Cam Smith vs Kohou | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Smith vs Kohou

True, but I bet he plays some corner if Kader goes down or Cam can't see the field.

I think Needham will be good at saftey. He's also a great nickle so the switch to box saftey isn't that big of a move. I doubt we see him playing the deep saftey role very often.

I actually like him in fs role with poyer as SS and Holland in the box playing Kyle Hamilton role

We have a pretty steep investment in Cam so he will have every opportunity to prove that he belongs. I hope we can find some packages initially where he has less responsibility so he is set up to suceed. The kid needs snaps and some confidence. I'm surprised Cam didn't see the field much more because Grier usually insists that his high draft choices play a lot. I wonder if Fangio refused and it became an issue? Regardless, VF is out and Weaver will either unlock what this kid has and make him a player or not, we'll see pretty soon. Did Cam do anything in the off season to improve his strength or technique?

I have a gut feeling we will resign Howard but wouldn't surprise me if Smith our #3 CB. We got talent if people get hurt. That's one thing I like about are team. We got decent Depth. Something we been lacking for years.

I have a gut feeling we will resign Howard but wouldn't surprise me if Smith our #3 CB. We got talent if people get hurt. That's one thing I like about are team. We got decent Depth. Something we been lacking for years.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

That's not gonna happen.

They handed No.25 to Jaylen Wright. And while they could certainly switch Wright’s number to something else if you re-signed Howard, I’m not sure you would’ve reassigned that number so quickly if there was a chance at a reunion.

I was a big X fan so I’d be happy to see him back, if he was brought back on the cheap. I’d feel better about that room for sure, provided he checks out physically.

It would be ironic if we signed him after June 1st, with the money we got for releasing him as a June 1st cut.

For him to still be a FA at this point, he either wants too much money or can’t run. Every team in the league could use an Xavien Howard, if he can still play. So it’s sketchy that he’s still a FA.

I’m excited for Cam Smith’s chance to play though. That preseason shoulder injury derailed his rookie year.

They handed No.25 to Jaylen Wright. And while they could certainly switch Wright’s number to something else if you re-signed Howard, I’m not sure you would’ve reassigned that number so quickly if there was a chance at a reunion.

I was a big X fan so I’d be happy to see him back, if he was brought back on the cheap. I’d feel better about that room for sure, provided he checks out physically.

It would be ironic if we signed him after June 1st, with the money we got for releasing him as a June 1st cut.

For him to still be a FA at this point, he either wants too much money or can’t run. Every team in the league could use an Xavien Howard, if he can still play. So it’s sketchy that he’s still a FA.

I’m excited for Cam Smith’s chance to play though. That preseason shoulder injury derailed his rookie year.
It's X ofc he wants the bank, always has

I don't see it as Cam v Kader.

Kader is at his best as a slot cover, near the LOS. I know some ppl think that is somewhat of a less demanding position, but my opinion is it is a little different Skillset required.

Smith in the slot would likely be a disaster. The best attribute he showed last preseason was his ability to react and close. Quite different than jam and shadow, where KK excels.
This^

It's X ofc he wants the bank, always has
X "burned the boats" on the way out of Miami, I wish him nothing but good fortune in future endeavors, but he's not coming back. I appreciate the "bet on yourself" mentality, but 2023 was not his best work, he's about to get an OBJ sized wake-up call $$$- wise

I don't see it as Cam v Kader.

Kader is at his best as a slot cover, near the LOS. I know some ppl think that is somewhat of a less demanding position, but my opinion is it is a little different Skillset required.

Smith in the slot would likely be a disaster. The best attribute he showed last preseason was his ability to react and close. Quite different than jam and shadow, where KK excels.
Good point about different positions different skill sets. The same position name can have different responsibilities and needed skill sets in different schemes.
Turns out, these play books can get complicated.

Back
Top Bottom