Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

Bro his passes in the endzone aren't nothing. The kid is accurate but he just didnt have any time today. We need to improve the offensive line to maximize his potential.
Agreed, but you have to be able to drive a team to the endzone from more than just a short field provided by your opportunistic defense. Realistically, people have largely overlooked Tua's issues because of the wins, but he is still very much a rookie, and while he looked good in AZ, it's been mediocre at best overall. Kid is a rookie and needs more time, but when you are hyped to be the next franchise superstar and generational talent, people are going to grow impatient quickly. Is Tua what he was hyped to be? Maybe, but we surely haven't seen it yet. I do think the coaches bear a lot of responsibility for this, though, as they are clearly handcuffing and trying to protect him.

This.

People were crowning him after he did NOTHING in 3 games.

All he did was not lose the game for them.

He was doing nothing special.
Taking the offense down for the game tying TD and game winning score in Arizona is nothing? Tua had a bad game today but lets not pretend that he hasn't played well at all in his 4 starts.

The Defense needed help from our Offense today to maybe keep them off the field for a few minutes.

Agreed, but you have to be able to drive a team to the endzone from more than just a short field provided by your opportunistic defense. Realistically, people have largely overlooked Tua's issues because of the wins, but he is still very much a rookie, and while he looked good in AZ, it's been mediocre at best overall. Kid is a rookie and needs more time, but when you are hyped to be the next franchise superstar and generational talent, people are going to grow impatient quickly. Is Tua what he was hyped to be? Maybe, but we surely haven't seen it yet. I do think the coaches bear a lot of responsibility for this, though, as they are clearly handcuffing and trying to protect him.

I just think the kid is a rookie and will.gey better with time. Before Flores benched him, I was hoping he benched him for his safety.

Tua was getting pounded, got sacked 6 times. You can't let your rookie QB get sacked 10 times. Flores benched him to protect him since the OL sucked and Tua got his knee twisted up. If it was only a matter of time before he got hurt in Flores left him in there. Flores pulling him was the only protection Tua got all game.

He beat those guys and managed the games well enough to win like a vet. First game he seemed like a rookie to me all year.

I have seen Drew Lock and Justin Herbert look bad in recent weeks too.

The defense and special teams beat those guys, the offense was below average in both of those games. We were a bottom ranked offense going into today's game.

Don’t necessarily agree with the decision, but I understand it. Tua wasn’t moving the offense and was getting beat up. We were only down a score and had a chance to win.

Flores put in Fitzpatrick to spark the offense and give the Broncos a different QB then what they had game planned for, I think it’s as simple as that.

Gotta understand we’re competing for the division right now, every win counts, and that’s what Flores was going for.

I agree. If he wasn't injured, he needed to play. He needs to learn from, and how to overcome adversity. He is not going to do that getting pulled. It's like they are babying him. He can't be that emotionally fragile, right?
Bingo!

This sums up the impression Ive been getting from our coaching staff, right down to the playcalling, which seems vastly different when Fitz is under center.

Not sure I agree with this approach.

My sister came to visit from out of town so had my attention away from the game for a bit..come back to see fitz in the game and all sorts of conflicting stuff about Tua’s foot vs. he just got pulled. I can’t imagine why on earth they would pull him, even if we were getting killed - given all the early success he’s had and what that would mean for his confidence.

that said, hate the idea he may have some mysterious injury.

so what gives?!
The best way I can explain it is that...we lost.

Only Steeler fans can make the claim that their team hasn't lost.

Trotting out Jakeem Grant as a starting flanker, Mack Hollins, Malcolm Perry...Good luck generating good offense out of that. This evening you missed Preston Williams.

Plus 3 undrafted RBs and an undrafted Right Tackle protecting the QBs blindside. They've done well so far but it showed today.

If we won bills fans wouldn’t be posting here. Next time they go down I’m going to post on their forum and question all their decisions as well.

So, let me get this straight. Coaching staff made the bold move to bet on the young qb despite the success with the vetetan, then three wins later, when tua struggles for a game where we were still in it, he gets pulled? Am I the only one scratching my head here? I mean, we saw fitz come back in and throw some dreadful passes, followed by a couple good ones, followed by another dreadful pass into to coverage to end the game. Woulda been a lot more interesting to see tua in that scenario.
No other NFL team would have pulled their young qb in that game, in that situation. Something’s not adding up.
I think Flores looks at it like a baseball manager pulling a starting pitcher on a bad day. Nothing more and nothing less. Not giving up on Tua, not questioning his future or progrss up to this point. It was simply - "The team is down 10 points, who has the best chance to turning things around today?"

Bingo!

This sums up the impression Ive been getting from our coaching staff, right down to the playcalling, which seems vastly different when Fitz is under center.

Not sure I agree with this approach.

I kinda think the opposite with the decision. They are saying if you don't play well you can be pulled just like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom