Calvin Pace Update | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

You can laugh all you want,but the Jets have two QB's better than anything the Fins can field at the moment,and that includes noodle arm Pennington.

And the Oscar for most obvious statement goes to.....
So what? again, what is it with you jets fans? is that what you aspire to? Making 1 more PO game than a hapless dolphins team, having a QB who's slightly less pathetic than ours. good for you. I guess those kind of standards is what's made your Franchise one of the 5 worst of the last half century..

22 million dollars guarenteed to Calvin Pace.

Haha, take him.

Briggs got 12 million.

Rediculiously overpaying, typical J-E-T-S move.

Mabey if they didnt trade Vilma for a 4th round pick they wouldent have to dish out this kind of cash.

You don't know much about the Jets do you..

And the Oscar for most obvious statement goes to.....
So what? again, what is it with you jets fans? is that what you aspire to? Making 1 more PO game than a hapless dolphins team, having a QB who's slightly less pathetic than ours. good for you. I guess those kind of standards is what's made your Franchise one of the 5 worst of the last half century..

Someone seems a little cranky. :lol:

just another reason to hate the jets, as if we need one more

On NFL Network, they had the list and showed the money dished out.

Faneca 48 mil
Woody 12 mil
Jenkins 20 mil
Pace 42 mil

they just spent 120 mil people on four guys who dont play QB. Maybe I am a hypocrite, but what the hell people! This is hilarious when you see the look at Mangenius on the sideline kissing his *** goodbye! hahahahahahaha!

oh Im sorry, Woody's deal is 25.5 mil. sorry i was wrong....

Robertson trade not happenin....looks like the jets are stuck with him.

Nah not really not the way that the cap is going up every year.

These are good signings for them

Pace got paid, guess what that happens to young talents in FA.

One signing they did go overboard was the Faneca Deal IMO

Good signings, yes. Overpaid, yes.

And yes, the cap does go up, but that's not the reason teams should over pay for decent talent.

You don't pay $20M in signing bonus to Calvin Pace. You pay it Big Ben, Peyton or other elite QBs. Maybe Moss after this year. But, DEFINITELY not Calvin Pace. All this does is inflate the market based on future (hopeful) results, not recent on the field results.

$10 - $12M signing bonus could be justified. Not $20M. It was a bad move.

On NFL Network, they had the list and showed the money dished out.

Faneca 48 mil
Woody 12 mil
Jenkins 20 mil
Pace 42 mil

they just spent 120 mil people on four guys who dont play QB. Maybe I am a hypocrite, but what the hell people! This is hilarious when you see the look at Mangenius on the sideline kissing his *** goodbye! hahahahahahaha!

Who is your QB again? Talk to me when you spend another 2nd round pick on a QB 2 years in a row!

Our FO is trying to do something this year, i for one am extremely happy, even if we did overpay, they are making moves! You would be happy too.

Your FO is doing their thing, ours is doing something different, no reason to assume one team did better than the other, season is a long way away.

Good luck the rest of the off-season.

Good signings, yes. Overpaid, yes.

And yes, the cap does go up, but that's not the reason teams should over pay for decent talent.

You don't pay $20M in signing bonus to Calvin Pace. You pay it Big Ben, Peyton or other elite QBs. Maybe Moss after this year. But, DEFINITELY not Calvin Pace. All this does is inflate the market based on future (hopeful) results, not recent on the field results.

$10 - $12M signing bonus could be justified. Not $20M. It was a bad move.

Supply and demand, thats the way it works. You snooze, you lose.

well it just didn't work out the way we our FA wanted it to.

So congrats to the Jets, I think you guys got a good player. Overpaid, but you gotta sometimes to get the guys you want and be competitive.

Good news for us, is that it keeps the door open to draft Chris Long.

well it just didn't work out the way we our FA wanted it to.

So congrats to the Jets, I think you guys got a good player. Overpaid, but you gotta sometimes to get the guys you want and be competitive.

Good news for us, is that it keeps the door open to draft Chris Long.

Long is going to be a beast, i am jealous that you guys might get him!

Who is your QB again? Talk to me when you spend another 2nd round pick on a QB 2 years in a row!

Our FO is trying to do something this year, i for one am extremely happy, even if we did overpay, they are making moves! You would be happy too.

Your FO is doing their thing, ours is doing something different, no reason to assume one team did better than the other, season is a long way away.

Good luck the rest of the off-season.

In all honesty you shouldn't talk about anyones qb situation, but your own. In regards to the off season/FA, I completely agree with you. The Jets are aiming for the short term right now with moves that will help them for the next three years then they will have to do it over again. Miami is tearing a program down and rebuilding it from the ground up in which it will pay big dividens in 2yrs and we should be more competetive in the long run for this model. It's instant gratification vs long term happiness.

In all honesty you shouldn't talk about anyones qb situation, but your own. In regards to the off season/FA, I completely agree with you. The Jets are aiming for the short term right now with moves that will help them for the next three years then they will have to do it over again. Miami is tearing a program down and rebuilding it from the ground up in which it will pay big dividens in 2yrs and we should be more competetive in the long run for this model. It's instant gratification vs long term happiness.

The QB situation was brough up by a FIns fan first. Those deals were not all short term, we are gearing up for a long haul, next we will resign Rhodes.

If Miami was really tearing a program down and rebuilding it, they would be doing it with draft picks. I'm a Jets fan, and I have alot of respect for Bill Parcells. However, if you look at Bill Parcells history he builds programs to win now. I don't know how you can think that his recent moves are to win at any other time than right away. Bill Parcells does not equal long term happiness for the football fan of any franchise. He has a proven history of getting bored with teams, and I don't think any football fan that was in the know would dispute that.

Back
Top Bottom