Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

My sister came to visit from out of town so had my attention away from the game for a bit..come back to see fitz in the game and all sorts of conflicting stuff about Tua’s foot vs. he just got pulled. I can’t imagine why on earth they would pull him, even if we were getting killed - given all the early success he’s had and what that would mean for his confidence.

that said, hate the idea he may have some mysterious injury.

so what gives?!
I want the QB to develop and the benching was warranted. He was completely inept today. I was hoping they’d pull him because it was clear we weren’t going to get a drive going in the 2nd half w him in there. As soon as Fitz came in we went right down the field and he made some big throws. Problem was Fitz did “his thing” w the game on the line w that pick. Tua was really awful today. The benching is part of the growing experience. His play reminds me so far of David Woodley as a rookie w an old Bob Griese coming off of the bench when he struggled. Some good, some bad w the talent level obvious. Work in progress.

With all the capital you have. I would use one of those Firsts to go get an already Made WR. Like Bills - Diggs and AZ - Hopkins. I do think your draft capital can really overhaul the offense in the offseason. I don’t think Chan should be the guy running it though.
Some good points

So, let me get this straight. Coaching staff made the bold move to bet on the young qb despite the success with the vetetan, then three wins later, when tua struggles for a game where we were still in it, he gets pulled? Am I the only one scratching my head here? I mean, we saw fitz come back in and throw some dreadful passes, followed by a couple good ones, followed by another dreadful pass into to coverage to end the game. Woulda been a lot more interesting to see tua in that scenario.
No other NFL team would have pulled their young qb in that game, in that situation. Something’s not adding up.
See Tua's final play again. Everyone had their heart in their throats for a sec, and I think Flores was like 'F This Noise' with how the O-line was playing and Tua being rattled. Tua wouldve gotten really clobbered, like when a boxer gets stunned. Unlike Rocky for Apollo, Flores wasnt late with the towel.

Not an issue. We all get that way. All good. Just watched the game that reminds me ALOT of what I saw with Bills (pre Allen). A team that has an offense that needs points and big plays from Defense or ST. Maybe it is the QB maybe scheme maybe OL maybe skill positions. But that is unsustainable win technique. Bills have tried it for Years. You need an explosive offense. But not saying your trash. Just not there yet.

cant live off Defensive TOs. Need an offense that just says OK OUTSCORE us. But they do play hard for your coach (reminds me of McD First year). Need more tools I think, maybe a QB but not gonna drag him on 4 or 5 starts whatever it is. But still will NEVER understand the coach decision to bench him in a competitive game, you know the saying when you have two QBs you don’t have any.
I read this and was thinking great response man for sure. Then I was cruising through the posts and keep seeing you compare everything to the bills. Dude do you realize the bills have basically never won anything? Your team right now is doing well for 2020 but do you even know if they are actually playoff worthy or even good to win a game in the playoffs? Not yet.

Its almost like your talking down to us dolphins fans like your 13 years old and we are 7. Especially after our team loses a game when we we were all previously high on our win streak we haven’t enjoyed for decades. Now we are deflated and your trying to play good guy.

Get a life man.

I read this and was thinking great response man for sure. Then I was cruising through the posts and keep seeing you compare everything to the bills. Dude do you realize the bills have basically never won anything? Your team right now is doing well for 2020 but do you even know if they are actually playoff worthy or even good to win a game in the playoffs? Not yet.

Its almost like your talking down to us dolphins fans like your 13 years old and we are 7. Especially after our team loses a game when we we were all previously high on our win streak we haven’t enjoyed for decades. Now we are deflated and your trying to play good guy.

Get a life man.
I compare this MIA team to the Bills because is parallels very good. Two bottom feeding teams. Hit on a Coach that seems to be turning around the organizations. You know what they have said for at least a decade about MIA. Just keep playing they will quit. And it has been true. RIGHT UP Until you hired Flores. You know what they have said about the Bills. Just keep playing they will quit and you know what it has been true RIGHT UP until they hired McD. Sorry you cannot get past the fact the Comparison is accurate because I am using the Bills.

sorry you take it as talking down to you that we are a year ahead in our rebuild. Not talking down just further along.

I compare this MIA team to the Bills because is parallels very good. Two bottom feeding teams. Hit on a Coach that seems to be turning around the organizations. You know what they have said for at least a decade about MIA. Just keep playing they will quit. And it has been true. RIGHT UP Until you hired Flores. You know what they have said about the Bills. Just keep playing they will quit and you know what it has been true RIGHT UP until they hired McD. Sorry you cannot get past the fact the Comparison is accurate because I am using the Bills.

sorry you take it as talking down to you that we are a year ahead in our rebuild. Not talking down just further along.
Dude can we just mutually hate the Jets and Pats together and call it a day? It’s too late for this mind****.

X
My sister came to visit from out of town so had my attention away from the game for a bit..come back to see fitz in the game and all sorts of conflicting stuff about Tua’s foot vs. he just got pulled. I can’t imagine why on earth they would pull him, even if we were getting killed - given all the early success he’s had and what that would mean for his confidence.

that said, hate the idea he may have some mysterious injury.

so what gives?!
Cause he was playing like crap. Its bigger than tua .it was a good move that didnt work. We needed a change up.

The right call at the end would've been to get it to 10 yard line with Fitz, and then bring back Tua for a rainbow TD to Parker. I wonder if Fitz sabotaged that plan.

See Tua's final play again. Everyone had their heart in their throats for a sec, and I think Flores was like 'F This Noise' with how the O-line was playing and Tua being rattled. Tua wouldve gotten really clobbered, like when a boxer gets stunned. Unlike Rocky for Apollo, Flores wasnt late with the towel.
I can appreciate the concern for his health. It’s just concerning that the coaching staff is not confident enough in Tua’s health to let him struggle through a couple quarters of bad pass protection. Again, this happens to a lot of teams, but healthy, good performing QBs don’t get pulled when the games’ on the line and a win still within reach.

I trust Flores, and if he felt it was in the team’s best interest to pull Tua, then he deserves the benefit of the doubt. But there’s no question it was an unusual move and something to watch for in relation to how they feel about tua’s durability right now.

I do not believe they benched Tua for performance. I understand if they did but I just don’t believe it . I don’t see how you can competently flip flop on Qbs. The Rosen / fitz thing comes up and it is disturbing. You cannot do this to young qbs and of this is what is going on I need to re evaluate the FO.

I do not believe they benched Tua for performance. I understand if they did but I just don’t believe it . I don’t see how you can competently flip flop on Qbs. The Rosen / fitz thing comes up and it is disturbing. You cannot do this to young qbs and of this is what is going on I need to re evaluate the FO.
Coach said they did. But also said he is still the starter going forward.

Back
Top Bottom