Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020

Can they? I think they can. Will they? I wouldn't hold my breath. I think we will see a lot of improvement from last season, but I don't think we will make it. If they hit well on draft picks, it could be a game changer.

Way way wayyyyyyyy too early to even really consider this. Don't know who we're drafting, don't think we're having mini camps, don't know how much TC there will be and don't know how much season there will be in addition to the five or six new starters we got in FA AND the 5 or 6 new starters who will be rookies.

Does my bravado, cause me to think that we can get to Playoffs? Absolutely. However in reality, there's more to figure out than we've ever dealt with.

Way way wayyyyyyyy too early to even really consider this. Don't know who we're drafting, don't think we're having mini camps, don't know how much TC there will be and don't know how much season there will be in addition to the five or six new starters we got in FA AND the 5 or 6 new starters who will be rookies.

Does my bravado, cause me to think that we can get to Playoffs? Absolutely. However in reality, there's more to figure out than we've ever dealt with.

1586352663429.jpeg

The Fins scored less than 20 points per game last season and they didnt do much to improve on that. The 2 biggest components they could improve to sore mosre points are OL and QB, so essentially, they need to hit on 3-4 instant good starters to really make a diff from last year, which is highly unlikely IMO...

The lack of minicamp is worrisome with such a young group and, potentially, many rookies.

There is only so much you can do via the internet, and nearly impossible for coaches to do any real evaluation prior to TC.

I always go into every season saying if we sweep the Jets and the Bills, all we have to do is go 6-6 the rest of the way and we can make the playoffs.

Doesn't sound too hard, does it?

TFK
The Bills have had our number for quite some time, we need to break that trend. I don't know if this is the year we do that or not. The Jet's are usually a split no matter how the two teams are playing, just the way the Football Gods have it right now...

The Fins scored less than 20 points per game last season and they didnt do much to improve on that. The 2 biggest components they could improve to sore mosre points are OL and QB, so essentially, they need to hit on 3-4 instant good starters to really make a diff from last year, which is highly unlikely IMO...
How many point uptick would an even competent O-line make, not to mention a couple of actual NFL RBs?

How many point uptick would an even competent O-line make, not to mention a couple of actual NFL RBs?
Alot IMO. The problem is, they werent in the same galaxy as competent last season. The unit is hard to get right because you cant afford to have one guys thats much worst than the others, he will absolutely bring the group down. Now even if they hit on 2-3 good/great tackles and guards, they wont all be ready day one, they'll make mistakes and take turns at it... I mean anything is possible I wouldnt count on it.

I think if the Fins wanted to make the playoffs next season, they'd have put more money on the OL in FA and less on D... Which Im fine with, if the D plays good, that should keep the offense in games and alleviate pressure. Im looking at alot of close losses next season, they'll be in it and screw it up mostly by lack of experience... Not saying that's what's going to happen, but its what I expect...

Last edited:
At this point we don't even know if we'll have a 16 game season. Say they have to start the season late and they play only 12 games.......with so many new players that we're going to have this year it'll take a while for everyone to be on the same page so by the time we start to play better we could be out of it already. What I want to see if players making progress.

FWIW, about 23ppg the last 9, as you imply, with a poor OL

The lack of minicamp is worrisome with such a young group and, potentially, many rookies.

There is only so much you can do via the internet, and nearly impossible for coaches to do any real evaluation prior to TC.

I think it’s more likely the team as a whole regresses from last season, particularly Fitzpatrick who is assuredly going to pull his usual stinker season that always follows his good seasons. We might have more wins, though.

No Brady and depending on what we do at qb in the draft id say sure why not.

But buffalo is the easy front runner we are all chasin

Opponents combined win% during that stretch: .444
Number of playoff teams during that stretch: 2

Cleveland >
Opponents combined win% during that stretch: .42
Number of playoff teams during that stretch: 2
I guess their ppg don't count either.

I'm not trying to argue. We can spin this all day. The O improved last 9 games WITHOUT a run game. FWIW, the D improved the last 9 games while playing some 8th stringers. Does that improvement and additions this year mean they can make the playoffs? I'm not optimistic. Does it mean they'll be top 10 O and O? Doubtful. But the team did improve and neither O nor D were as bad the last 9 games as full season stats imply.

We win.5 games last yr. goal should be at leased 7 to 8 games this yr. If we play.. Anything after that would be great. We should be in Hunt of playoff.

Back
Top Bottom