Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

Its easy to understand why he was benched even if you don't agree with it. 6 sacks allowed and a few were certainly on him. Hesitant to run, hesitant to throw it away, holding the ball, terrible footwork.... Just a bad game. Maybe we shouldn't have benched him but it gave the team a spark and we were finally able to move the ball and had a chance to tie it up.

No kidding! He’s a rookie. It’s unbelievable how most fans think he’s supposed to just step in and be Aaron Rodgers. He’s gonna be up and down. That’s what rookies do. Our offensive line was abysmal today, it’s fortunate he wasn’t carted off the field. The dolphins are a young team. They’ve gotten a lot better but they still have a lot of work to do to become a great team. Tua will get better and be fine. People need to chill out and relax.
Aaron Rodgers lost today also...

I think Flores looks at it like a baseball manager pulling a starting pitcher on a bad day. Nothing more and nothing less. Not giving up on Tua, not questioning his future or progrss up to this point. It was simply the team is down 10 points, who has the best chance to turning things around today?
I think that’s the case and also hope that’s the case. No denying fitz injected some energy into the offense when he came in and almost brought the team back. Also no reason to look at this game and question Tuas long term viability in the nfl. Wasn’t pretty but let’s remember it was a rookies 4th game

one of the reasons I wasn’t ready for the switch to Tua was because I believe he needs to have an RPO offense that his designed to his skillest, im Not sure of the numbers yet but it looked like Tua was running the Fitz offense, 90 percent shotgun, RPO was very limited, and that’s just not maximizing what the strengths of your qb Is.

thought the game was poorly coached from an offensive standpoint.

Especially when your inside the redzone of your opponent with 2 mins to go and you don’t call plays like you have four downs..

you absolutely have four downs to pick up 10 yards, scheme accordingly damn it.

So, let me get this straight. Coaching staff made the bold move to bet on the young qb despite the success with the vetetan, then three wins later, when tua struggles for a game where we were still in it, he gets pulled? Am I the only one scratching my head here? I mean, we saw fitz come back in and throw some dreadful passes, followed by a couple good ones, followed by another dreadful pass into to coverage to end the game. Woulda been a lot more interesting to see tua in that scenario.
No other NFL team would have pulled their young qb in that game, in that situation. Something’s not adding up.
He was getting killed back there, it may have been to also protect him with his foot. Not that I’m defending his performance, his accuracy was off, not sure if the altitude was a factor in that the ball goes further, but he was definitely off today. He was getting sacked like crazy And our Oline struggled today Too which didn’t help. The key is how does he and the team respond to adversity? Getting your buttocks kicked is a great educator. There was probably a lot that he learned today.

Offense definitely moved much better with Fitzpatrick until his turnover although Tua caught a break early on the interception that was called back because of defensive holding. He played like a rookie today.

Problem w benching tua is that if fitz won this game you have a full blown qb controversy. I love flo but Brian: are you in or are you out ?

Good point brother apologies I am just salty
Not an issue. We all get that way. All good. Just watched the game that reminds me ALOT of what I saw with Bills (pre Allen). A team that has an offense that needs points and big plays from Defense or ST. Maybe it is the QB maybe scheme maybe OL maybe skill positions. But that is unsustainable win technique. Bills have tried it for Years. You need an explosive offense. But not saying your trash. Just not there yet.

cant live off Defensive TOs. Need an offense that just says OK OUTSCORE us. But they do play hard for your coach (reminds me of McD First year). Need more tools I think, maybe a QB but not gonna drag him on 4 or 5 starts whatever it is. But still will NEVER understand the coach decision to bench him in a competitive game, you know the saying when you have two QBs you don’t have any.

I kinda think the opposite with the decision. They are saying if you don't play well you can be pulled just like everyone else.
We had a chance to win the game. It wasn't shaping up that way with how the game was going.

Back
Top Bottom