Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

Mike White was considered by everyone on this site as a shitty Jets backup, that we would love to face any Sunday a year ago.

He signs with the Dolphins and half the site thinks he can lead the team into contention.

We have to be the most biased, delusional fanbase there is.

Mike White is an upgrade over Sylar, but that's not saying much. Skylar was awful.

If Tua gets hurt again, I'm done with Tua, he can kick rocks and I'm gonna be leading the Brady to Miami narrative HARD!

and I'll be leading the charge to get rid of you on FH.

You typed that crap on a Dolphins message board. You just showed your true colors and they aren't aqua and orange.

GTFO.

giphy.gif

and I'll be leading the charge to get rid of you on FH.

You typed that crap on a Dolphins message board. You just showed your true colors and they aren't aqua and orange.

GTFO.
Why am I not a Dolphins fan? I want us to win a Superbowl, Brady gives us a better shot than Mike White. That's not even up for debate.

Why am I not a Dolphins fan? I want us to win a Superbowl, Brady gives us a better shot than Mike White. That's not even up for debate.

You're not a Dolphins fan in my eyes. Absolute garbage posts by you.

And this isn't the right website for you.

You should put me on ignore now.

Integrity isn't for sale.

At least we would be in a position to draft a bigger and more durable QB.

(I'm in my flame protection gear) :EVL:
A ball gag, speculum and assless chaps are not flame protection gear......... More like proper attire for a "dinner party" with @circumstances ......

This is why I believe that it’s going to be competition for QB2. Their stats are pretty identical really and your point about Skylar having had the pressure experiences - and getting us in - no matter how ugly - is something that can build confidence. Mike White has no experience in high stakes situations. We might be underestimating what that can do for a player in Skylar’s case. And not a dig at Waddle - because I love him - but he did drop 3 long balls - 1 on like the first play of the game at Buffalo. Those chunk plays could have swung the game
Yes sir, and I didn't even mention the drops from Waddle but your right, those could have totally swung the game as well.

You're not a Dolphins fan in my eyes. Absolute garbage posts by you.

And this isn't the right website for you.

You should put me on ignore now.

Integrity isn't for sale.
Okay I'll ask you this, would you rather win a Superbowl with Brady or suck with Mike White?

Superbowls are my goal, I don't care if a former division rival helps us get it or not.

If your willing to miss a Superbowl bc you hate a particular player, I'd call that a bad fan 100% of the time.

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
I know I am late to the thread here. But... Mike White made a name for himself in NY before he got his ribs broken and became the popular quarterback. Played his ass off. But young. As is Skyler Thompson. As rookies or young players gathering experience, it's doubtful they can "carry" the team for the distance.

And I know this is not an apples to apples comparison, but if I am not mistaken, the Fins went to 2 Superbowls in their history with backup quarterbacks leading thru major parts of the season... Earl Morral and David Woodley. So with all the other components in place, why not again?

Okay I'll ask you this, would you rather win a Superbowl with Brady or suck with Mike White?

Superbowls are my goal, I don't care if a former division rival helps us get it or not.

If your willing to miss a Superbowl bc you hate a particular player, I'd call that a bad fan 100% of the time.

Easiest question I've ever been asked.

If Tom Brady were the Dolphins QB I'd root for nothing but sacks on every play. I'd rather watch him get crushed than complete a pass to Jaylen Waddle.

I would NEVER raise my arms in joy for a TB pass, outside of his last pass in Foxboro that was a pick 6.

Keep in mind this douche bag threw three picks in the NFCC game with Tampa and still got to play in a Super Bowl because Rodgers choked. Acting like we would he handed a SB title is ridiculous in itself. He's almost 46.

You can't change the DNA of a true fan. A true fan would never under any circumstance want to see their arch rival on their team. NEVER.

Integrity isn't for sale. As if winning a Super Bowl with Tom Brady would bring joy to an actual Dolphins fan.

Its a sickening thought.

Drew Bledsoe was a particular player. Tom Brady is an arch nemesis. You need to do some soul searching and stand for something.

I know I am late to the thread here. But... Mike White made a name for himself in NY before he got his ribs broken and became the popular quarterback. Played his ass off. But young. As is Skyler Thompson. As rookies or young players gathering experience, it's doubtful they can "carry" the team for the distance.

And I know this is not an apples to apples comparison, but if I am not mistaken, the Fins went to 2 Superbowls in their history with backup quarterbacks leading thru major parts of the season... Earl Morral and David Woodley. So with all the other components in place, why not again?
I've seen this comp a couple times now, but I don't think it's particularly relevant. In that era, QBs often had substantially less attempts/completions per game. An experienced backup, like Morral, just had to look at the defensive alignment, call an audible when appropriate, and not make mistakes. That just isn't going to cut it today.

Good take though those teams had the Don!

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
Concussions suck, constant vertigo is the worst it would be enough for me to consider retiring. Just saying

Everyone has an opinion you just happen to be wrong. Brady looked old and washed last year and you want him in Miami? Mike White may or may not be the answer but he has a really good skillset and is a good fit for this offense. I love Tua and hope we see neither of them.

Back
Top Bottom