Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

Skylar and White both have decent backup potential. The only circumstance, I want to see them get a lot of playing time is:
1. Pre-season
2. When we are up by 4 TDs in many games and Tua is resting comfortably on the sidelines.

Skylar and White both have decent backup potential. The only circumstance, I want to see them get a lot of playing time is:
1. Pre-season
2. When we are up by 4 TDs in many games and Tua is resting comfortably on the sidelines.
I think you could see both be a part of the team and practice squad. :ffic:

Next you will tell me that Asians are smarter than other people and white men cant jump...
Actually I’m not gonna tell you anything.

Doesn’t sound like your open to a conversation on the topic.

Stereotypes aside, what credible research can you point to contradicting genetics role in sports injuries?
Im saying this is a slippery slope we are on right now.

If you can isolate a gene that proves athletes are more prone to certain types of injury than others, you may as well test for it and eliminate that athlete from consideration for employment.

If the argument is that the body does not produce adequate collagen to prevent an ACL injury, how on earth does that equate to being inclined to suffer concussions more readily?

When an athlete has injuries to a specific muscle, ligament, or tendon, I can see the possibility of genetics being a cause, as well as malnutrition, or improper rehab. Re-injuring a pre-existing condition is commonplace. Genetic deficiencies are common in other areas as well.

But my issue here, is how this all pertains to Tua.

The kid hasnt injured the same body part twice in his career, with the exception of his concussion issues last year. Cartilage issues dont force a femur to blast through a hip socket. Cartilage issues dont prevent a brain from being concussed.

This Injury prone debate has been spurred by people who simply dont like the kid, and im ****ing sick of it.

Show me that Tua has a genetic propensity for injury and I might consider it. Until then people need to stfu about it.

EDIT: After thinking about this more, I would be more tolerable of people calling Tua "Reckless", rather than injury prone. I just dont think his size or genetic make up have anything to do with his injuries.

Last edited:

If you can isolate a gene that proves athletes are more prone to certain types of injury than others, you may as well test for it and eliminate that athlete from consideration for employment.

If the argument is that the body does not produce adequate collagen to prevent an ACL injury, how on earth does that equate to being inclined to suffer concussions more readily?

When an athlete has injuries to a specific muscle, ligament, or tendon, I can see the possibility of genetics being a cause, as well as malnutrition, or improper rehab. Re-injuring a pre-existing condition is commonplace. Genetic deficiencies are common in other areas as well.

The kid hasnt injured the same body part twice in his career, with the exception of his concussion issues last year. Cartilage issues dont force a femur to blast through a hip socket. Cartilage issues dont prevent a brain from being concussed.

This Injury prone debate has been spurred by people who simply dont like the kid, and im ****ing sick of it.

Show me that Tua has a genetic propensity for injury and I might consider it. Until then people need to stfu about it.

EDIT: After thinking about this more, I would be more tolerable of people calling Tua "Reckless", rather than injury prone. I just dont think his size or genetic make up have anything to do with his injuries.
Our QB has a major propensity to holding onto the football too long which directly contributes to his injuries. I don’t know if that’s genetic, you’ll have to ask his parents, but it’s been his issue since Bama. Some of you have entirely too much time on your hands.

Our QB has a major propensity to holding onto the football too long which directly contributes to his injuries. I don’t know if that’s genetic, you’ll have to ask his parents, but it’s been his issue since Bama. Some of you have entirely too much time on your hands.
Welcome to the board! It appears you have some time on your hands as well! (I think it took me about 3 years to break the 1k post mark, so congrats!)

Holding the ball too long can be coached out of him, hence, not genetic.

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
it's too bad you doubt this kid right off the bat. Earl moral was instrumental in us going undefeated, I doubt many (and I was one) thought we were going far with him. The fact is none of us know, the pity is most of us are hateful and don't give anybody the benefit of the doubt. I don't consider you a good Dolphin fan.

No. He's trash. We need Tua to have a chance at anything significant. He's worse than Bridgewater.

That's the case with most starting QBs in the league though.
Trash does trash so I'll take your word for it

Welcome to the board! It appears you have some time on your hands as well! (I think it took me about 3 years to break the 1k post mark, so congrats!)

Holding the ball too long can be coached out of him, hence, not genetic.
FYI I was here almost 20 years before I was banned for getting into it with a bunch of Tua trolls. As far as your post is concerned I will say “DUH.” It was satire.

I’m a fan of Tua’s and want him to succeed. To be clear, I wasn’t making a point specifically about Tua, or his injuries.

What I did do was share scientific clinical research in rebuttal to the blanket comment athletes are not prone to injury, since these studies suggest genetics do play apart in overall risk.

Your fourth paragraph about general causation/correlation really is most germane to the conversation I hoped would spark.

Agree it’s a slippery slope.

As it stands…if Tua goes down again?

I don’t see Mike White getting it done….

The only hope would be a 2nd year lightbulb going on in Skylar Thompson or a Brady return!
I think this defense could be good enough to carry the team. I think maybe that’s also the thinking in pursuing Dalvin Cook. If the QB goes down run the ball and play elite defense. Kind of like the 49ers with Garapolo.

Back
Top Bottom