Byron Jones praises Noah Igbinoghene | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones praises Noah Igbinoghene

OK so he balled out in camp last year, and got smoked during the season last year. Balling out in camp this year, ?????

Hope he makes the jump from practice-hero status. As long as he shows steady improvement on gameday, that's all we can ask.

Something I'm impressed with is that Howard was working out with Igbinoghene in the weeks leading up to the otas and mini camp knowing that he was likely going to holdout and that Noah could be his eventual replacement if the contract situation doesn't get resolved. Some vets wouldn't have invested their time with a young player who hopes to take their job.

I love the culture Flores has established in his short time here where players support each other. The best since Shula.

Dolphins and the Saints are the only two teams achieving 85% vaccination in which Flores played a big educational role in.

Iggy, Holland, Jones give Miami a good young nucleus in the secondary.

I haven’t been this optimistic about the Dolphins since the 90’s.

I love the culture Flores has established in his short time here where players support each other. The best since Shula.

Dolphins and the Saints are the only two teams achieving 85% vaccination in which Flores played a big educational role in.

Iggy, Holland, Jones give Miami a good young nucleus in the secondary.

I haven’t been this optimistic about the Dolphins since the 90’s.

I agree. But the current team might have more young, emerging talent on both sides of the ball. We have some unknowns for sure but a good many of them have very good potential and decent odds of fulfilling their considerable promise. Honestly, we’ve addressed most aspects you need. Another draft or two, and look out.

You mentioned the secondary. Holland reportedly looks good. Brandon Jones, IMO an unsung member of a very good draft. He’s a guy who is decisive with his reads yet sound, and a very sure tackler. Iggy we know has tremendous potential. But couple some of that juice at the back end with some young pass rushers in Phillips and Van Ginkel plus Ogbah in his prime. That’s some juice. You probably want more in that regard, but it looks like the pass D is on its way to being upper echelon.

Last edited:
That's it then. We can now trade Howard
I've been saying he was drafted to replace X, whether it's this year or next. If it becomes too much of an obstacle to extend X and he continues to hold out, don't be shocked if he's traded. As the coaches become more confident in Iggy's ability, the likelihood X gets traded also increases. :shrug:

Good. Hopefully this means X is on his way out...
Why on earth do people want X gone? Ten picks doesn’t do it for you? I don’t believe for a second with him that its a fluke and he will revert to the mean. Not at all. This guy has a total knack for making the read, and absolutely breaking on the ball. Unless he loses that burst attacking the ball, or gets hurt, he is money for five plus picks. We are trying to win. There’s no reason to deal your most impactful player from last year unless you get blown away.

Why on earth do people want X gone? Ten picks doesn’t do it for you? I don’t believe for a second with him that its a fluke and he will revert to the mean. Not at all. This guy has a total knack for making the read, and absolutely breaking on the ball. Unless he loses that burst attacking the ball, or gets hurt, he is money for five plus picks. We are trying to win. There’s no reason to deal your most impactful player from last year unless you get blown away.
I respect Xs game and I would be happy if X stays and plays great. But I do have an issue with him holding out trying to renegotiate his contract (which he loved when he signed it) now when it still has 2 years remaining. Start negotiating after this season, great but not now. That is the opposite of the culture Grier/Flo are building.

OK so he balled out in camp last year, and got smoked during the season last year. Balling out in camp this year, ?????

Hope he makes the jump from practice-hero status.

I fail to see the point of replies like this.

Are you somehow under the impression that history repeats itself, meaning nothing ever changes?

Furthermore, would you prefer to hear that he’s having a poor camp and isn’t balling out?

Think of this as a basketball player’s jump shot. If they’ve got a good one and it’s usually falling in practice — odds are good that it will eventually carry over to the real game.

I respect Xs game and I would be happy if X stays and plays great. But I do have an issue with him holding out trying to renegotiate his contract (which he loved when he signed it) now when it still has 2 years remaining. Start negotiating after this season, great but not now. That is the opposite of the culture Grier/Flo are building.
His contract has 4 years remaining

Hope he makes the jump from practice-hero status. As long as he shows steady improvement on gameday, that's all we can ask.

Interesting, tell about “CAMP” last year! I want to hear more.

Back
Top Bottom