Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Miami’s defense will have a completely different look in 2020. Lawson and Van Noy will make their linebacking corps one of the soundest in the AFC, and the addition of Jones to go along with CB Xavien Howard might give the Dolphins the best pair of starting cornerbacks in the NFL

Miami’s defense will have a completely different look in 2020. Lawson and Van Noy will make their linebacking corps one of the soundest in the AFC, and the addition of Jones to go along with CB Xavien Howard might give the Dolphins the best pair of starting cornerbacks in the NFL

Obviously, they can. The debate should be over likelihood. Just about everything will have to go right - FAs playing to potential, good draft picks, few injures, Gailey being quite good, . . . I'll be happy if they're 'in the hunt' in Dec

Well, the division does seem up for grabs.

Honestly, I think Buffalo, NE and Miami are pretty even.

That being said, the Pats are still favorites, until someone takes them down.

I believe a division title is just as likely as a WC berth.

It really comes down to health and development. If we select 2 offensive tackles and they develop with our other new and young players we should be formidable. If we lose both to injury then we are back to the same old line backups. Obviously Qb play makes a huge difference. Can Fitzmagic play well the entire year?

I dont think we'll make the playoffs with Fitzpatrick at QB.
IDK, with solid O-line play, and superior game plans, Fitz is competant to execute an offense. He surely is not going to be easily fooled by alignments, stunts, etc.

This draft, more than any other draft, will determine that for the next years to come. This draft for us is like 2 to 3 drafts in 1. If we can ace this draft we can fix our team instantly, if we squander this draft we will be in the same 8 and 8 mediocrity we have been for the last 2 decades.

Well, there's an additional playoff team so that will help. But my guess, prior to the draft, would be no. I think 8-8 is more likely especially if the Dolphins have a good/great draft.

The team will have so much youth, potentially two rookies at offensive tackle. Perhaps a rookie quarterback at maybe the midway point. Even Tua probably won't sit for a year if that's the way Miami goes.

Well, there's an additional playoff team so that will help. But my guess, prior to the draft, would be no. I think 8-8 is more likely especially if the Dolphins have a good/great draft.

The team will have so much youth, potentially two rookies at offensive tackle. Perhaps a rookie quarterback at maybe the midway point. Even Tua probably won't sit for a year if that's the way Miami goes.
I would say the opposite is true.

If Tua is the pick with 2 rookie OTs, it's more likely he sits. At least 3/4 of the season.

He is already, presumably, an injury risk (you can say he isn't all you want, but GMs are surely taking it into account).

Why would you expose him with an inexperienced O-line?

I would say the opposite is true.

If Tua is the pick with 2 rookie OTs, it's more likely he sits. At least 3/4 of the season.

He is already, presumably, an injury risk (you can say he isn't all you want, but GMs are surely taking it into account).

Why would you expose him with an inexperienced O-line?
I agree he wouldn't start right away, but perhaps by mid-season. By then maybe the offensive line would have worked out its potential growing pains.

IDK, with solid O-line play, and superior game plans, Fitz is competant to execute an offense. He surely is not going to be easily fooled by alignments, stunts, etc.
Hes also not going to be consistently accurate.

I just can't see us starting two rookies at OT this season regardless of who is at QB. I believe we'll bring in a veteran to be a stopgap at OT at some point before the season starts, probably after the post draft cuts.

As for can we make the playoffs? Sure, anything is possible, but it's not likely. While we should certainly be better than we were last year, we still have a pretty tough schedule this year, so while we may be better and play better, it doesn't necessarily mean we will win that many more games.

On the other hand, look how strongly this band of castoffs, misfits and undrafted nobodies played for Flores at the end of last season. With more talent on the team this year, who knows?

TFK

I just can't see us starting two rookies at OT this season regardless of who is at QB. I believe we'll bring in a veteran to be a stopgap at OT at some point before the season starts, probably after the post draft cuts.

As for can we make the playoffs? Sure, anything is possible, but it's not likely. While we should certainly be better than we were last year, we still have a pretty tough schedule this year, so while we may be better and play better, it doesn't necessarily mean we will win that many more games.

On the other hand, look how strongly this band of castoffs, misfits and undrafted nobodies played for Flores at the end of last season. With more talent on the team this year, who knows?

TFK
It's not an easy schedule, but everyone in the AFCE plays the same NFC teams.

Beat up our division, and there is a shot.

Back
Top Bottom