Calvin Pace Update | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

looks like an all michigan draft.. long henne with crable or manningham at 2b.. all needs for miami

Hines,Coles and Mason all went up against the opposing teams best corner every week and not their nickle(third corner),BIG DIFFERENCE..........

He still out performed any second receiver in the league.
Do we down Reggie Wayne for the same thing.
No second or third receiver has ever had that type of season so he was doing something right.

Well if the Jets wanted him that bad, then let them have him. They are willing to spend that $$ because they want to try and start contending now. I would have liked to get Pace, but not at the contract he ended up with (or even close to that). I know there are reports that we supposedly offered anywhere from 15-20mil. guaranteed. I probably would have been OK with 15, but no way the $$ he ended up getting. I'm just fine with re-building and missing out on a guy that ??? deserved the highest contract in LB history. All I have to say is if the Jets don't make the playoffs this year, heads will roll up there. Our way won't turn it around as fast, but it will make us a better team over the long run. Hopefully we can find a good option in the draft.

Glad we'll have money in the future to spend when the Jets will be deciding on which high priced player to cut to get under the cap.

Rotoworld:
A deal that would've sent Jets DT Dewayne Robertson to the Bengals in exchange for fourth- and fifth-round picks has reportedly been called off.

It's the second deal for a big interior tackle Cincinnati has missed out on. It's believed the trade hinged on Robertson agreeing to a long-term contract with the Bengals. The Jets will likely continue to shop the 26-year-old.

What happen is the jets can't trade him??

We are clueless yet are a year removed from 10 wins and a playoff berth while that team in Miami w/ a clue hasn't even competed for a playoff berth since '02, hasn't made the playoffs since '01 and hasn't won a playoff game since '00. :lol:

You speak of the short term, as displayed in my sig, the Jets have sustained failure over a long period of time, evidenced by the franchises losing record and inability to reach the big game since the NFL merged into its current self.

But that is off subject, the Jets moves this off-season wreak of a coach and staff that is feeling the heat and is desperate, severly overpaying for older players past their prime and in the case of Pace, a guy who does nothing for years until his contract year, then has a decent, not great year.

I admit to wanting him for less money, it would have made draft day a tad more flexible for that 1st pick, but no way for that kind of contract, this guy is a gamble and you just have this feeling in the gut he will go back to his normal level of play once he gets his money, as Woody did after Detroit paid him.

Your probably going to see Mangigit and staff get blown out in a season or two, then he team will be left in cap hell by these desperate moves.

Because they have Tom Brady. Who is your QB? My god, some poeple just never get it! they made a huge run at players because they knew they could put together an unstoppable offense. well, problem is, in this league, someone starts figuring it all out.

We may still lose to the Jets this year, but I can promise you one thing, your still likely to lose to the Bills and Patriots and any other team with a QB thats twice as good as yours.

They had Tom Brady for years and never overpaid and were successful.

You can whine all you want about how we'll lose to the Bills but we'll see what happens.

lets put it this way

Did the jets just get lawrence Taylor? Not a friggin chance! and make no mistake, we screwed up on Porter.

I bet if you guys signed him you'd see LT comparisons. We got alot better the past few days, no we didn't sign LT. LT would never m ake it to FA, we signed a 1 year wonder who we are banking on is going to continue getting better. NE did the same thing last year w/ Adalius Thomas and it didn't work out, hopefully it does.

Exposed as what, he was a damn good receiver last year and you can watch at times he was being double covered in the super bowl and still was making plays. If Moss meant so much how come Stallworth did not break out. You know he did average slightly more than TJ Housmanzadah per catch. Hines Ward and Derrick Mason averaged the same. Coles only averaged 11 and a half. Welker deserves all the respect in the world for what he did last season.

he's a GOOD WR who put up excellent #s b/c D's were petrified of other Pats weapons. If he was playing w/o Moss he'd still put up his pathetic 10 yards per catch but have many less recs and TDs.

Hines,Coles and Mason all went up against the opposing teams best corner every week and not their nickle(third corner),BIG DIFFERENCE..........

Good point and those guys had BAD years while Wes averaged similar and had a great year.

22 million dollars guarenteed to Calvin Pace.

Haha, take him.

Briggs got 12 million.

Rediculiously overpaying, typical J-E-T-S move.

Mabey if they didnt trade Vilma for a 4th round pick they wouldent have to dish out this kind of cash.

Is it really typical? that's funny since we never go after big money FAs but if you say it's typical it must be:lol:

We aren't over-paying for them. Your FO is putting your teams long term success in jeopardy IMO. We are getting short term players that know a system to try and compete this year. We don't have a player on our team from the 98 draft to the 04 draft. We are getting short term starters and YOUNG players to learn while the Fergusons play their roles as band-aids. You guys are getting old players and giving everyone 10+ mill gauranteed like it's nothing. If you guys have so much money please send me some. I would be happy with 1 mill and I'm only 30.:lol:

You bare paying almost the same for Smiley as we are paying for Woody.

I never said you haven't had a good offseason, I like some of your moves but another poster mentioned how the guys you signed were more proven than the guys we signed and that is asinine. We have had 2 different approaches this offseason, to be honest I like your approach better but I am also excited we are trying something a little different. We have the cap room and we are using it.

heh w/e good for him...we saved a lot of money

The Jets have had an outstanding off-season so far. I hate them but it is what it is. I think they overpaid for Pace but thats neither here nor there. WE have to be concerned about how we rebuild and get better through free agency and the draft. We have done some good things so far...its a long process. I am not into ripping other teams FA or draft...think we have to worry about our own back yard.

Good for Pace and the Jets....Ireland will be able to find players that fit the same exact mold in the draft. You have Blake, Avril, and quite a few others that fit the mold of DE/OLB rusher. It will just take a little more developing than what Pace would...and much less money!

They had 40 mil in cap space BEFORE the FA period. Trading Vilma and releasing McCareins freed up more space. And when they trade D-Slob, that frees up another 9 mil.:woot:
Looks like you have to change your avatar now.:tongue:

One league source expressed to us in the wake of the signings of Woody, Calvin Pace, and Alan Faneca and the trade and new contract for defensive tackle Kris Jenkins that these moves smack of desperation by a coaching staff and a front office that fear a rash of pink slips if the green and white don’t win a lot of games in 2008.

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Back
Top Bottom