Calling Boomer and CK! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calling Boomer and CK!

scottieUK

Starter
Reaction score
Guys, can you give us your take on three players please? Let`s assume that Miami can`t trade the #1 pick, therefore taking either Jake Long, Chris Long or Matt Ryan. What are your opinions on each player? I`m leaning more towards Jake Long as Miami have been crying out for a LT for too long. However, I`ve heard he is more of a right tackle? I`ve also heard that at LT he only got beaten twice in college! Which is true? Who would you pick?

Thank for your time.

im no boom or ck by any means. however. yes he only got beat twice. also, only completed 2 penalties. i myself am lobbying for big jake. im tired of getting the o line close to being established. only to leave it at that.

Hey PLEEZHELPUSNICK,you might wanna change ur location lil bro,we're no longer in Iraq,and being how we were talkin about this yesterday,i agree with you,and i'm also hoping we pick up Jake Long.

A prospects skills set is more important than the number of sacks they gave up or the number of penalties they had in college.

You better be sure that he can handle the left side before you take him at number one overall.

Personally, I am not sure. Based on what I have seen I question his lateral movement skills and how well he will hold up against the bull rush. I do not believe he is an elite left tackle prospect.

Personally, he would not even be the highest rated tackle on my board. (I apologize for the initial typo (seen below). Sometimes people lose focus while doing this and work at the same time. That said, I am not sure that was more important that the substantive point I was making.)

I really want a left tackle, but, only take Long if he is the real deal. There seems to be a lot of doubters over your side of the pond. I`d love to see Miami lock up this positon for the next decade.

I want a left tackle too. Believe me. I have watched him over and over again trying to convince myself that he is what they say he is. I just can't do it. I just don't see that elite bookend that I saw when I watched Thomas and Ferguson.

A prospects skills set is more important than the number of sacks they gave up or the number of penalties they had in college.

You better be sure that he can handle the left side before you take him at number one overall.

Personally, I am not sure. Based on what I have seen I question his lateral movement skills and how well he will hold up against the bull rush. I do not believe he is an elite left tackle prospect.

Personally, he would not even be the highest rated tackle on my board. That would be Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan is the highest rated tackle on your board?:err:

Personally, he would not even be the highest rated tackle on my board. That would be Matt Ryan.[/quote]

:foundout:

I want a left tackle too. Believe me. I have watched him over and over again trying to convince myself that he is what they say he is. I just can't do it. I just don't see that elite bookend that I saw when I watched Thomas and Ferguson.

I`ll have to take your word on that, we don`t get college football on tv over here. Chris Long it is then with a LT with one of our second maybe?

I really want a left tackle, but, only take Long if he is the real deal. There seems to be a lot of doubters over your side of the pond. I`d love to see Miami lock up this positon for the next decade.

Jake Long is a Pro-Bowl talent...but on the right-side where he can maul and manhandle guys his own size

Little guys on the left (Speed and technique rushers) are gonna embarass him week after week.

Jake Long is a Pro-Bowl talent...but on the right-side where he can maul and manhandle guys his own size

Little guys on the left (Speed and technique rushers) are gonna embarass him week after week.

How come he didn't get embarrassed week after week while at Michigan? Why didn't Florida embarrass him? Why didn't Gholston embarrass him...one sack...in two years at LT...Two years at RT...Why didn't Texas embarrass him?

Look at teams he had to play year after year...and still only two sacks given up;

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Michigan.htm

No one says he's Pace...in fact he's more like Jumbo Elliot...and Jumbo has a Superbowl ring...and played well for Parcells and the Giants.

Playing left tackle in college is completely different than playing it in the NFL.

Beyond that, Gholston did embarrass him on at least three occasions. I do wonder what Gholston would have done to him if he didn't take so many plays off.

Lastly, you made my point with Jumbo Elliot. He was taken in the second round for a reason. He was a second round talent. Long is similar. He is not a second round talent, but he is not an elite talent either. Long's transition to the next level really concerns me.

How come he didn't get embarrassed week after week while at Michigan? Why didn't Florida embarrass him? Why didn't Gholston embarrass him...one sack...in two years at LT...Two years at RT...Why didn't Texas embarrass him?

Look at teams he had to play year after year...and still only two sacks given up;

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Michigan.htm

No one says he's Pace...in fact he's more like Jumbo Elliot...and Jumbo has a Superbowl ring...and played well for Parcells and the Giants.

Actually, the game I studies (Illinois) he did get embarassed play after play after play.

I also saw him clear guys out completely on the run. Which is the talent he will carry into the pros...which is why he projects as an elite Right tackle

Back
Top Bottom