Calvin Pace Update | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

Pace was DEFINITELY not worth the type of money thrown at him. Plus the guy had one good season out of how many and now he's a superstar?! I don't buy it. Just goes to show how thin the FA pool is

We will contend next year too. Their guys are actually more unproven than our FA signings. The differance is ours has actually played in our system before. That IMO is better than just reaching for every big name and overpaying them. BTW our best signing were the coaching staff and FO. And everyone knows what they can do with new teams. We are still the winners and the draft and cap casualty cuts haven't even started yet.

Unproven? Faneca, pro-bowler
Jenkins, pro-bowler
Pace, thrived once he started playing in the 3-4
Woody, definitely the biggest ? mark that we signed, time will tell

The Jets have had an outstanding off-season so far. I hate them but it is what it is. I think they overpaid for Pace but thats neither here nor there. WE have to be concerned about how we rebuild and get better through free agency and the draft. We have done some good things so far...its a long process. I am not into ripping other teams FA or draft...think we have to worry about our own back yard.

You guys have made more of a splash then most critics are willing to admit, your biggest additions have been by subtraction, and then the coach and management changes. Your building very smartly and wise. The AFC East is going to be hard in the next couple of years, i for one am crazy hyped about that!

If Miami was really tearing a program down and rebuilding it, they would be doing it with draft picks. I'm a Jets fan, and I have alot of respect for Bill Parcells. However, if you look at Bill Parcells history he builds programs to win now. I don't know how you can think that his recent moves are to win at any other time than right away. Bill Parcells does not equal long term happiness for the football fan of any franchise. He has a proven history of getting bored with teams, and I don't think any football fan that was in the know would dispute that.

How much younger did the dolphins get this offseason????? they picked up young cheap talent and they have a nice load of picks to work with in the draft, although all of us would still like more. Yes he went to the Jets and he build that team to win immediately, but look at the other franchises he setup. New England was pretty much from the ground up, their core for the Super Bowl years were from his beginnings there. So that equals long term success. How young are the Cowboys right now? Would you say they are setup nicely, with a young nucleus, for long term success? I see younger teams with nice longevity right there. Will it work here who knows, but his past indicates that teams typically get setup for the long term with him.

Well jenkins actually has had more problems than Furgeson over the years and lacks consistency. Smiley is younger and a lot more upside than being on the downside of his career like fanaeca. Hey NY Jet fan.. hows it working with trying to unload mr. 9 million a year nrobertson ..lol Welcome to cap hell...:hi5::lol::kick:

You guys have made more of a splash then most critics are willing to admit, your biggest additions have been by subtraction, and then the coach and management changes. Your building very smartly and wise. The AFC East is going to be hard in the next couple of years, i for one am crazy hyped about that!
Bro I believe a good draft will set a good foundation for the 09 draft and free agency, and we will be right back in the thick of things. I think New England has fallen back a bit, the Bills, and the Jets are improving, so things will get alot more competitive in the next year or so.

Unproven? Faneca, pro-bowler
Jenkins, pro-bowler
Pace, thrived once he started playing in the 3-4
Woody, definitely the biggest ? mark that we signed, time will tell

Myself, I think Jenkins is the bigger question mark. I've read that he can be lazy at times. If so, at least playing in a 4-3 he had support right next to him. Playing NT he won't have that same support. On the other hand, even though Woody has had some motivational issues in the past, playing next to those other guys on the line ought to...I guess inspire him? That's my thought anyway. So I suppose I'm saying that if any of those 4 don't work out, my opinion is that it would be Jenkins.
Faneca and Pace? Great pick ups; no question.

Well jenkins actually has had more problems than Furgeson over the years and lacks consistency. Smiley is younger and a lot more upside than being on the downside of his career like fanaeca. Hey NY Jet fan.. hows it working with trying to unload mr. 9 million a year nrobertson ..lol Welcome to cap hell...:hi5::lol::kick:

Jenkins has missed 1 game in two years, not a problem. Cap hell will be decided in a couple of days!

The Jets have had an outstanding off-season so far. I hate them but it is what it is. I think they overpaid for Pace but thats neither here nor there. WE have to be concerned about how we rebuild and get better through free agency and the draft. We have done some good things so far...its a long process. I am not into ripping other teams FA or draft...think we have to worry about our own back yard.

We dont know how good it is at the mo. I think Pace will be a superstar at OLB. If he is then they didn't over pay. Did they get Faneca too. He would have been great to us, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be great for them. I think that Smiley was better than either Pace or Faneca for the Fins. Let us not get too carried away with what the Jets got. They paid a **** load of bucks to get two better than average players. BP would not do a deal. Why!.. Because they were not worth it.

The QB situation was brough up by a FIns fan first. Those deals were not all short term, we are gearing up for a long haul, next we will resign Rhodes.

We'll drop the qb subject as we're both pretty much going to piss in the wind on that one:lol: My biggest question with the jets signings is what they spent on the guard position. I truly think they overpaid for Faneca, someone would've done it if the Jets didn't, but moreso Woody. He isn't worth a gum ball and lint filled condom. I just think they locked up to much money in two older players with one having questionable desire. Besides that I think Pace will be good for the team.

If the Jets finish say 6-10 next season will Mangini be shown the door given all the money the Jets have spent this off-season? I would have to say yes.

the jets have no running back yet and they dont have a good QB, so they spend alot of money on guys who have been hurt

the jets have no running back yet and they dont have a good QB, so they spend alot of money on guys who have been hurt

Thomas Jones ran for over 1000 behind one of the worst OL in the league last season. Leon Washington has an incredible amount of big play potential. If you've watched the Jets vs. Phins games you would know that.

Just watch and see what happens if they actually have holes to run through next season.

Back
Top Bottom