Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

I really don’t think any team in the league can make the playoffs if their starting QB misses a number of games during the season. All you can really expect from a backup QB is that QB playing well enough to keep his team in a game and maybe win a game or two over the course of the season.

Hopefully the only time we see White or Thompson on the field next season is during the preseason or late in the 4th quarter of games when the Dolphins have a huge lead.

I could be wrong, but of what we saw of him last year, and with the weapons Miami has on Offense, if he is needed for 1 to 2 games, I think he could get it somewhat done, as long as the defense in any of those games does not look like last years version.

Unlike with Tua, you can't really count on him in a shootout, so the defense would have to be extra sharp, but I really think he could score between 17 to 24 points per game. Now if Miami needs him to take over the season, or most of the season, he will eventually fail, and start doubting himself.

Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Not sure we've seen enough of, or the best of, Mike White in order to make that call.

It would be unlikely, but I'm not as down on him as some in this thread appear to be.

Given Tua’s history and the fact that he could be shut down at any moment we need to carry 3 QBs.

With that said, I don’t think White will be our QB2. I expect Thompson to win the backup job.
I honestly like White much more than Skylar. I think he'll impress fans in PreSeason and win their hearts.

I really think Miami nailed the backup situation. I like Skylar for #3, but White did well with that Jets team after Wilson went down. They actually moved the ball better. Remember the MIKE WHITE t shirts the players were all repping?

Mike White is a gunslinger.

I mean, he hasn't been a really GOOD gunslinger so far, but he definitely could have a few Fitzpatrick-type games with the talent Miami has at receiver.

Good thread topic. I for one see a fragile team as well. Very talented on paper, but we are literally counting on a high number of players coming off of injury from last year. If/when they go down, we are back to square one. Tua must stay healthy enough to play every game this season.
Tua can miss a few games during the seasons and depending who we play we can get by BUT, Not playoff time.

Back
Top Bottom