can reggie bush rush for 1200 yds this yr as the feature back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can reggie bush rush for 1200 yds this yr as the feature back?

i've always wanted to see if reggie can be a real running back and get that century mark instead of being a gadget receiver.. he rushed for 1000 twice or so at USC, though not the greatest inside the tackles runner. do u think he can if healthy get to a 1000 yards rushing..1200? he has never had over 575. i know hes been working hard this off season but can he man up and be a real RB?

Hmm a guy that has never produced over 600 yards rushing will magically double that, i doubt it. What is this ronnie brown wishing redux.

1200 - 1300 total yards

Sounds about right

The idea of this offense is to spread the ball around and that's about 80 yards a game from Reggie.

I'd take that along with everyone's numbers (Brandon ,Bess ,Fasano , Harline) going up.

I think it's entirely possible. It is a good point that the Dolphins will depend on him to produce more than the Saints did.
I didn't want to start a new thread over this but do you all think Bush will keep #22? I ask this b/c I am considering getting a Bush Jersey.

Those who dont take note of history are destined to make the same mistakes over and over.

Betting on Reggie DOUBLING his career rushing high this year is pretty foolish. Is it possible, sure it is.

But not only have to suddenly become a great running back and suddenly become durable, he also has to share carries with Daniel Thomas in a system that favors sharing the load over a featured back.

And i think its time to finally put something that uscalum keeps putting out there at isnt true... he was not just a decoy for New Orleans... it just so happened that his most productive year was his rookie year.. and his play has steadily declined each year. When New Orleans figured out that the Name "Reggie Bush" and the potential of what he could do was better used then actually giving him the ball as any feature part of their offense, he started to be phased out of the offense..... LAST YEAR.
The previous... 5 years?... he was just ineffective..not a decoy.

I hope this year is an anomaly and he somehow resurrects his career. But anybody who would want to make bets rather than empty predictions, would def think twice before putting any kind of stakes on Reggie Surpassing even 900 yards rushing, let alone 1200.

I think it's entirely possible. It is a good point that the Dolphins will depend on him to produce more than the Saints did.
I didn't want to start a new thread over this but do you all think Bush will keep #22? I ask this b/c I am considering getting a Bush Jersey.

i see no reason why he would change..there hasnt been an indication otherwise..

If he stays healthy and our OL isnt crap it isnt beyond reality that he could rush for 1500.

Hmm a guy that has never produced over 600 yards rushing will magically double that, i doubt it. What is this ronnie brown wishing redux.

IF HE'S HEALTHY for a full season can he get over the century mark (whatever that is anymore).. he might be the next marshall faulk for miami.. we really can't just say he cant .. i think the best is yet 2 come if he's focused and ready to step up..a 1000 yds is what 4.5-5 ypc..

I hope that he can. But I am worried about him getting hurt if he is over used. I have to say though he seems to be working his *** off trying to prove that Miami made a good choice in trading for him.

It is probably better if we let the Jet trolls just answer all the questions.

1200 yards wow, thats really high expectations. The reason you cant expect that is because he will be used heavily in the passing game. So to expect him to get that much touches is crazy. You talking about Marshall Faulk numbers when your talking 1200 rushing and 800 plus yds receiving. A reasonable expectation is maybe 1000 yards rushing as a high goal for him. We are going to use Daniel Thomas a lot so expecting Bush to get that much burn is too high.

1200 yards wow, thats really high expectations. The reason you cant expect that is because he will be used heavily in the passing game. So to expect him to get that much touches is crazy. You talking about Marshall Faulk numbers when your talking 1200 rushing and 800 plus yds receiving. A reasonable expectation is maybe 1000 yards rushing as a high goal for him. We are going to use Daniel Thomas a lot so expecting Bush to get that much burn is too high.

i said its possible..never said that he would or that i expected him to.he is the feature back,but who knows how they plan to use him.

No. I expect about 700-800 on the ground at best. Not that he won't a net postive impact on our team, it's just that he isn't that type of back on the NFL level. He hasn't rushed for more the 600 yards in 5 years. 5 years is more than a sample size.

i said its possible..never said that he would or that i expected him to.he is the feature back,but who knows how they plan to use him.

Its possible, because its been done by Faulk. But its not reasonable. A lot has to go right, not only Bush has to take his running game to a whole new high level, but our offense as a whole will have to be clicking like the Rams in order for him to get that much oppurtunity to make that much plays in the running game. And think about this, Marshall Faulk played in a great all-around offense and Marshall had the running ability to reach close to 2000 yards in rushing. Marshall as a rusher was not used to the fullest and he still got 1300 yrds.

Its possible, because its been done by Faulk. But its not reasonable. A lot has to go right, not only Bush has to take his running game to a whole new high level, but our offense as a whole will have to be clicking like the Rams in order for him to get that much oppurtunity to make that much plays in the running game. And think about this, Marshall Faulk played in a great all-around offense and Marshall had the running ability to reach close to 2000 yards in rushing. Marshall as a rusher was not used to the fullest and he still got 1300 yrds.

now that i can agree with..i hope there isnt any confusion with the offense this year.the wildcat needs to die plain and simple for this to happen though.he also needs good oline play and be able to break tackles..

Back
Top Bottom