Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach

No there is. It depends on Zona. Giants are going OL most probably and after that nobody wants QB until after the 10th pick. Zona is still very high on Josh McCown.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Your agreeing with me in a way :) I'm just saying cut out houston.

I know he's an RFA. He's free to take offers from other teams, but we have first rights to match that offer. IF he goes somewhere they are required to compensate us with picks.

BUT someone said we can't "trade' him. Which technically is correct. But if I remember correctly, we can "trade" the rights to another team (SD). He would in essence, be theirs. In doing so, they would have the right to match an offer made by another team. We can't trade a guy we don't have signed, but we can trade the right ot sign him. If we did that, SD would ahve the right to match an offer, else THEY would get the picks if he was traded away.

Ahh.. I dig what your saying..

Originally posted by Jaj
No there is. It depends on Zona. Giants are going OL most probably and after that nobody wants QB until after the 10th pick. Zona is still very high on Josh McCown.

Valid points, but with their mess at the QB position, I would suspect that the Browns might be in the market for a QB, unless the Couch situation totally bombed them against drafting a hot prospect QB.

Either way, if AZ IS sold on McCown, Cleveland goes another route, and the NYG picks an O-Line, I'd bet the farm a team like Pittsburgh or perhaps even the Dolphins trade up to get in to the top 10 and take Ben.

keep an eye on the giants, I live about 5 minutes from giants stadium and all i get is giants talk so i know that ernie acorsi has made it well known that he wants eli manning. If he can move up to get him, i think he will, also, he's not fond of drafting lineman high, even though it is a desperate need. Combine all that with andrews weight problems and that leaves them with gallery/trading up for manning/or going a different route (Sean Taylor, or trading down maybe)

lots of options for the giants, but their GM does want manning

Originally posted by Jaj
Hey rafael can you give me a link to this chart please.

I don't have a link. I just have one I printed out last year. If I can figure out how to scan it in I'll try to post it or email it or PM it or something. Fair warning I'm kind of a computer idiot.

Don't worry about it. I found it just now. It is a fantastic chart. If we were to nab a pick from 10-13, we could trade our two firsts for the 3rd overall to Arizona or the 4th to New York. That would nab Roethlisberger or Roy Williams or Robert Gallery.

Originally posted by chambers84
We could trade Ogunleye, Madison, and our #20 for San Diego's #1 overall. Their defense gets a boost, and we get our QB.

Now this is a little more in touch but the salaries are the prob.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
keep an eye on the giants, I live about 5 minutes from giants stadium and all i get is giants talk so i know that ernie acorsi has made it well known that he wants eli manning. If he can move up to get him, i think he will, also, he's not fond of drafting lineman high, even though it is a desperate need. Combine all that with andrews weight problems and that leaves them with gallery/trading up for manning/or going a different route (Sean Taylor, or trading down maybe)

lots of options for the giants, but their GM does want manning

this is also the other prob, that everyone in creation is looking for a QB and some 2 Qb's, like us.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Manning is out of our reach. He'll be tagged & cost way more than we can afford financially.

Yes we really do need Madison. The most important players on our D are Madison, Surtain, Taylor, & two big DTs.

gee thats funny, the one guy who was missing when we got blown out was Zach. I always thought Zach was the heart and soul of this defense. i guess not for you. i guess paying a guy 8 mil/yr to get burned on big plays is the bomb.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by m_churchill
I'd be more than overjoyed if we can find a way to get Ben Roslitheberger.

getting warmer.........

I'd be overjoyed if we could get this guy..

http://tulanegreenwave.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/losman_j.p.00.html

.P. Losman

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Venice, Calif.

