Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call me Crazy but I think Manning MAY be within reach

Originally posted by burghPhinFan

what bugs me is how far this team could've gone the past few years with a QB that was constantly in the 80-90's rating wise.
I think as good as Jay plyed at times, I also think he held the team back.
i don't think jay held us back as much as bates and the defense did at times!:rolleyes:

I think its worth it to get Manning even if it takes three first round picks. I'm wary of all this talk about him being a natural passer opposed to Peyton, and he doesn't study as much etc but still if he's just that good the #1 QB in the draft its worth it.

I've been lookin at all the #1 QBs from the last 10 years or so. Of the guys that were drafted pick #20 or above, only 2 have been busts...Shuler and Klingler. Jury is still out on Carr and Palmer, but the rest are guys like Manning, McNair, Pennington, Bledsoe, and Couch. Go back 20 years and sure you've got a Dan McGwire and a Jeff George but ya also got Elway, Everett, Aikman, and Testeverde.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think its worth it to get Manning even if it takes three first round picks. I'm wary of all this talk about him being a natural passer opposed to Peyton, and he doesn't study as much etc but still if he's just that good the #1 QB in the draft its worth it.

I've been lookin at all the #1 QBs from the last 10 years or so. Of the guys that were drafted pick #20 or above, only 2 have been busts...Shuler and Klingler. Jury is still out on Carr and Palmer, but the rest are guys like Manning, McNair, Pennington, Bledsoe, and Couch. Go back 20 years and sure you've got a Dan McGwire and a Jeff George but ya also got Elway, Everett, Aikman, and Testeverde.
with our luck, we'll get a shuler!:(

and he doesn't study as much
also from that article:
"When he came to the sideline after each offensinve series in the Cotton Bowl, there were no high-fives or chest bumps. He sat down, looked at photos from the previous series, talked on the headset to the coordinator in the booth and started making adjustments for the next set of downs. I almost could picture the suit and tie beneth his unifrom."

Back
Top Bottom