Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

Everyone has an opinion you just happen to be wrong. Brady looked old and washed last year and you want him in Miami? Mike White may or may not be the answer but he has a really good skillset and is a good fit for this offense. I love Tua and hope we see neither of them.
Why do you think his skillset is good for this offense?

Hmmmm, giving up on players after only a few games, wonder how that works out in the NFL? All good. We can disagree. I think Skyler was sooo good in the preseason, and did pretty decent being thrown into a few games in the regular season where coach didn't adjust **** for him or his style that he deserves another look. (With an adjusted game plan that is)I think he may have performed better had coach had a better game plan for him. Just what I think.
I agree. It just cracks me up how we must have patience with Tua but Skylar can’t play. Hilarious.

Thompson is clearly the #2.
If White is playing, its doubtful the Fins could beat playoff teams

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
SF was the only one that could contend without their starting QB. None of the other big boys can contend without their starter. Once every 30 years you get a Jeff Hostetler or Nick Foles. Every one in the same boat.

Mike White was considered by everyone on this site as a shitty Jets backup, that we would love to face any Sunday a year ago.

He signs with the Dolphins and half the site thinks he can lead the team into contention.

We have to be the most biased, delusional fanbase there is.

Mike White is an upgrade over Sylar, but that's not saying much. Skylar was awful.

If Tua gets hurt again, I'm done with Tua, he can kick rocks and I'm gonna be leading the Brady to Miami narrative HARD!
I agree. Most here somehow love white now despite what you point out. I'd be done with Tua too if he gets hurt and misses enough of the season to **** us but I sure as **** am not hoping Brady comes here.

Okay I'll ask you this, would you rather win a Superbowl with Brady or suck with Mike White?

Superbowls are my goal, I don't care if a former division rival helps us get it or not.

If your willing to miss a Superbowl bc you hate a particular player, I'd call that a bad fan 100% of the time.
He must have hated our team when Chad Pennington played QB for us! Lol

Lmao. What the hell makes people think there is no such thing as an injury prone player? I never understood how people can say these things with a straight face and actually believe that? 🤣

Lmao. What the hell makes people think there is no such thing as an injury prone player? I never understood how people can say these things with a straight face and actually believe that? 🤣
There is no such thing as "Injury prone"

That line of thinking got people tossed into volcanos to appease angry gods.

Unless there is an underlying condition which causes someone to suffer injury more easily, ie. osteoporosis, everyone has the same chance of being injured given identical mechanics of the fall.

There are people that are more inclined to injure themselves due to being clumsy or careless, but that is not the case here.

Perpetuating the "Injury prone" moniker is careless fearmongering.

Toss your virigins into the volcano, proclaim the earth is flat. Science says otherwise.

I’m ignorant on the subject and trying to learn.

There does appear evidence from credible sources that certain athletes are in fact at higher risk than others.

https://journals.lww.com/cjsportsme...ning_Age_of_Genetic_Testing_for_Sports.1.aspx

Advancements in genetic testing to help reduce sports injuries suggest markers exist—like collagen production, for example—which may effect susceptibility.

Last edited:
All I want for Christmas is a full year of Tua starting..Skylar and White can battle it out for mop up duty.
🐻

I’m ignorant on the subject and trying to learn.

There does appear evidence from credible sources that certain athletes are in fact at higher risk than others.

https://journals.lww.com/cjsportsme...ning_Age_of_Genetic_Testing_for_Sports.1.aspx

Advancements in genetic testing to help reduce sports injuries suggest markers exist—like collagen production, for example—which may effect susceptibility.
Interesting article. Not sure the dataset is large enough to draw many conclusions, but it does point out that no single mutation or varient would have much specific effect. Evolutionary timescales, though?

Back
Top Bottom