Byron Jones praises Noah Igbinoghene | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones praises Noah Igbinoghene

I fail to see the point of replies like this.

Are you somehow under the impression that history repeats itself, meaning nothing ever changes?

Furthermore, would you prefer to hear that he’s having a poor camp and isn’t balling out?

Think of this as a basketball player’s jump shot. If they’ve got a good one and it’s usually falling in practice — odds are good that it will eventually carry over to the real game.
The point is we've had plenty of practice heroes in the past, always "balling out" in every off-season...just hoping he makes the leap instead of being stuck in that treadmill...seems like a great kid.

The point is we've had plenty of practice heroes in the past, always "balling out" in every off-season...just hoping he makes the leap instead of being stuck in that treadmill...seems like a great kid.

Like I said, while nothing is ever guaranteed, the odds are in our favor when the player is consistently showing well in practices.

As I've said from the beginning re: Iggy --- I trust and defer to Brian Flores expertise. I didn't understand the selection when it was made. It felt like it was drafting for luxury.

However Flo seems to see something special in the kid and Flo has a pretty good track record developing DB's. I'm confident the kid will come around.

Last edited:
Well! Fortunately for him there's a guy that's holding out at this position.

Also even if X were here it's not going to be "tough" for him to see the field.

He's a 1st round pick that by all indication has improved this season.

He's going to play!
If X works out his issues and returns for the season, Iggy is only going get into the games if he can win the slot CB position. He will probably see the field when they go to 5 defensive backs if he can’t win the slot position but he isn’t beating out Jones or Howard for one of the outside DB positions.

I see our starting slot corner for the future..

Wicked strong, perfect size, excellent COD skills and loves to hit and tackle..

Perfect slot corner

Why on earth do people want X gone? Ten picks doesn’t do it for you? I don’t believe for a second with him that its a fluke and he will revert to the mean. Not at all. This guy has a total knack for making the read, and absolutely breaking on the ball. Unless he loses that burst attacking the ball, or gets hurt, he is money for five plus picks. We are trying to win. There’s no reason to deal your most impactful player from last year unless you get blown away.
Because you cannot kill your salary cap on an opt- injured player at the end of his career. That’s why. If Igbo is the real deal get a first rounder and move on.

Probably the reason we will eventually trade X. I love X but he needs to play out the contract he was just given and he is unwilling

Because you cannot kill your salary cap on an opt- injured player at the end of his career. That’s why. If Igbo is the real deal get a first rounder and move on.
End of his career?? He is 27 years old and while he has had some injuries in his career. He is coming off the best season of his career. I fully understand that the Dolphins might be unwilling to renegotiate his contract so soon after signing an extension and that could force a trade. Yet I have no doubt Howard will remain a better CB than Iggy over the next 5 years and being forced to trade Howard and playing Iggy instead would be a major downgrade at the outside CB position for the Dolphins, IMO.

So we usually keep 5 corners I think..maybe 6??

X...Jones..Noah..Needham..Coleman..Perry..

I know we have some development players, not sure about any of them cracking those 6..

Any dark house candidates?

Every year..you're correct. Practice heroes. However, unlike Allen Iverson, it means something to the coach and players. It won't always translate on GameDay but this dude works hard as do most Dolphins since the Flores arrival.

I posted in another thread about his improvement on GameDay noted by coaches and players beginning with the Cinci game. A 20 year old playing CB getting beat in a game isn't easy. But he bounced back, didn't hide and the team sees it. He's got a bright future. Practice and all.

It's not about being a practice hero. It's about a young player with objectively elite athleticism putting in the work. It's about trusting the process.

Back
Top Bottom