Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........

I must say I’ve never seen a player that folks really want to be RIGHT on as much as Tua. It’s like everyone’s evaluation skills are hanging in the balance in being RIGHT about Tua.

I hate comparisons like Brees and Tua. I think it is more important to focus on Tua’s ability to complete 70-85% of his passes. From his very first snap, he has shown good ball placement. There were plenty of rough spots while he improved his game, but I can see a very productive offense with Tua. I do believe he will get better at pre-snap which will make it a little easier for him. Any and I do mean any improvement from Jackson or Eichenberg will raise the floor for this offense significantly. I will give an example - a 10% increase of snaps with the punch and hand placement inside the line of shoulders would really help the running game. Eichenberg staying on his feet would really help the run game.

Health pending, but the elite traits are there.

As important as any, Tua is about learning and continually growing.

It’s a bit early to compare him to Drew Brees. Let the record show you could say the same thing about Drew Brees himself after the first 3 years of his career.

Let the record also show that I want more titles than Brees lone Super bowl.

It’s a bit early to compare him to Drew Brees. Let the record show you could say the same thing about Drew Brees himself after the first 3 years of his career.

Let the record also show that I want more titles than Brees lone Super bowl.

Yup, since we are comparing the 2, by my recollection Brees didn't look near where Tua is now at this stage. The last year in SD he really started looking exceptional, and we know the rest. But as you said it took him a few years.

Back
Top Bottom