Byron Jones??? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones???

i don't think byron jones feels he has to prove anything because howard has contract frustrations.

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

You didn't watch the games I did when he was regularly out in a blender by the #2 WR...

Heaven forbid he lines up against the #1 for the entire season.

As I've mentioned before, I was a sports official for years. President of an organization that represented 7 sports, and I can tell you from experience, Beisboll Umpires are THE most stubborn and egotistical of the lot. (Basketball would be next)
I think this is due to the fact that Beisboll is measured in increments under an inch... the strikezone is tiny, the calls are so tight... and Umpires are REALLY exposed... so they grow a shell, and develop an attitude. It doesn't help that the idea of "kill the Umpire" is so deeply embedded in our culture, and that's what Beisboll is more than anything else... EXTREMELY traditional... conservative even.
I still don't get why the umpires have to do a big show and dance in calling the third strike out. The batter is feeling bad enough for striking out, he doesn't need the umpire to do a dance.

I still don't get why the umpires have to do a big show and dance in calling a third strike out. The batter is feeling bad enough for striking out, he doesn't need the umpire to do a dance.
Heh! It's called the bow and arrow, and it is traditional. It's actually taught in umpiring school (softball was one of my sports).

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

You didn't watch the games I did when he was regularly out in a blender by the #2 WR...

Heaven forbid he lines up against the #1 for the entire season.
he may have a lot to prove because of his play last season (i have no idea if he feels that way), but what does that have to do with xavien howard's dissatisfaction with his current contract situation (which is all I was referring to)?

he may have a lot to prove because of his play last season (i have no idea if he feels that way), but what does that have to do with xavien howard's dissatisfaction with his current contract situation (which is all I was referring to)?
Xavien Howard might be asking himself why Jones makes more money than he does....

I still don't get why the umpires have to do a big show and dance in calling the third strike out. The batter is feeling bad enough for striking out, he doesn't need the umpire to do a dance.
Could be worse, the pitchers could do what they did 30 years ago for batters showing up pitchers after a home run.

0% chance of that.

ZE-RO.

...and this guaranteed money narrative is so silly. Players play out their contracts ALL the time... they call it 'betting on themselves', and they do this to secure a big contract, which X did.

But now she cries that it's not good enough, even though she received the largest contract for a CB in history when she signed it. But now she wants to blackmail the team and she is refusing to fulfill her end of the deal.

Be a man X, do what you agreed to do.
Yep. What people are missing is that it isn’t the money aspect holding this up, it’s the precedent set. By allowing X and his agent to dictate this contract dispute and get a new contract, would eventually open Pandora’s Box for any other player willing to sit out and gripe. I just don’t believe Grier and Flo will allow a precedent to be set here. The mistake they made was to overpay Jones and now it’s biting them in the ass.

literally every player on every single team does exactly this - silence because “it’s a business”. Can’t believe you tried to use that as an argument lol.

Again with the name calling - why are you so offended by him? Haha.

he signed a contract that he is definitely outperforming and he is trying to renegotiate it into a better one. The fins are trying to refuse while still keeping business w that employee because they value him. very reasonable expectation from both sides of the table.

It’s like two adults speaking calmly and you’re in the background just screaming at one of them loudly.
After one good year in your sales job you sit out for more money. Let’s see how that works out for you. No way Flo/Grier allow X and his agent to dictate this and allow a bad precedent to be set for the org. No way, no how.

Yep. What people are missing is that it isn’t the money aspect holding this up, it’s the precedent set. By allowing X and his agent to dictate this contract dispute and get a new contract, would eventually open Pandora’s Box for any other player willing to sit out and gripe. I just don’t believe Grier and Flo will allow a precedent to be set here. The mistake they made was to overpay Jones and now it’s biting them in the ***.
You would be right. If X was the very first and only player to hold out in NFL history.

Football is a business and every busInness pay their employees salaries which are heavily slanted to benefit the company more than the employees. Sometimes people forget that professional sports before anything else is a business and the owners of this business are far more concerned with their own financial interests than the financial interests of those who work for them.

Obviously the best employees in this business will make the highest salaries but owners are all aware that as long as they are getting their larger share of the pot, every player is replaceable. Even if the fans aren’t happy when one of their favorite players is cut or traded.
I own a business , in fact have owned eight, and this isn’t entirely true. If you have really good employees, especially in sales, they can go elsewhere. They can go to the competition. You pay your best ones more because you know they can leave. Companies who don’t pay on performance and have a set pay schedule based on seniority and not performance, have massive turnover issues. The difference here is that most companies don’t require employees to sign binding contracts. X signed a binding contract and by allowing his agent to dictate terms sets a bad precedent.

0% chance of that.

ZE-RO.

...and this guaranteed money narrative is so silly. Players play out their contracts ALL the time... they call it 'betting on themselves', and they do this to secure a big contract, which X did.

But now she cries that it's not good enough, even though she received the largest contract for a CB in history when she signed it. But now she wants to blackmail the team and she is refusing to fulfill her end of the deal.

Be a man X, do what you agreed to do.
So why does X have to man up and honor his contract but it's OK for the team to cut KVN and not honor the contract?

This is a one sided league where the owners have pretty much all the leverage. X will never have another season like last year so he has to strike while the iron is hot. Holding out is the only leverage the players have. I don't like it, but I don't like that teams can just cut players and not have to honor the contract either.

Back
Top Bottom