Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

I'd be more confident in Skyler playing than Mike White... I never liked the pickup. People here were satisfied with that, not me. Skyler should be our #2. You don't rely on a guy that won the last game of the year and almost led us to a win in Buffalo in a playoff game to reduce him to #3 the very next season. Not a good look for coach IMO
Disagree.

1. White’s best quality is he is as tough as nails. Likely we will never have to resort to #3 on the depth chart
2. Skylar had his chance to shine, and, well…
3. White has more upside

When the other option is Zach Wilson it makes sense to be repping Mike White. White is a serviceable backup, but he shouldn't be leading a team over a season form what I've seen so far. He reminds me of Matt Moore.
Matt moore was a fantastic backup. Sounds like you agree with me.

Mike White is a gunslinger.

I mean, he hasn't been a really GOOD gunslinger so far, but he definitely could have a few Fitzpatrick-type games with the talent Miami has at receiver.
Fitzpatrick never led any team he played on to the playoffs. While he might have been a gunslinger, he had a lot of games when he couldn’t shoot straight.

Just like Fitzpatrick, White is a backup for a reason. He would probably give the team a chance to win a game against a team they should beat but I certainly hope he isn’t the QB when they go up against the better teams on the Dolphins schedule.

Disagree.

1. White’s best quality is he is as tough as nails. Likely we will never have to resort to #3 on the depth chart
2. Skylar had his chance to shine, and, well…
3. White has more upside
Hmmmm, giving up on players after only a few games, wonder how that works out in the NFL? All good. We can disagree. I think Skyler was sooo good in the preseason, and did pretty decent being thrown into a few games in the regular season where coach didn't adjust **** for him or his style that he deserves another look. (With an adjusted game plan that is)I think he may have performed better had coach had a better game plan for him. Just what I think.

Of course Miami can compete.

As stated they took Buffalo to the brink in the playoffs.

Put Ramsey, Long, Berrios and Fangio with thar team last year what happens.

Miami is better equipped and has a more talented roster then the last 3 years with Tua.

Each year Tua missed games.
10-6
10-6
9-7

There's no reason, with the additions made to believe Miami would digress and suddenly not be competitive in that scenario.

IMO

Fitzpatrick never led any team he played on to the playoffs. While he might have been a gunslinger, he had a lot of games when he couldn’t shoot straight.

Just like Fitzpatrick, White is a backup for a reason. He would probably give the team a chance to win a game against a team they should beat but I certainly hope he isn’t the QB when they go up against the better teams on the Dolphins schedule.

We're of the same opinion.

My immediate thought is of course not. No one can win with a backup.
But two things.
1. Actually, we did. Earl Morrell played a lot of games for the injured Griese in 1972.
2. If we stay free of injuries, our defense might be good enough that a solid offense can win. If White can get the ball to our speed guys the offense may be well above average.

While FitzTragic made more than his share of mistakes, FitzMagic was a pretty damn good QB. IMO, it didn't help that he bounced around from bad team to bad team. In Miami he had a torn-down and rebuilding team with a crappy o-line, little talent on offense, and a HC who didn't care about the offense, yet he made Parker and Williams look like All-Pros and even led the team in rushing. I truly believe that Fitz would have had more success had he been on a better team. Imagine if he was still with Miami as Tua's back-up last season instead of Bridgewater... they'd probably win the Division and he'd finally get to start in a playoff game!

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
His numbers are no better than Skylar Thompson’s numbers so, hmmm 🤔

I really hope so! If Tua goes down none of us want to see this talented roster go to waste. Of course praying that Tua can hold it together but will absolutely have faith that White can get it done with McD's guidance!

Back
Top Bottom