that’s why he posts here and not some GM chair.

It's impressive so far for any rookie and especially him considering the expectation.
This season so far is a Herbert win, bigtime!
We'll see what the next couple of years look like.
IMO, that's the real assesment after teams have acquired enough tape on strenghts,weaknesses, and tendencies.

The Chargers organizationa and finbase should be estatic.

It's impressive so far for any rookie and especially him considering the expectation.
This season so far is a Herbert win, bigtime!
We'll see what the next couple of years look like.
IMO, that's the real assesment after teams have acquired enough tape on strenghts,weaknesses, and tendencies.

The Chargers organizationa and finbase should be estatic.
Agreed. And that’s why I also said he could regress. But as a fan I’m excited if I were a bolts fan.

The Jets fans LOVED Darnold year 1.

Now they are talking about tanking for Trevor.

Hebert looks better than I expected his first year. I think may be a sign that TUA's talent will also show this year just like Burrows. Burrow probably has the least amount of talent around him. Hebert has good skill players and experienced OL helping him. TUA probably has the best all around team supporting him so I expect positive play. Hopefully more wins than losses this year.

The measuring stick for next year will be the KC game as to what we need to get to a super bowl. TUA will have played multiple games by then.

Hebert looks better than I expected his first year. I think may be a sign that TUA's talent will also show this year just like Burrows. Burrow probably has the least amount of talent around him. Hebert has good skill players and experienced OL helping him. TUA probably has the best all around team supporting him so I expect positive play. Hopefully more wins than losses this year.

The measuring stick for next year will be the KC game as to what we need to get to a super bowl. TUA will have played multiple games by then.
I’m really anxious for that KC game and see how Tua responds. Some good defenses had Mahomes and company on the ropes this year. My fear though is that they just have too much speed for our defense to handle.

Herbert has looked much more polished than i expected this season.

He has impressed me so much today and this season. He has been lights out today. 300 passing, 42 rushing, 3TDs and it’s not the fourth quarter yet.
EDIT: And he just ran a TD in.

The inaccuracy issues that were very prevelant in his college tapes have disappeared for the most part.
Same thing with the bone headed decisions.

As with most rookie QB that looks really good in year 1 you have to wait to see what you get in year 2 and 3 to really gauge what they are.
But considering the knock on him. So far so good!

I think we're fooling ourselves if you don't think this doesn't add more pressure on Tua and the organization.
The expectation becomes he needs to be as good or better than Herbert and Burrow this season.

Agreed. I remember arguing with some fool here about two weeks ago how he said he’s watched all his college games and he’s not a winner or leader and blah blah blah. He’s had shootouts with the best QBs in the business so far in his first five games and kept up with them and made all the throws and doesn’t look intimidated. The said poster‘s response was and I’m paraphrasing “ but he didn’t win the games” what a foolish and dumb statement. I didn’t know a rookie QB who wasn’t even going to start the season to begin with was all of a sudden supposed to win shootouts against Brees and Brady. And I’m not saying Herbert won’t regress but right now he looks like a damn good up and coming Qb. Gotta laugh at that poster. I guess that’s why he posts here and not some GM chair.

There have been people going back and forth about Herbert and Burrow. Some people seem to be in one camp or the other. I don't see what's wrong with saying they're both pretty good for rookies. And hopefully in a few weeks Tua will in that same category. However, if Herbert and Burrow end up with better rookie years than Tua that doesn't mean that the pecking order will remain that way for their careers. I hope fans let Tua grow into the job if that's what's needed.

Back
Top Bottom