Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach

Dolphins99Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres an idea I was thinking of after listening to some news on ESPN Radio..

First off, it has been stated that the Dolphins are looking for a 1st Rounder to any team that were to sign restricted Free Agent Adawale Ogonleye.

One of the teams interested in him are the Houston Texans, who possess the #10 pick.

Call me nuts but here's my suggestion..

Let Ogoneleye go to Houston for the #10 pick..

Turn and offer the pick, along with their second of the first rounders, #20 overall to San Diego for their #1 pick.

Am I insane, or does anyone else find this deal possible? The Chargers could get help on two fronts, while the Phins could get Manning..

Who says that Houston even wants O-Gun? Dude, pass the grass. You and a lot of other people on these boards have had way too much of it.

nobody knows if houstan wants ogun, but depending on the tender and his contract demands, they are one of several teams looking to upgrade the defense (specifically defensive line) and they will definitely look at ogun as an option.
they just happen to be the only team with a top 10 pick that could show legit interest, so since that would be the best option for miami, he used it in his example.

We could trade Ogunleye, Madison, and our #20 for San Diego's #1 overall. Their defense gets a boost, and we get our QB.

Crazy you say?? No, it's just that nobody is willing to do it because they are chick$hits!!! Do we really need Madison?? Is Ogunleye really that good, or is it because JT gets doubled teammed EVERY DAMN PASS PLAY!! We can fill these (2) voids and get a franchise QB NOW. "patch" QBs aren't working here, and it seems that nobody will be happy until we put up 30+ points every game on an avearge.

It would take a lot more than that to get the #1 pick. It'd probably cost us both of our 1st's, our 1st next year and then some.

Not really. It would cost three firsts probably to get the first overall. As for Ben Roethlisberger just two firsts.

Originally posted by chambers84
Do we really need Madison??

yes, who would play corner? certainly not a top ten CB in the nfl who knows the system as well as madison.

also, in order to make him tradeable hed have to restructure his contract drastically, and take a paycut...to go to a non-contender, just not likely

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
Heres an idea I was thinking of after listening to some news on ESPN Radio..

First off, it has been stated that the Dolphins are looking for a 1st Rounder to any team that were to sign restricted Free Agent Adawale Ogonleye.

One of the teams interested in him are the Houston Texans, who possess the #10 pick.

Call me nuts but here's my suggestion..

Let Ogoneleye go to Houston for the #10 pick..

Turn and offer the pick, along with their second of the first rounders, #20 overall to San Diego for their #1 pick.

Am I insane, or does anyone else find this deal possible? The Chargers could get help on two fronts, while the Phins could get Manning..
stranger things have happened in this league, but thats pretty wild!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom