Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

QB controversy? Great for the media, not for the team. Granted Tua has a bad cast of characters, but Fitz can’t put it in the end zone, maybe let Fitz go between the 20’s and let Tua do the rest?

They did, but that QB had turned out to have unusually poor outing and was not moving the team at all.
So ride with him. Don’t you want to see if the QB that gives you the best chance to win overcome adversity? Not trying to rub salt. Just trying to understand the coaching decision. And then the same decision to come out and say you benched him. When a hit that he took could have easily said his ankle got tweaked.

So ride with him. Don’t you want to see if the QB that gives you the best chance to win overcome adversity?
No, he had 3.5 quarters and was not moving the team. And the coach wanted this game. It's not a case of "hey, let's see how it goes." We needed to win the game, not see how Tua would perform in the last half of fourth quarter!

My sister came to visit from out of town so had my attention away from the game for a bit..come back to see fitz in the game and all sorts of conflicting stuff about Tua’s foot vs. he just got pulled. I can’t imagine why on earth they would pull him, even if we were getting killed - given all the early success he’s had and what that would mean for his confidence.

that said, hate the idea he may have some mysterious injury.

so what gives?!
no run game.

no pass protection.

tua took a bad hit where he got twisted around and flo was like "time to put sh!tzpatrick on in."

So, let me get this straight. Coaching staff made the bold move to bet on the young qb despite the success with the vetetan, then three wins later, when tua struggles for a game where we were still in it, he gets pulled? Am I the only one scratching my head here? I mean, we saw fitz come back in and throw some dreadful passes, followed by a couple good ones, followed by another dreadful pass into to coverage to end the game. Woulda been a lot more interesting to see tua in that scenario.
No other NFL team would have pulled their young qb in that game, in that situation. Something’s not adding up.
I agree. If he wasn't injured, he needed to play. He needs to learn from, and how to overcome adversity. He is not going to do that getting pulled. It's like they are babying him. He can't be that emotionally fragile, right?

So you put in a QB that took exactly how many Snaps in Practice ? Makes zero sense.
i don't think it had anything to do with overcoming adversity.

after that last hit, flo wasn't chancing it.

the OLine couldn't protect him today.

haven't seen you around much during the 5 game winning streak.

Back
Top Bottom