Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

Phins are in a fight for division, for the playoffs. They needed a win, the win was within reach, and they put in a QB who gave them the best chance to win.
I'm not sure I agree. If this was the case, why start him at all? They pulled Fitz while he was playing the best ball of his life. If it is just about wins, how do they put Tua back in after that performance?

I'm not sure I agree. If this was the case, why start him at all? They pulled Fitz while he was playing the best ball of his life. If it is just about wins, how do they put Tua back in after that performance?
No he was not playing great. That Jets game was a torture to watch.

He was taking some bad hits and constantly under pressure. I think they were just trying to protect him and not have something like happened to Burrow happen to Tua. You could tell he was bothered by the pressure all day and you know his injury last year is still in his mind making him a little skittish.

He was getting hit often in the pocket. After a scary sack where he got blasted and got his leg caught under a defender at the end of the 3rd quarter Flores pulled him.

This was his worst game so far. But he didnt have any time to throw at all. He looked like a rookie for the first time all year. I think he was injured.

All the early success? He frankly hasn't done much. His best game he had 248 yards and 2 TDs. Not terrible, but not exactly HOF numbers. He's averaging less than 130 yards per game. He's mostly sat back and let the defense win games. That didn't work today. He couldn't move the ball at all and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Even his couple of completions did not allow receivers to keep their feet and get YAC. He played like **** and the rest of the team's performance didn't help him out.

This.

People were crowning him after he did NOTHING in 3 games.

All he did was not lose the game for them.

He was doing nothing special.

Does anybody remember WoodStrock...just saying Fitz is ok in a pinch, the kid played like a rookie today and his skill players didn’t produce, and let’s not even talk about the o line

i don't think it had anything to do with overcoming adversity.

after that last hit, flo wasn't chancing it.

the OLine couldn't protect him today.

haven't seen you around much during the 5 game winning streak.
My Bills were playing so I can’t watch your games. I come around when I can watch games.

This.

People were crowning him after he did NOTHING in 3 games.

All he did was not lose the game for them.

He was doing nothing special.

Bro his passes in the endzone aren't nothing. The kid is accurate but he just didnt have any time today. We need to improve the offensive line to maximize his potential.

All the early success? He frankly hasn't done much. His best game he had 248 yards and 2 TDs. Not terrible, but not exactly HOF numbers. He's averaging less than 130 yards per game. He's mostly sat back and let the defense win games. That didn't work today. He couldn't move the ball at all and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Even his couple of completions did not allow receivers to keep their feet and get YAC. He played like **** and the rest of the team's performance didn't help him out.
This is hard to argue with. In the universe of facts. Which seems to be a minority parallel universe these days.

He was getting hit often in the pocket. After a scary sack where he got blasted and got his leg c aught under a defender at the end of the 3rd quarter Flores pulled him.

This was his worst game so far. But he didnt have any time to throw at all. He looked like a rookie for the first time all year. I think he was injured.
1st time all year looking like a rookie, you didn't watch the Rams and the Chargers game ?

He was getting beat up and probably saw some decision making that he wanted to pull the plug and restart next week. This loss wasn't alll on Tua, both the offense and defense was terrible as was he.

1st time all year looking like a rookie, you didn't watch the Rams and the Chargers game ?

He beat those guys and managed the games well enough to win like a vet. First game he seemed like a rookie to me all year.

I have seen Drew Lock and Justin Herbert look bad in recent weeks too.

Back
Top Bottom