High School:
Venice/UCLA

Height / Weight:
6-3 / 220

Position:
Quarterback

Birthdate:
03/12/1981

Experience:
4L

Major:
Classical Studies

2003: One of seven Finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award. Completed 251-of-422 passes for 3,077 yards with 33 TDs and 14 INTs, one of the top three seasons in TU history. Only QB in C-USA to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in passing (3,077) and total offense (3,157) this year. His 33 TD passes are second-highest TU single season total and are tied for 3rd in the country (through Nov. 24). Threw at least one TD pass in every game this year; nine games with more than one and seven with three or more. Recorded four straight 300-yard passing games to start the season. Brought Tulane back from a 28-14 deficit versus Miss. St. and finished with 349 yards, four TDs on 29-of-47 passing.

2002: With 230 completions in 401 attempts for 2,468 yards and 19 TDs, posted one of the top passing and total offense seasons in school history. Finished his first season as a starter with a victory in the Hawaii Bowl where he completed 20-of-39 passes for 240 yards, rushed for a pair of touchdowns and a two-point conversion and threw for another PAT. Completed 58% of his passes on the year and threw touchdown passes of 64 (vs. Southern Miss), 54 (vs. Navy), 43 (vs. ULM) and 44 (vs. Southern) yards. Finished the year with six rushing TDs. Threw 13 TD passes with just two interceptions and two 300-yard games during Tulane’s four-game winning streak. Gained more rushing yards (236) than anyone on the team except Mewelde Moore. Ranked fourth in Conference USA in passing efficiency and total offense. Hit Nick Narcisse with a season and career long 64-yard touchdown pass to seal the win over Southern Miss (11/23). Earned C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors after tying a TU school record with five TD passes while completing 25-of-35 passes for 329 yards versus Navy (10/26). Rushed for a score versus Army (11/16) while completing 24-of-40 passes. Had a pair of 300-yard passing games, versus Navy and UL-Monroe (10/5), when he completed 21-of-35 passes. Threw four touchdown passes at ULM. Completed 31-of-48 passes (both career highs) for 236 yards versus East Carolina (9/14) to record the ninth-most completions in Tulane history.

2001: Played in three games as the backup to NFL Draftee Patrick Ramsey. Made his only start of the year against Army (10/27) with Ramsey injured, tallying three touchdowns and 384 yards on 25-of-39 passing. Also had a three-yard touchdown jaunt. His 384 passing yards is the eighth-best single-game total in school history, bettered by just three quarterbacks all-time. Played late in the East Carolina game (9/8), connecting on three-of-four passes, including a 50-yard touchdown strike to Roydell Williams. Suffered a knee injury in practice during Tulane’s open week in September and missed the next two weeks of practice until returning to play against Army.

2000: Saw action in 10 games, completing 58-of-115 passes for 722 yards. Also rushed 59 times for 133 yards, third on the team. Was selected as the top freshman quarterback in Conference USA. Made his first career start against East Carolina (9/16), completing 20-of-35 passes for 299 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Ran for a pair of touchdowns in the win over Louisiana-Lafayette (10/7). Ran for a career-best 82 yards in the Army game (10/21). For much of the season, played several series per game, offering an alternate style to that of Patrick Ramsey.

1999: Redshirted due to NCAA transfer regulations, but did not lose a year of eligibility. Graduated early from high school and spent the Spring 1999 semester at UCLA before opting for Tulane

I think he's gonna be a better pro than Rivers and has all the tools to be a regular in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finfan54

this is also the other prob, that everyone in creation is looking for a QB and some 2 Qb's, like us.

ok, first of all, you might want to try using [ QUOTE ] insert their post here [ /B ][ /QUOTE ] in the future (no spaces btw) to avoid multiple postings.

Also, not very many teams are looking for a QB in the first round! Who do YOU think is ahead of us that is looking?

POSSIBLY SD, or Arz, but I think they'll stay where they are. Giants are a good possibility, GB will, but their below us, without the ammo to trade up, Raiders will probably stay with that guy with a horribly long name.

Fact is, very few teams are looking QB this draft. even less are ahead of us.

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
I'd be overjoyed if we could get this guy..

http://tulanegreenwave.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/losman_j.p.00.html

.P. Losman

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Venice, Calif.

High School:
Venice/UCLA

Height / Weight:
6-3 / 220

Position:
Quarterback

Birthdate:
03/12/1981

Experience:
4L

Major:
Classical Studies

2003: One of seven Finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award. Completed 251-of-422 passes for 3,077 yards with 33 TDs and 14 INTs, one of the top three seasons in TU history. Only QB in C-USA to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in passing (3,077) and total offense (3,157) this year. His 33 TD passes are second-highest TU single season total and are tied for 3rd in the country (through Nov. 24). Threw at least one TD pass in every game this year; nine games with more than one and seven with three or more. Recorded four straight 300-yard passing games to start the season. Brought Tulane back from a 28-14 deficit versus Miss. St. and finished with 349 yards, four TDs on 29-of-47 passing.

2002: With 230 completions in 401 attempts for 2,468 yards and 19 TDs, posted one of the top passing and total offense seasons in school history. Finished his first season as a starter with a victory in the Hawaii Bowl where he completed 20-of-39 passes for 240 yards, rushed for a pair of touchdowns and a two-point conversion and threw for another PAT. Completed 58% of his passes on the year and threw touchdown passes of 64 (vs. Southern Miss), 54 (vs. Navy), 43 (vs. ULM) and 44 (vs. Southern) yards. Finished the year with six rushing TDs. Threw 13 TD passes with just two interceptions and two 300-yard games during Tulane’s four-game winning streak. Gained more rushing yards (236) than anyone on the team except Mewelde Moore. Ranked fourth in Conference USA in passing efficiency and total offense. Hit Nick Narcisse with a season and career long 64-yard touchdown pass to seal the win over Southern Miss (11/23). Earned C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors after tying a TU school record with five TD passes while completing 25-of-35 passes for 329 yards versus Navy (10/26). Rushed for a score versus Army (11/16) while completing 24-of-40 passes. Had a pair of 300-yard passing games, versus Navy and UL-Monroe (10/5), when he completed 21-of-35 passes. Threw four touchdown passes at ULM. Completed 31-of-48 passes (both career highs) for 236 yards versus East Carolina (9/14) to record the ninth-most completions in Tulane history.

2001: Played in three games as the backup to NFL Draftee Patrick Ramsey. Made his only start of the year against Army (10/27) with Ramsey injured, tallying three touchdowns and 384 yards on 25-of-39 passing. Also had a three-yard touchdown jaunt. His 384 passing yards is the eighth-best single-game total in school history, bettered by just three quarterbacks all-time. Played late in the East Carolina game (9/8), connecting on three-of-four passes, including a 50-yard touchdown strike to Roydell Williams. Suffered a knee injury in practice during Tulane’s open week in September and missed the next two weeks of practice until returning to play against Army.

2000: Saw action in 10 games, completing 58-of-115 passes for 722 yards. Also rushed 59 times for 133 yards, third on the team. Was selected as the top freshman quarterback in Conference USA. Made his first career start against East Carolina (9/16), completing 20-of-35 passes for 299 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Ran for a pair of touchdowns in the win over Louisiana-Lafayette (10/7). Ran for a career-best 82 yards in the Army game (10/21). For much of the season, played several series per game, offering an alternate style to that of Patrick Ramsey.

1999: Redshirted due to NCAA transfer regulations, but did not lose a year of eligibility. Graduated early from high school and spent the Spring 1999 semester at UCLA before opting for Tulane

I think he's gonna be a better pro than Rivers and has all the tools to be a regular in the NFL.

Well the thing about Ryan Leaf........er Losman, is that his stats pale in comparison to Phillip Rivers. We won't need to move up to get EITHER of them. They are the exact opposites. Rivers doesn't have hte cannon, but has spot on passes, reads defenses extrememly well. Losman has a cannong, but not the accuracy of Rivers, and doens't read the game as well. Both will be available with our bottom pick, and i will be HUGELY disappointed if we take Losman over Rivers. IMO he has Leaf written all over him.

Back
Top Bottom